Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

Never want to see him play LB for this club ever again. Always always always gets targeted. Always makes mistakes. Shouldn't even be near the squad unless we're thinking about playing with wingbacks. 

32 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

@King Kante

Still think he is "not a bad LB2"?

For the amount of stick you and others gave me, this really has not matured well, has it?

No, I still do not think he is a bad LB2. I take him for what he is. I accept days like today as I also know there are days when he pulls a Tottenham, Bornemouth or Newcastle. 

Further, I am glad you quoted me from the SR thread. I say this because, there I clearly outlined other areas we needed to upgrade before LB2 (which I still maintain) and that we wouldn't be able to sell the players you listed easily for fees. So, really that post has aged ok. 

Just now, King Kante said:

No, I still do not think he is a bad LB2. I take him for what he is. I accept days like today as I also know there are days when he pulls a Tottenham, Bornemouth or Newcastle. 

Days like today? Are you kidding. How many more points is he going to cost? I would take a half decent LB who does not win us the odd game, rather than alonso who ALWAYS screws up every time he takes the pitch.

Wba is going to be in relegation, the number of games that they score 2 goals, you could count on a hand, forget about 3.

Also what is alonso's massively famous goals? How many goals does he have compared to an average PL Lb?

He is shit. Anyone with half a brain can see it. Forget 15-20 games, he should never be taking the bloody pitch for us again. 

If he would score like 10 goals per season and maybe ship 5 or 6 (like Gosens e.g.)I would be like fair enough, alright squad player with decent offensive nous. But he scores every blue moon and ships a goal almost every game. Emerson is bang average at best but I can’t remember him being as shit as Alonso has been for quite some time now . Neither are good enough. Both should be gone. Really feel like a broken record having been saying this for ages now. We need another LB as I think Castillo and Maatsen are nothing special either

people keep saying against bottom half opposition Alonso is enough but he clearly is not. We won’t get away with him in games even vs shit sides. He simply doesn’t cut it at top level.

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Further, I am glad you quoted me from the SR thread. I say this because, there I clearly outlined other areas we needed to upgrade before LB2 (which I still maintain) and that we wouldn't be able to sell the players you listed easily for fees. So, really that post has aged ok. 

Actually we are not looking to sell. If we wanted to, we could at a cut price and balance our books to a degree. But with FFP monitoring period changing and 2019-20 and 2020-21 getting clubbed together, we are not in trouble. The hazard sale, luiz, kalas, aina, hector, lamptey etc really set us well ahead of the FFP limitations.

We don't NEED to sell to make it work for FFP.

Lastly, clearly, it's not. Lb has already cost us 2 points this season. If chilwell, gets a minor injury with 1 month out, that would be the difference between 70 or 80 point season. That would be the difference between a "decent progressive season" or a "don't see progress, get a sack" season. At the end of the day, you can't have a championship level player playing a decent amount of time without it costing you dearly. Alonso is shit, if he plays 15 PL games, we won't get top4.

5 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Hes not bad he's just not good enough lol 

He really is bad. Worse than bad. Just shocking. Completely useless in attack 90% of the time bc he has no pace to get past a player even with a head start, cant cross, cant dribble bc lack of pace just passes the ball backwards every time. cant win a tackle to save his life. he gets targeted by every oppositon even westbrom

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He really is bad. Worse than bad. Just shocking. Completely useless in attack 90% of the time bc he has no pace to get past a player even with a head start, cant cross, cant dribble bc lack of pace just passes the ball backwards every time. cant win a tackle to save his life. he gets targeted by every oppositon even westbrom

100% agreed but I guarantee you in any other league he thrives, just not here he needs to go 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Remember that moment in the first half when I believe it was one of the West Brom defenders (or midfielders) who knocked the ball past Alonso from some yards back and managed to run past him? That was so ugly to watch! 

I screamed about it in the match thread. A big, lumbering CB was about 10 yards behind him and Marcos had already started sprinting and he still ran past him with ease! Alonso looked like a 60 year old man in that instance. Shocking.