John Terry

DavidEU

Well from my first year of law, which wasn't focusing on this area to an extent, I'd think that proximity and reasonability would fail Ferdinand's case. The Alcock precedent (Hillsborough disaster) supports that TV replays cannot be used too. I'm not too sure, but as it stands Terry doesn't seem to be guilty IMO but you don't know. I mean we know he isn't racist, some of his best friends like Cole, Drogba, SWP etc. would all support that. Nevertheless that wouldn't vindicate racial slurs, even with genuine malice or not.The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 and Public Order Act 1986 state their needs to be intent to stir up racial hatred though.

If Terry's found innocent he should sue him for defamation straight, the case is obvious, and the repercussions surrounding his England captaincy were severe.

Lip reader agrees that you cannot exclude the possibility that the words used were "a fucking black cunt"

So the lipreader concluded that JT said:"yeah, I" (missing word and obstruction), "you fucking black cunt"( then pause) "fucking knobhead".

zzzzzzzzzzzzznmfs ,g,fndgfdmg fdh mgh gm hg"yeah, I" (didn't call), "you a fucking black cunt"(you) "fucking knobhead".

Maybe?

I think the fact that it was confirmed that he called him after the game to clear things up, with Cole as a witness to Ferdinand's dismissal who then saw this vague footage afterwards as the basis of this litigation, could prove his innocence.

Knobhead, check out google images, you will understand.

What's funny tho is that you can clearly see that we are the best Chelsea forum on the net, as I recall our moderators calling Term X the same way. What an outstanding understanding.

I still dont understand why Knobhead is a term of endearment and Dickhead is considered offensive :halo:

I'm confused. It sounds like Terry admitted to saying black c*** but his defense is that he was trying to clear up Anton's accusation. But then Anton said that he never accused Terry which can only mean that Terry did in fact call him a black c***. If this is the case then looks like JT is guilty. I mean, JT confessed to saying black c***, regardless of context, looks like guilty to me.

Am I missing something?

I'm confused. It sounds like Terry admitted to saying black c*** but his defense is that he was trying to clear up Anton's accusation. But then Anton said that he never accused Terry which can only mean that Terry did in fact call him a black c***. If this is the case then looks like JT is guilty. I mean, JT confessed to saying black c***, regardless of context, looks like guilty to me.

Am I missing something?

It all seems confusing, he's acknowledged to saying it as a sarcastic exclamation. It's weird though because Ferdinand said he didn't hear him say anything at the time otherwise their would of been a 'fight'. But then why did JT call him up to clear the confusion after the game? We're all probably missing some details but it could show that in the heat of the moment, Ferdinand didn't actually take any particular offense to it as a racist abuse, which is what the translator also felt who had no knowledge of any details prior to arriving.

It all seems confusing, he's acknowledged to saying it as a sarcastic exclamation. It's weird though because Ferdinand said he didn't hear him say anything at the time otherwise their would of been a 'fight'. But then why did JT call him up to clear the confusion after the game? We're all probably missing some details but it could show that in the heat of the moment, Ferdinand didn't actually take any particular offense to it as a racist abuse, which is what the translator also felt who had no knowledge of any details prior to arriving.

Then why the fuck did Anton acused him anyway? Why the fuck is there trial atm?

Yeah so if Anton never initially accused Terry of calling him a black c*** then Terry has no case when he says he was just trying to clear up the accusation. Sounds like he'll be found guilty.

Then why the fuck did Anton acused him anyway? Why the fuck is there trial atm?

Anton accused him after seeing the video after the match. He never heard it during the match so nothing happened.

But that also confirmed that Anton never accused him during the match which lays waste to Terry's defence that he said that statement during the match trying to clear up the accusation that Anton made towards him, which never happened so which means Terry said "black c***" as a racist remark and not as part of a sentence trying to clear up Anton's accusation.

Anton accused him after seeing the video after the match. He never heard it during the match so nothing happened.

But that also confirmed that Anton never accused him during the match which lays waste to Terry's defence that he said that statement during the match trying to clear up the accusation that Anton made towards him, which never happened so which means Terry said "black c***" as a racist remark and not as part of a sentence trying to clear up Anton's accusation.

But apparently terry met ferdinand afterwards with ashley cole to clear it up. Ferdinand has denied this apparently but cole is backing terry up. Trying to clear it up after the game is surely a basis to support terry's argument for what he said on the pitch?

Yeah so if Anton never initially accused Terry of calling him a black c*** then Terry has no case when he says he was just trying to clear up the accusation. Sounds like he'll be found guilty.

He's using footage in hindsight going as far as to say their would've been a fight if heard it at the time, and even when the lawyers said are you sure, he said yes. But John Terry's saying it was a sarcastic exclamation, and the fact he called him after the game to clear up confusion shows that John Terry was equally confused. I don't think he's using the clearing up as the sole defense their are still factors as to whether what he said amounts to a racial slur.

The QC also suggested that Mr Ferdinand had made up the allegation of racism as swearing at him and talking about his alleged affair was not having "the desired effect" of winding Mr Terry up.

But apparently terry met ferdinand afterwards with ashley cole to clear it up. Ferdinand has denied this apparently but cole is backing terry up. Trying to clear it up after the game is surely a basis to support terry's argument for what he said on the pitch?

No Anton didn't deny the after match meeting. He agreed with everything Terry said about the after-match meeting. But at that point he hadn't seen the youtube video. Anton confirmed he never heard anything racist or accused Terry of anything racist until he saw the youtube video AFTER the match.

Terry's whole defence is that Anton accused him of calling him a "black c***" but then Anton says he never did and moreover the after match meeting kind of confirms that Anton never accused Terry during the match. So then looking at the video and Terry's confession that he did say those words pretty much seals it that he'll be found guilty imo.

Of course I don't claim to know the law, so maybe there are loopholes or something but just by reading what happened, I don't see what case Terry has.

This is fucking riddiculous case.