John Terry

DavidEU

Awesome story that was taken from Talkchelsea :D (It says so at the end of the article) It was actually one of our members that translated it in the first place, but it's great to see it published.

Whoops!

Missed that :D

• 3 weeks later...

What he did today is absolutely unforgivable, should be stripped of the captaincy. He almost cost us the final (no one would have predicted it then). His behaviour cost him appearance in Munich, in the final he desperately wanted to win for us.

Terry later told Sky Sports that he should not have been sent off. When told that he appeared to knee Sanchez, Terry replied: 'I would not do that.'

When he was later interviewed in front of the cameras, he admitted his guilt saying: 'Sanchez was darting in behind me. I've seen the replay and it does look bad.

'I'm not that type of player to intentionally hurt anyone. I've raised my knee, which I maybe shouldn't have done in hindsight. But hopefully people who know me as a person, as a player... I'm not that type of player.

'I'm disappointed but delighted for the lads. To come here and play the way they did and get the result they did with 10 men... I feel I've let them down. I've apologised to them and I want to apologise to the fans as well.

'At the time, I was bewildered because I was trying to protect myself a little bit, but looking at it on the replay, I've no complaints. I've let the lads down. They've performed brilliantly, so hopefully this doesn't take it away from the players.

This is what this football club deserves. We deserve to be in the Champions League final. The boys were excellent and I hope the incident doesn't take away from how hard they worked.'

You fucked this up, no doubt about that.

Just glad the decison cost him and no the entire team!Uncalled for and completly stupid..and so random.Did he forget there are extra linesmen or something cause seriously...no one else to blame for missing the final..real moment of madness and just glad we didnt go out cause of it

Bitterly disappointed in him. After Cahill went off, he had so much responsibility at the back. He already has so much on his shoulders as a captain. What a brainless thing to do.

He's got away with murder because the other 13 players put in a Herculean effort.

For this, he doesn't deserve the place in the final. Lampard will be much more of a leader and I seriously can't wait to see him with the armband in the Champions League Final. Him lifting the trophy would bring waterfall of tears to my eyes.

Very disappointed by his action. Sanchez may have made a meal out of it but he shouldn't be doing that against Barcelona knowing their play-acting theatrics and all!

Because of that, he will now miss the final where I think he will be sorely missed. We have often looked lost a bit in recent times when he's not playing.

Even more of an issue with Ivanovic suspended - so fucking stupid!

Cahill and David Luiz need wrapping in cotton wool. But providing both are going to be fit (and I don't see any reason why they can't - Luiz apparently nearly made tonight's game and Cahill played on for another few minutes), we still have a very good centre back pairing. Maybe they can come of age in the final, with a partnership next season Terry may struggle to dislodge. It'll be Ramires we miss the most in the final!

This may be the beginning of the end for Terry. If he gets found guilty in the summer for racial abuse will the club stand by him again. I'm not so sure.

What he has done in this CL campaign and since hes been captain, is instill a spirit in the team that is worth an extra man in itself.

Fergusons Cup Winning Aberdeen squad always said that it was the 'spirit' that won them the title , even though they were mediocre players

What's done is done, thank heavens it didn't cost us the match. His punishment (of missing the final) is enough, no need to strip him of captaincy and such. I was just as furious as everyone, but it'll be heartbreaking enough for him not to avenge the 2008 demons on May 19th. We should take solace that the squad can still retain spirit even when the embodiment of that isn't with them.

I'm also glad he issued that apology.