Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

4 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

He kept backing off. What was he covering? There was not a Liverpool player anywhere near him. The only one was Rudi. 

It's these little things that bettee.

What the fuck was he doing when he handed the ball to salah on the plate. That's goes in and it's over. Don't give me, "he gets unwarranted hate" and all.

Needs to be sold and another player along with kepa and jorginho who should never ever take the field for us again. 

Yet if he dived in and got beaten you'd also complain. Even more so because pace isnt his strength. The cross in was phenomenal tbf, right where any forward would want it. 

Again Jorginho was hardly bad, he was another who was okay tonight, ok he should of wiped out Robertson but again, you wouldn’t associate that sort of side of the game with any of our boys playing in MF. 

The overreaction of a game that was essentially done in the first half is astonishing. Even at 3-1 was far too much and meant they had us where they wanted us, simple as that. Pulisic not starting and playing a back 3 v that front 3 was a bad sign from before a ball was kicked. 

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yet if he dived in and got beaten you'd also complain. Even more so because pace isnt his strength. The cross in was phenomenal tbf, right where any forward would want it. 

Again Jorginho was hardly bad, he was another who was okay tonight, ok he should of wiped out Robertson but again, you wouldn’t associate that sort of side of the game with any of these boys playing in MF. The overreaction of a game that was essentially done in the first half is astonishing. Even at 3-1 was far too much and meant they had us where they wanted us, simple as that.

The cross was great, because the best crosser in world football was given time and space. How can you not see that. 

He did not need to dive in, he simply needed to oressurize TAa. It's not that hard.

Wtf. Are you kidding me. No the game was not done. 2 mistakes by 2 of our worst players cost us 2 goals. We could have gotten a draw. We coukd even have gotten a draw going for the 4th but the brain dead donkey that jorginho is, fucked up. It's not an overreaction, it's sonething which keeps happening again and again with these players.

The fact that you are defending Alonso is because of some very poor finishing by salah. Again, that goes in, we are fucked. 

James put in that cross which mount should have scored early on in the first half (header)

James played mount through (just off)

James plaued the ball to puli - just dragged wide.

So what exactly are we praising Alonso for? That he fucked up less than 5 times in a game?

Just now, Puliiszola said:

The cross was great, because the best crosser in world football was given time and space. How can you not see that. 

He did not need to dive in, he simply needed to oressurize TAa. It's not that hard.

Wtf. Are you kidding me. No the game was not done. 2 mistakes by 2 of our worst players cost us 2 goals. We could have gotten a draw. We coukd even have gotten a draw going for the 4th but the brain dead donkey that jorginho is, fucked up. It's not an overreaction, it's sonething which keeps happening again and again with these players.

The fact that you are defending Alonso is because of some very poor finishing by salah. Again, that goes in, we are fucked. 

James put in that cross which mount should have scored early on in the first half (header)

James played mount through (just off)

James plaued the ball to puli for the goal.

So what exactly are we praising Alonso for? That he fucked up less than 5 times in a game?

He played alright. Lets just agree to disagree. He isnt everyones cup of tea and I get it but this forum there are certain players who I do get arent great players but get a huge amount of flak or OTT comments because people are being rash in the heat of the moment. I mean he could have had 10 assists tonight and if we still lost 11-10 people would again throw him under the bus. Even that Salah chance, he missed fuck sake, I mean Salah is world class, Mane is world class, Firmino is world class but I feel that James and Alonso did not bad with the two wide men but I bet there will be praise for Reece and no acknowledgement of a half decent performance by Alonso against wingers who would tear better fullbacks to shreds. Not just average ones.

The game was basically done. 3-1 down, having to push even further up with one of the poorest defences in the top 10 of the league and attacking with the poorest conversion rate of big chances created - looking at it statistically - against the best counter attacking team in the world, it was pretty much done in my eyes. Thats why we have signed a better CF and goalscoring attacking midfielder and want defenders/improvement in defensive coaching. If it was Hazard and Costa uptop okay we would have a chance at 3-1 but it wasnt so I would say it was done. Also saying it wasnt done then using a offside chance as a indication as to why it wasnt done just makes no sense. I still fancy Liverpool could have went up another gear, I dont think they played as well as they have in other matches in spells of the game. 

Plus you also notice how for a period of the game between that goal we sat off a bit? It wasnt just Marcos sitting back closer to near the CB. It was a recurring theme for a while, we pressed, sat off in our shape, pressed, sat off again.

I will watch the game again tomorrow at somepoint if I can and probably still have the same opinion. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

He played alright. Lets just agree to disagree. He isnt everyones cup of tea and I get it but this forum there are certain players who I do get arent great players but get a huge amount of flak or OTT comments because people are being rash in the heat of the moment. I mean he could have had 10 assists tonight and if we still lost 11-10 people would again throw him under the bus. Even that Salah chance, he missed fuck sake, I mean Salah is world class, Mane is world class, Firmino is world class but I feel that James and Alonso did not bad with the two wide men but I bet there will be praise for Reece and no acknowledgement of a half decent performance by Alonso against wingers who would tear better fullbacks to shreds. Not just average ones.

The game was basically done. 3-1 down, having to push even further up with one of the poorest defences in the top 10 of the league and attacking with the poorest conversion rate of big chances created - looking at it statistically - against the best counter attacking team in the world, it was pretty much done in my eyes. Thats why we have signed a better CF and goalscoring attacking midfielder and want defenders/improvement in defensive coaching. If it was Hazard and Costa uptop okay we would have a chance at 3-1 but it wasnt so I would say it was done. Also saying it wasnt done then using a offside chance as a indication as to why it wasnt done just makes no sense. I still fancy Liverpool could have went up another gear, I dont think they played as well as they have in other matches in spells of the game. 

Plus you also notice how for a period of the game between that goal we sat off a bit? It wasnt just Marcos sitting back closer to near the CB. It was a recurring theme for a while, we pressed, sat off in our shape, pressed, sat off again.

I will watch the game again tomorrow at somepoint if I can and probably still have the same opinion. 

So I am supposed to be glad that a defender put in a "half decent performance", which included atleast 2 massive defensive fuck ups? Nah mate, not buying it. He was pathetic. 

Liverpool were ripping arsenal. It looked like another 5-1. Already a goal up, and then bam. So no, it was not over by a long shot. And our performance by the subbed in front 3 was indicative of that. All we needed to do was not gift them goals.

There is a difference in sitting and just letting the player have all the time and space from a crossable situation. We were not in pool's half that Alonso should simply have backed off of trent. I mean are we really arguing about closing down crosses from taa, because that would have been SFL's first instructions to James and Alonso - "their full backs are assis maciines, don't let them cross". Stop trying to make excuses. "Salah missed" . So? I should be greatfyl that our defenders leave us on the mercy of opposition strikers rather than doing their freaking job. What is this argument? The bugger cant defend, more often than not slows down our attack, can't cross. Just gets an odd goal here or there, and I sjould be happy. Sorry. Have not accepted mediocrity to this extent. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Even his offensive actions are overrated 

Oh I have said this for a long while. Most have woken up to him but still a bit of a myth that he’s a ‘great LWB just a terrible LB’ or ‘he’s great going forwards, it’s just his defence’. 

Some of the arguments I’ve had about this guy other the years..when I first piped up about how overrated I thought he was in Conte’s second season or maybe even towards the end of his first season, some of the replies would make you laugh.

Scores the odd FK and Twitter goes mad with his name.....absolute stealing a living this bloke, if he was in my under 15's side doing the shit he does he sits on his fucking arse most games.

Shite of the highest order.