John Terry

DavidEU

3 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Yet everyone has forgotten Rio Ferdinand's racist tweet directed at Ashley Cole.  

article-2173750-1410C65D000005DC-779_634

As far as media is concerned we are THE most hated club for them, the bias is clear as day. As I said if JT was a pool legend they would suck him off at every corner.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

As far as media is concerned we are THE most hated club for them, the bias is clear as day. As I said if JT was a pool legend they would suck him off at every corner.

To be fair, Terry didn´t exactly cover himself in glory for most of his career when it comes to off pitch behaviour , so he was an easy target for the media. 

2 minutes ago, Beigl said:

To be fair, Terry didn´t exactly cover himself in glory for most of his career when it comes to off pitch behaviour , so he was an easy target for the media. 

Its nothing compared to what the likes of Giggs etc have done, yet he gets much much more stick for it.

Its nothing compared to what the likes of Giggs etc have done, yet he gets much much more stick for it.
JT is english, while Giggs is from Wales. Also, JT was once father of the year and after that, he did a lot of bad stuff outside the pitch.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

JT is english, while Giggs is from Wales. Also, JT was once father of the year and after that, he did a lot of bad stuff outside the pitch.

Has nothing to do with it imo, Ferdinand is Eng and his choc ice comment was swept under the carpet

Has nothing to do with it imo, Ferdinand is Eng and his choc ice comment was swept under the carpet
White people often times get criticised more than black people for racism.
Bernardo Silva made a racist joke with his best friend Mendy and English media made a inferno out of it. It was just a stupid joke. Ferdinand made a racist joke and it was not that big of a deal compared to Bernardo

Just now, killer1257 said:

White people often times get criticised more than black people for racism.
Bernardo Silva made a racist joke with his best friend Mendy and English media made a inferno out of it. It was just a stupid joke. Ferdinand made a racist joke and it was not that big of a deal compared to Bernardo

Yes I agree, but choc ice is not a stupid joke when you mean it, which he did. No matter what mate Chels will always have it up the ars, or as long as RA is here anyway.

• 5 months later...

cc @Tomo

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/john-terry-Chelsea-fc-tottenham-job-b936648.html

“My ambition is very, very clear,” he told the newspaper. “There’s an end goal for me and that’s managing Chelsea Football Club. My team will be winning — hopefully — very honest, very organised, very well drilled, very well prepared and with a back four.

“I look at Lamps [Frank Lampard] and Stevie [Gerrard] and the success they’ve both had. Lamps in his first season at Chelsea, and what Stevie’s done up at Rangers is unbelievable. l probably wasn’t ready to go into coaching then. I am now. But I’m not just going to jump into anything. I’ve turned down two jobs since I’ve been here.

“Decent-sized clubs. But it’s going to take something special for me to leave here. I’ve got one more year left at Villa. I’m in a privileged position because I’m in no rush. I want to be a No 1 but I’ll get there at some point.”

• 5 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, milka said:

I expect soon Terry to take a club from PL  and one day ....... you know 🙃

Palace? Only issue I see JT having is his run in with Anton Ferdinand. Anyone who employs him as a manager will be accuse of supporting a racist. Being a defensive coach/No.2 is one thing, being manager is another. 

Edited by King Kante

On 22/06/2021 at 23:20, King Kante said:

Palace? Only issue I see JT having is his run in with Anton Ferdinand. Anyone who employs him as a manager will be accuse of supporting a racist. Being a defensive coach/No.2 is one thing, being manager is another. 

The whole incident was 9 or 10 years ago and it hardly stopped him getting to a reputable club like Villa as a number 2 so I am extremely doubtful it will affect him getting a job as a manager. 

Plus there was the incident in 2001 re 9/11, then him, Jody and somebody else involved in an incident regarding a bouncer at a nightclub, the Wayne Bridge’s ex stuff etc amongst other shit throughout his career but I really don’t think he will have any problems with any of this stuff re getting a job as a football manager when he wants to go that way. His career as a player will help him as well getting in somewhere undoubtedly.

Obviously it doesn’t reflect well on him as a person but at the same time I don’t think its exactly going to be top of the list when people appoint football managers. If he’s a good coach/manager, he will get a job somewhere. A lot of managers have done stuff to a lesser extent or have issues that makes them questionable appointments one way or another, but they still end up with jobs.

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

The whole incident was 9 or 10 years ago and it hardly stopped him getting to a reputable club like Villa as a number 2 so I am extremely doubtful it will affect him getting a job as a manager. 

Plus there was the incident in 2001 re 9/11, then him, Jody and somebody else involved in an incident regarding a bouncer at a nightclub, the Wayne Bridge’s ex stuff etc amongst other shit throughout his career but I really don’t think he will have any problems with any of this stuff re getting a job as a football manager when he wants to go that way. His career as a player will help him as well getting in somewhere undoubtedly.

Obviously it doesn’t reflect well on him as a person but at the same time I don’t think its exactly going to be top of the list when people appoint football managers. If he’s a good coach/manager, he will get a job somewhere. A lot of managers have done stuff to a lesser extent or have issues that makes them questionable appointments one way or another, but they still end up with jobs.

You have seen how people have stuff they posted as 13-15 years olds held against them 10 years later right? Personally, I hope you're right, but I see a lot of people going mad if he gets a managers job. 

43 minutes ago, King Kante said:

You have seen how people have stuff they posted as 13-15 years olds held against them 10 years later right? Personally, I hope you're right, but I see a lot of people going mad if he gets a managers job. 

I know but whilst a lot of them things are now seen as wrong (and in most cases wrong at the time also), at the time they probably weren’t seen as badly as they were because there isn’t this ‘cancelled/cancelling culture’ as you may call it. 

I mean the folk who dig these things up on folk. Why now? Why not 10-15 years ago when they originally tweeted/posted it or did the thing or whatever? If they were on the go then and didn’t do anything about it/weren’t offended by it, its even more moronic that they dig these things up. Their part of the problem as opposed to the solution. Also its an alien concept for some people that people change in 10-15 years. 

This is why I have severe worries about Millennials as we are probably the first group who have got really really involved with this ‘cancelled culture’ bullshit and it is/will continue to get even worse 🤣 I get theres wrong and there’s wrong (no relation to what Terrys done more just a generalisation of stuff now a days) but there is the tongue in cheek stuff that may occur (for instance certain comedians toeing the line) but so many people are so offended. And they are intentionally offended because they can be offended as opposed to being actually offended. Its almost fashionable to be a fud these days and get offended at next to nothing. 

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I know but whilst a lot of them things are now seen as wrong (and in most cases wrong at the time also), at the time they probably weren’t seen as badly as they were because there isn’t this ‘cancelled/cancelling culture’ as you may call it. 

I mean the folk who dig these things up on folk. Why now? Why not 10-15 years ago when they originally tweeted/posted it or did the thing or whatever? If they were on the go then and didn’t do anything about it/weren’t offended by it, its even more moronic that they dig these things up. Their part of the problem as opposed to the solution. Also its an alien concept for some people that people change in 10-15 years. 

This is why I have severe worries about Millennials as we are probably the first group who have got really really involved with this ‘cancelled culture’ bullshit and it is/will continue to get even worse 🤣 I get theres wrong and there’s wrong (no relation to what Terrys done more just a generalisation of stuff now a days) but there is the tongue in cheek stuff that may occur (for instance certain comedians toeing the line) but so many people are so offended. And they are intentionally offended because they can be offended as opposed to being actually offended. Its almost fashionable to be a fud these days and get offended at next to nothing. 

Completely agree, however I fully expect the pitchforks to come out for him if he gets a managers job. Maybe, I am just cynical, but I suspect a lot of teams will shy away from him over fears it will all kick off if he is made manager. I suspect that is part of the reason he has kept his head down and gone for the full monty qualification. 

Edited by King Kante

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Anyone see his latest Instagram post?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRR8PMNME-i/

22661ca82550dc0250d821f0b2e0bdd5.png

Verified

Shocking & Disgusting what these three young men have had to go through.
@marcusrashford A young man who has single handedly helped feed the people of our country when the government failed.
Doing things for both @manchesterunited & @england that is exceptional both on and off the pitch.
@bukayosaka87 At 19 years old, this young man has set the Euros alight with his performances and playing with no fear at the highest level.
@sanchooo10 an excellent young talent and the future of our @england Team.
We all stand with you boys, hold your heads high because you have done our country proud and made us all believe it was possible.
Thank You! You are ALL HEROES 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Edited by Vesper