Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

What exactly is this guy good at? fucking hell man, the dude is an absolutely shit passer, an even worse dribbler, just a fucking terrible player all around.

People keep saying that he has potential, at fucking what exactly? because at his age he should have the fucking basic´s covered at least

3 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

What can I say?

He's another one whose been very poor this season as well. 

He's been poor Conte. Maybe with the extra UCL burden he's showing a more realistic picture of his coaching level? He still has no answer to the brand of football Pochettino, Klopp and Guardiola play. How many times have these teams outplayed us? Now with CL football its more of a level playing field and Conte isn't showing anything amazing. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bakayoko was poor today. No doubt about that. But the irony of all this moaning is that we did the same with some previous players and are now regretting we sold them.

Sorry, but those guys at least showed something, this guys is completely garbage.

Could please enlighten me, at WHAT does he excel exactly?

10 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He's been poor Conte. Maybe with the extra UCL burden he's showing a more realistic picture of his coaching level? He still has no answer to the brand of football Pochettino, Klopp and Guardiola play. How many times have these teams outplayed us? Now with CL football its more of a level playing field and Conte isn't showing anything amazing. 

I agree with all of that. At the same time, a big part of our struggle is playing 5 defenders and expecting to play strong teams off the field. And this 5-defender-scenario only happens because we don't have the players required to play like a top team should - which I personally believe is the fault of other people from the club. Conte plays the hand he was dealt.

I think we'd be far worse without him. He clearly recognised we don't have the quality, so he tailor-made an odd system for us, which at least makes us somewhat able to grind out results most of the time. I have so much respect for the man because of that.

I imagine if we had chests full of cash (a Chelsea supporter, trying to imagine his club having more money...dreadful), and brought in better players, we'd be great under Conte, no matter who we faced. Just go back to a regular 4-2-3-1, Morata up top, Hazard behind; 2 brand new brilliant wingers; 2 brand new brilliant full backs; and then a real partner for Kante. Easier said than done though. 5-6 XI-level players short.

Just now, Leif said:

I agree with all of that. A big part of our struggle is playing 5 defenders and expecting to play strong teams off the field. And that happens only because we don't have the players required to play like a top team should - which I personally believe is the fault of other people from the club. Conte plays the hand he was dealt.

I think we'd be far worse without him. He clearly recognised we don't have the quality, so he tailor-made an odd system for us, which at least makes us somewhat able to grind out results most of the time. I have so much respect for the man because of that.

I imagine if we had chests full of cash and brought in better players, we'd be great under Conte, no matter who we faced. Just go back to a regular 4-2-3-1, Morata up top, Hazard behind; 2 brand new brilliant wingers; 2 brand new brilliant full backs; and then a real partner for Kante. Easier said than done. 5-6 XI-level players short.

I'm not so sure about that. I think being able to coach the brand of football Guardiola plays is a talent. Of couse if he had a wad of cash to spend he would build a stronger team but how will his team play? Will we be able to match City? I have my doubts. I don't really see much in his coaching strengths that suggest he can build a team to play football against Guardiola. Or even Klopp and Pochettino for that matter. 

I don't see any irony in these criticisms, which are certainly not merely moans. Who have we sold, and regretted, who performed like Bakayoko? We don't regret selling Matic. De Bruyne was obviously dripping in quality even under Mourinho. Selling Salah was absolutely the right thing to do - he's great at what he does, but what he does is limited, and won't consistently bring you to cup finals. We have no regrets over the Lukaku sale. No regrets re: Mata. No regrets re: Oscar. Nor Diego Costa for most of us, I think.

It's fantasy to pretend we've gone through this before with other players. We haven't moaned moaned moaned about a player, only to be like 'How come we sold him!!!!!' seasons on. Not once in my memory.

We're back where we were a few seasons ago. Unfortunately with players who cost so much, that neither the coach or the board will have the balls to cut their losses early. So, we'll be mediocre for something like 2-3 more seasons, finally phase Bakayoko into a bench player, introduce someone who can pass well from deep, and then enjoy 1 year of success. It's how we roll.

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

I agree with all of that. At the same time, a big part of our struggle is playing 5 defenders and expecting to play strong teams off the field. And this 5-defender-scenario only happens because we don't have the players required to play like a top team should - which I personally believe is the fault of other people from the club. Conte plays the hand he was dealt.

I imagine if we had chests full of cash (a Chelsea supporter, trying to imagine his club having more money...dreadful), and brought in better players, we'd be great under Conte, no matter who we faced. Just go back to a regular 4-2-3-1, Morata up top, Hazard behind; 2 brand new brilliant wingers; 2 brand new brilliant full backs; and then a real partner for Kante. Easier said than done though. 5-6 XI-level players short.

I disagree. I think that the system we are playing so far is perfect for us(3-5-2) and IMO, we were absolutely not defensive, as a matter of fact, we should have won and comfortably, but we just couldn´t take our chances. I think we are 3 players short of having a top 5 starting eleven in the world. 2 WB´s( Sandro and a new RWB) and a midfielder in place of Baka( RLC if he develops as we are expecting him to).