Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

Need this guy to rear his head sometime soon:

If we look at the difference between his performance here and his current performances, to me it looks like he’s lost his athleticism a little bit as I mentioned before. He’s smaller and has lost that explosive step that was the most interesting bit about him as a player. The consequences, along with the speed of the English game being a bit faster, are clear. He has far less time on the ball here, and that combined with the fact that he can’t shield the ball anywhere near as well as he used to, are proving a big challenge for him.

I don’t think we’ll see the best of Bakayoko for sometime. He’s lost his general enthusiasm for the game a bit as well so he’s making stupid errors. 

I think The Mak was spot on about him needing a year or two to adjust at CFC before we see the best of him. It’s just weird, like I mentioned just before, how we’ve essentially signed a project when we’ve already got our own projects in midfield.

Testing time in the young man’s career. 

He needs dropped for Drinkwater or we go back to 343 for a while.

He has got some  ability but he’s playing so poorly after making some audacious claim about being better than a lot of French MF players. He clearly has self belief but I feel he’s trying to hard, it’s time for him to go back to basics, win tackles, win headers, keep it simple with the ball etc. Too often he looks to over complicate things and isn’t having a positive effect on the match.

Since that United performance he has been pretty awful, has he won a tackle without fouling more than once in a game this season? He was caught sleeping for the goal tonight, fair enough that can happen to the best or worst of players but his performance itself was pretty poor other than one good pass into the box for Eden in first half and a few tackles which he somehow didn’t gift a foul to Atletico. I’m sure he’ll turn the tide eventually but this season is going to be one of transition for him.

Keep seeing Ruben being mentioned but it’s not even relevant mentioning him because these guys are two different players. A 8 and a 10.

59 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Need this guy to rear his head sometime soon:

If we look at the difference between his performance here and his current performances, to me it looks like he’s lost his athleticism a little bit as I mentioned before. He’s smaller and has lost that explosive step that was the most interesting bit about him as a player. The consequences, along with the speed of the English game being a bit faster, are clear. He has far less time on the ball here, and that combined with the fact that he can’t shield the ball anywhere near as well as he used to, are proving a big challenge for him.

I don’t think we’ll see the best of Bakayoko for sometime. He’s lost his general enthusiasm for the game a bit as well so he’s making stupid errors. 

I think The Mak was spot on about him needing a year or two to adjust at CFC before we see the best of him. It’s just weird, like I mentioned just before, how we’ve essentially signed a project when we’ve already got our own projects in midfield.

Testing time in the young man’s career. 

decent performance in the video where he looks more like Kante, but we already had one and better (kante). And now have another player in the same mold in Drinkwater. What we don't have is the pogbas, iniestas, Verratis. Fabregas nowadays is backup, rotation at best.

Those type of players (skillful mids) are indeed difficult to find, so you either buy the expensive proven, or you make bets: we do neither.

5 minutes ago, Robguima said:

decent performance in the video where he looks more like Kante, but we already had one and better (kante). And now have another player in the same mold in Drinkwater. What we don't have is the pogbas, iniestas, Verratis. Fabregas nowadays is backup, rotation at best.

Those type of players (skillful mids) are indeed difficult to find, so you either buy the expensive proven, or you make bets: we do neither.

I agree that we need that sort of profile in the squad, which is why I was so against the Drinkwater deal, especially after we already signed Bakayoko. 

@MrExcalibur100 just now suggested someone like Dahoud from BVB as a good example, which I’m in total agreement with. 

35 minutes ago, El P. said:

I compared him some time ago to Chalobah, saying why didn't we try with him, he was free and homegrown, 'our kid'. Still think he is anything above Chalobah?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I liked Chalobah. Showed in limited minutes last season he was dependable and could help shore up the middle of the park in matches but for a team looking to win, to improve and compete is that necessarily worth keeping when he wants to leave and you think your getting a guy who was one of the more impressive CM players in Europe who was vital for Monaco in their CL run? Not sure, it’s hard as well to judge now because Nathaniel is injured at Watford, after a decent start from what I hear but I’m sure come the end of the season we’ll know. I hope in the long run Baka turns out to be worth it.

I think Chalobah would have stayed if he was told he’d get more game time, knew Matic was going to be sold (was surprised we sold him myself) and that Conte was going to change to 352. Instead of Drinkwater, he’d of been 35M cheaper that could have been used elsewhere although DD has looked good in limited minutes but I wouldn’t say we’re missing Chalobah as we have some options in MF (maybe could of done with somebody more like Cesc) and again I hope in the long run Baka will be a better player just to justify buying him and selling Chalobah but known Chelsea’s luck with former players who knows 😂

Worst thing about whole situation with him is that we will not go for another central midfielder for years, we have Kante, Drinkwater and Bakayoko. Except maybe if some really good offer for him comes to our address, but somehow I doubt it.

I seriously don't actually see what kind of quality he even gives to the club. His shooting is poor, in passing always gives the ball away, while tackling always fouls and gives chances to the opposite team, is lazy and doesn't provide any sort of high work rate and his defensive positioning is also laughable, never being able to perfectly track any runner. It's just there to see how much time more it takes before the club realises that they have to bring in a replacement, because he just hasn't been good.

We should remember that when a player (especially a young one, despite having more time to rectify things) has had a solid season, then has a massive drop of form, more often than not that player doesn't climb back up to where they were. Somewhat rarely, they will get back to their best, but far more rarely will they exceed that previous best; it's hard enough just regaining form - and usually players fade away when they drop in form this drastically. A drastic lack of ability on show for a season has never proceeded greatness in the following seasons to come if my knowledge is right. Once you hit rock bottom, you rarely learn to fly again in this game.

(Wilshere, Balotelli, Michael Johnson from Man City, Bojan, Drenthe, Giuseppe Rossi, Moura, Oscar, Jack Rodwell, Kakuta, Marin/Schurrle/and a hoard of prospects we signed), this list could go on forever. On the other hand, who's gone from 'prospect', to 'dog-shit', to 'wow, this guy turned out great!'? I pray nobody says Drogba :lol::wub:I can't think of anyone really.

Also - Lampard, Wright, Ferdinand, probably someone else i haven't read about yet - all England greats, all saying they don't even understand what sort of player Bakayoko's trying to be.

Has there ever been a player so heavily doubted, by greats of the game no less, who proved everybody wrong?

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

We should remember that when a player (especially a young one, despite having more time to rectify things) has had a solid season, then has a massive drop of form, more often than not that player doesn't climb back up to where they were. Somewhat rarely, they will get back to their best, but far more rarely will they exceed that previous best; it's hard enough just regaining form - and usually players fade away when they drop in form this drastically. A drastic lack of ability on show for a season has never proceeded greatness in the following seasons to come if my knowledge is right. Once you hit rock bottom, you rarely learn to fly again in this game.

(Wilshere, Balotelli, Michael Johnson from Man City, Bojan, Drenthe, Giuseppe Rossi, Moura, Oscar, Jack Rodwell, Kakuta, Marin/Schurrle/and a hoard of prospects we signed), this list could go on forever. On the other hand, who's gone from 'prospect', to 'dog-shit', to 'wow, this guy turned out great!'? I pray nobody says Drogba :lol::wub:I can't think of anyone really.

A lot of people thought Hazard had fallen off 2014/2015. Boy were they wrong...
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Some players are "confidence players". They thrive when they have self belief, but when they don't its brutal. Most confidence players also seem to lose their confidence easily.

Just now, Yeboii said:

Some players are "confidence players". They thrive when they have self belief, but when they don't its brutal. Most confidence players also seem to lose their confidence easily.

So the joint best player in the world is maybe an exception :P

1 hour ago, Yeboii said:

bakayoko simply It has no class, it is not a question of more or less form.in the past I have always defended hazard, and those who wanted he goes away simply do not understood anything.

59 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

He was sleeping again on the pitch and he was again responsible for the goal. 

How come in the first place we paid such a high transfer fee for that fraud?

I don’t think that the situation is dramatic. He was pretty decent in the first half and he is clearly a very talented, strong and tall midfielder. He needs to improve tactically but he will be a fine player for us.