John Terry

DavidEU

He's using footage in hindsight going as far as to say their would've been a fight if heard it at the time, and even when the lawyers said are you sure, he said yes. But John Terry's saying it was a sarcastic exclamation, and the fact he called him after the game to clear up confusion shows that John Terry was equally confused.I don't think he's using the clearing up as a defense but whether what he said amounts to a racial slur.

He is using up the clearing up as his defense. That is his defense. He's saying he REPEATED it cause Anton accused him. Anton denies accusing him, which seems pretty clear and legit.

So if Terry was the first one to use those words, which looks like he was, then it's a racist remark. Regardless of what he meant by it, it's a racist remark.

He is using up the clearing up as his defense. That is his defense. He's saying he REPEATED it cause Anton accused him. Anton denies accusing him, which seems pretty clear and legit.

So if Terry was the first one to use those words, which looks like he was, then it's a racist remark. Regardless of what he meant by it, it's a racist remark.

If it was as straight forward as that, it would be over.

The QC also suggested that Mr Ferdinand had made up the allegation of racism as swearing at him and talking about his alleged affair was not having "the desired effect" of winding Mr Terry up.

I don't think it's been affirmed that Ferdinand did not bring it up yet, but it seems as though he didn't directly to JT .It looks like he could of used it as a response to Anton's jibes, but as mentioned, whether it could qualify as a racial slur is another factor:

'We're still having a, sort of, ding-dong, if you like. That's when, as I said before, he said "black c***"... Now clearly, as I said before, I don't think he's calling me a black c***,"

This bit's important:

Terry met Ferdinand to ask what had happened. 'Mr Terry said "Do you think I racially abused you?" I was like "No",' Ferdinand told the court.

'I said "No, that never came out of my mouth". Then Ashley Cole popped his head round and said "Yeah, didn't you say that to me?" I said "I didn't say that at all".' He agreed it was just 'handbags', and 'banter', the court heard.

So basically Cole told Terry that Ferdinand told him he said something racist and Terry wanted to clear that up after the game. Why would Ashley Cole lie about Ferdinand saying "Terry said something racist to me(or whatever)"? Defence also suggested that Ferdinand account of Ashley Cole conversation in FA statement does not match his evidence in court. The timing of the footage in the game could help, anybody know how far apart the alleged remarks were to the clashes?

Basically JT will be found innocent :D

Sure?

ENGLAND footballer John Terry called Anton Ferdinand a racist obscenity in response to taunts about his alleged affair with a team-mate’s ex-girlfriend, a court heard today.

http://www.thesun.co...sm-charges.html

"F****** black c***": What John Terry called Anton Ferdinand over affair taunts, court told

http://www.mirror.co...sport/football/

The QC also suggested that Mr Ferdinand had made up the allegation of racism as swearing at him and talking about his alleged affair was not having "the desired effect" of winding Mr Terry up.

I don't think it's been affirmed that Ferdinand did not bring it up yet.

Yeah I read that. Anton denied it. And since there is no evidence, it holds no merit. It could be true, but it can't be proven and won't help Terry at all. Just seemed like a question a lawyer would ask just to hear the answer to see if they can clutch at straws. But since Anton just straight up denies it, it's done and dusted right away imo.

This bit's important:

Terry met Ferdinand to ask what had happened. 'Mr Terry said "Do you think I racially abused you?" I was like "No",' Ferdinand told the court.

'I said "No, that never came out of my mouth". Then Ashley Cole popped his head round and said "Yeah, didn't you say that to me?" I said "I didn't say that at all".' He agreed it was just 'handbags', and 'banter', the court heard.

So basically Cole told Terry that Ferdinand told him he said something racist and Terry wanted to clear that up after the game. Why would Ashley Cole lie about Ferdinand saying "Terry said something racist to me(or whatever)"? Defence also suggested that Ferdinand account of Ashley Cole conversation in FA statement does not match his evidence in court. The timing of the footage in the game could help, anybody know how far apart the alleged remarks were to the clashes?

The only problem with the Ashley Cole bit is that he's not allowed to testify. So not sure how his part will be taken into account, if at all.

The only problem with the Ashley Cole bit is that he's not allowed to testify. So not sure how his part will be taken into account, if at all.

I'm sure Amicus Curiae briefings (people who aren't parties to the case can give statements, or offer information) will be in place.

Chelsea are not gonna take armband of JT. That would be utterly disgraceful, and i would stand outside the ground protesting.

ONE CHELSEA CAPTAIN, THERES ONLY ONE CHELSEA CAPTAIN, ONE CHELSEA CAPTAIN, THERES ONLY ONE CHELSEA CAPTAIN!!!!! And england but thats another matter.

If he's innocent, big lol to the FA and then JT should demand a public apology from the FA and get his arm band back :P (doubt that) . All this because of a youtube video. What a sham.

If he is found innocent (doubt it) both he and Chelsea should get some sort of compensation from Ferdinand.

If he is found innocent, he has a very strong case against Ferdinand for defamation. Especially considering it cost him England captaincy, that's a big deal.

I'm sure Amicus Curiae briefings (people who aren't parties to the case can give statements, or offer information) will be in place.

Hmm..didn't know of such a thing. That's cool to know. That does make it interesting then, cause not sure in that case there is enough damning evidence to convict Terry.