Alex Sandro

iceboy

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I have no problem with spending big on the right target in a restrictive market, what I don't like is bending over for targets when the market shows there maybe be cheaper alternatives. Strikers, I'd bend over for... CB's, I'd bend over for... Wingers and fullbacks, I wouldn't because there is loads of good talent there... I would bend over for Sandro however.

Well if thats the case, then I dont know why we are even discussing this. I thought you believe we shouldnt pay over the odds for any player where the selling club would want ridiculous money.

Going by that, we both agree we should not bend to selling clubs for ridiculous fees, however when players are of exceptional quality, we should pay the price, like I mentioned in the begining :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Well if thats the case, then I dont know why we are even discussing this. I thought you believe we shouldnt pay over the odds for any player where the selling club would want ridiculous money.

Going by that, we both agree we should not bend to selling clubs for ridiculous fees, however when players are of exceptional quality, we should pay the price, like I mentioned in the begining :)

I stand by that, the club still have to evaluate the market to see if there is an option that is cheaper who addresses the same needs.

What I said is it depends on the market, strikers, CB's are bend over worthy in my opinion. Wingers, FB's not so much... Sandro happens to be a WB and I believe there is loads of talent in this position so the club shouldn't have to pay over the odds. I just want them to because I think Sandro is exquisite, they may see better value in the market though

If true and even if the bids are turned down, at least we know the club are serious about strengthening in a big way at the fullback positions. Surely someone of quality will be signed there.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Not going to happen unless we offer that money 60 million plus a player like Matic/Costa etc. 

Otherwise another Stones saga. 

Trades don't happen in real life.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Just give them the £58 we already offered or do some Matic deal.

If we can pull off this transfer, it will justify getting Bakayoko (another defensive midfielder beside kante) instead of a creative CM. 

Conte plans to be solid in midfield, win tackles and then create through the wings with better quality wingbacks like Sandro. Especially with lukaku upfront to eat up crosses instead of Costa who hates jumping. 

My only problem is why we are not going for Mendy instead, who we can secure faster and cheaper. 

5 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

If we can pull off this transfer, it will justify getting Bakayoko (another defensive midfielder beside kante) instead of a creative CM. 

Conte plans to be solid in midfield, win tackles and then create through the wings with better quality wingbacks like Sandro. Especially with lukaku upfront to eat up crosses instead of Costa who hates jumping. 

My only problem is why we are not going for Mendy instead, who we can secure faster and cheaper. 

I would be ok with that setup but that would require wingbacks that are supremely talented in the final third, and nothing less. Sandro/Mendy fill that bill, but I don't have confidence CFC will pull either one of them off.

That's why a CM that is better offensively/passing wise (like fuckin Tolisso) would have been ideal in-case the wingback situation is not properly addressed this summer. I have no confidence with an Alonso/Moses pairing, Bakayoko-Kante can break down the likes of West-Brom, Stoke, and other low-block teams. 

Also, isn't Mendy  already nailed on for City or no? Thought that was sealed and were just going to announce him later on, much like how Fabinho is only going to United if he decides to leave. 

2 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I would be ok with that setup but that would require wingbacks that are supremely talented in the final third, and nothing less. Sandro/Mendy fill that bill, but I don't have confidence CFC will pull either one of them off.

That's why a CM that is better offensively/passing wise (like fuckin Tolisso) would have been ideal in-case the wingback situation is not properly addressed this summer. I have no confidence with an Alonso/Moses pairing, Bakayoko-Kante can break down the likes of West-Brom, Stoke, and other low-block teams. 

Also, isn't Mendy  already nailed on for City or no? Thought that was sealed and were just going to announce him later on, much like how Fabinho is only going to United if he decides to leave. 

I don't know whether city are still in for Mendy, it seems to have stalled but anyways that is still an easier deal compared with trying to get Sandro from Juventus. 

A CM would have been great but maybe with Kante and Bakayoko shielding the middle and fabregas could slot in easily without exposing us. Especially since Bakayoko is far better at winning duels than Matic so a 3-5-2 could be on the cards. 

On 11/06/2017 at 1:09 PM, kellzfresh said:

Just hope we dont say at start of the season "wheres the creativity we have been needing for x years?"

There was alot of times building from the back last season where normally Luiz would get the ball upto Moses who will normally take it inside before a short pass or shot because of the weakness of his passes. Hes great at running at defenders keeping their back to goal and loosing footing but IF we are going to continue with 343 then we do need some creativity.

16 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Alex Sandro towards Chelsea. Juve open hunting Deputy: in the viewfinder Dalbert

I know shit from Italian, apart from "cazzo" obviously, but I just opened the news and understood it completely. The sense, the figures, the Chelsea in there, just a question, is La Repubblica reliable ?

Honestly, we should drop whatever it takes to have at least one elite wing-back. The axis of Hazard and Alex Sandro is the best in the world including both left and right side. We can get away with Kante and Bakayoko combo with such quality on the side.

Elite signing, therefore unlikely to happen.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You