John Terry

DavidEU

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Get him in the coaching team here in some capacity, I know he has minimal coaching badges but it would be a mistake for somebody with as much in game experience as JT to go into being a pundit. He'd be wasted there.

He could come in coaching the youth team on a part time basis for a season and split it with media work like lampard done and then decide which his long term preference would be.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not feeling JTs career moves right now,

Birmingham Live report that John Terry has made his next move after leaving Aston Villa - a pundit for Egyptian TV.

The former Villa and Chelsea skipper has been hired as an analyst to discuss Egyptian super team Pyramids FC.

The team has been bought by Turki Al Alshaikh, he has renamed the club from Al Assiouty and bought the TV rights for the Egyptian League.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I'm not feeling JTs career moves right now,

Birmingham Live report that John Terry has made his next move after leaving Aston Villa - a pundit for Egyptian TV.

The former Villa and Chelsea skipper has been hired as an analyst to discuss Egyptian super team Pyramids FC.

The team has been bought by Turki Al Alshaikh, he has renamed the club from Al Assiouty and bought the TV rights for the Egyptian League.

36794612_435204376883034_358091145957343thumb2-pyramids-fc-4k-geometric-art-logo

The stadium is empty because there is a ban (just lifted) across Egypt for no audience, due to violence.

Egypt to lift ban on attending football matches, six years after Port Said stadium disaster

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/egypt-to-lift-ban-on-attending-football-matches-six-years-after-port-said-stadium-disaster-1.760388

• 3 weeks later...

JOHN TERRY EXCLUSIVE: 'I'm not ready to retire yet... I still have plenty left in the tank' - Chelsea legend opens up on future plans, learning from Jose Mourinho and 'brilliant' Ray Wilkins

erry had thought about retiring from football but admits he is not ready yet

If a move back into the game fails, Terry has options to coach or become a pundit

Terry collected notes and coaching manuals from Jose Mourinho's sessions

He hails the impact both Ray Wilkins and Gianfranco Zola have had on his career

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6144031/JOHN-TERRY-EXCLUSIVE-Im-not-ready-retire-plenty-left-tank.html

John Terry confirms he has turned down Spartak Moscow move

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/john-terry-confirms-he-has-turned-down-spartak-moscow-move-a3934451.html

Former Chelsea defender John Terry has turned down a move to Russian Super League outfit Spartak Moscow.

The 37-year-old is currently a free agent after leaving Aston Villa at the end of last season where he started 32 Championship matches after being handed the captain’s armband by manager Steve Bruce.

The ex-England international was expected to sign a one-year contract - believed to be worth £3 million-a-year - with the Russian club after undergoing a medical in Rome.

However, in an Instagram post, Terry confirmed the deal was off and revealed family reasons were behind his decision to snub the move to Moscow.

snip

I think the political situation got to him:(

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Don't think so. He mentioned family reasons... I mean who wants to live in Russia anyway?

well, as long as he doesnt join a premier league club its ok, he even said before that he didnt want it as he doesnt want to play against us, a free agent Terry regardless of his age is a steal in my book because of his experience and reading of the game as a defender.

5 hours ago, manpe said:

Don't think so. He mentioned family reasons... I mean who wants to live in Russia anyway?

The family feeling the political environment (the yank/UK Russssssssia!! hysteria bollocks) is so unstable and not wanting the risk is what I meant.

• 3 weeks later...

John Terry 'to return to Chelsea as Under 23 boss on £800,000-a-year deal'

Terry will replace Jody Morris who has left to join former Blues midfielder Frank Lampard's Derby

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-terry-to-return-chelsea-13334371

NOTE :: EVERY media reports that The Sun reports this yet if you check the link that reoport has been removed for 'Legal Reasons' so make of this as you will!

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

John Terry 'to return to Chelsea as Under 23 boss on £800,000-a-year deal'

Terry will replace Jody Morris who has left to join former Blues midfielder Frank Lampard's Derby

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-terry-to-return-chelsea-13334371

NOTE :: EVERY media reports that The Sun reports this yet if you check the link that reoport has been removed for 'Legal Reasons' so make of this as you will!

Reports: John Terry set to return to Chelsea in a new role

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/breaking-news-john-terry-set-to-return-to-chelsea-in-a-new-role?key=newsnow

What's the News?

Chelsea's Captain, Leader and Legend - John Terry is about to return to Stamford Bridge as Chelsea's academy coach, after being approached by Manager Maurizio Sarri, as per reports from The Metro.

The 37 year old English defender last featured for Aston Villa in the Championship where his contract ended this summer, following which he was linked to a move to Russia, but the deal collapsed after Terry changed his mind.

The Chelsea ex-captain would be all set to hang up his boots now, but not is association with football, and especially his boyhood club, Chelsea.

In case you didn't know...

Further reports from The Sun claim that Terry has already accepted an Under-23 coaching contract with Chelsea worth £800,000-a-year. The Under-23 Coaching position was vacated after Terry's ex-teammate Jody Morris quit the job to join Frank Lampard at Derby County as Assistant Manager.

The Chelsea duo of Lampard and Morris have had a brilliant start to their season with Derby County, having eliminated Manchester United in a shocking win at Old Trafford last week in the Carabao Cup.

Derby County are currently on the 9th position in the Championship, with 16 points from 10 games played.

The heart of the matter

Terry's new coaching job at Chelsea's Academy was backed by Manager Maurizio Sarri, and the Italian boss has been reported to be among the few decision makers in bringing Terry back home, to Stamford Bridge.

Speaking earlier in September, he was asked if he would welcome Terry back, Sarri said,

"Yes, of course, but the last time I spoke with him, a week ago, he told me he wants to play for another season. But I don’t know the situation now. Chelsea is his home, of course. For sure, he would be a point of reference for me. For everybody here, I think. His presence alone [would be].
"This is John Terry’s home. ‘It’s up to him. I am very open with him because he is the history of the club. He has won everything with the club, so it’s up to him. But I don’t know [if it is possible]. He told me a lot of things, that he wants to play, so I’d have to speak to him again."
snip

John Terry in Spartak Moscow u-turn? Chelsea legend poses with fans at Otkritie Arena

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-terry-spartak-moscow-u-13338242

John Terry was set for a shock move to Spartak Moscow three weeks ago.

But the Chelsea legend elected NOT to move to the Russian capital, having decided not to uproot his family.

However, two days after being in Paris for the opening day of the Ryder Cup, the former England captain finally made his way to Moscow.

On Sunday evening Terry appeared at the Otkrytiye Arena as he watched the Russian champions take on Rostov in their Premier League encounter.

Terry, 37, posed for photographs with supporters outside the ground, offering fans a sense of what might have been.

0_John-Terry-at-Spartak-Moscow-game.jpg0_John-Terry-at-Spartak-Moscow-game.jpg

However, if Terry was pondering another change of mind and a potential switch to Spartak, then he may have soon changed back after events on the field.

snip