The Conte Thread

I really like Conte as a human being but that's as far as it goes now. I'm not going to turn on him for not getting us in ghe top four because he did win the league in his first season and he could possibly win the FA Cup in his second. Despite the possibility of two major triumphs within two seasons, I don't like the way we play under him. I am desperate for Sarri to come in now. It's time we as fans were spoiled by sexy football at The Bridge.

I really just don't care anymore. Win the FA cup, or don't. Get UCL place, or don't. Conte stay or go, I don't care. I guess I am 55% for him staying, but that's it.

We are train wreck. From board, to players, and now even to coach. No harmony, no sustainable development. I don't want UCL finish and fuckin cup to cover our problems, we need to fail like this. We need to get what we deserve.

Just shut this season down.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

I really like Conte as a human being but that's as far as it goes now. I'm not going to turn on him for not getting us in ghe top four because he did win the league in his first season and he could possibly win the FA Cup in his second. Despite the possibility of two major triumphs within two seasons, I don't like the way we play under him. I am desperate for Sarri to come in now. It's time we as fans were spoiled by sexy football at The Bridge.

that's the spirit mate.... I can even forfeit CL football to play attacking attractive football if it will allow the squad to master the artistic styles of play... I m just tired of pragmatic football ..This is 2018 ffs not 2007...

3 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

that's the spirit mate.... I can even forfeit CL football to play attacking attractive football if it will allow the squad to master the artistic styles of play... I m just tired of pragmatic football ..This is 2018 ffs not 2007...

There really is no excuse to why we can't get Sarri in now. We have a solid base to work from. Roman needs to get his transfer team working at full compacity this summer and bring in the right players to fit Sarris style. If they get it right on one summer, the future could be extremely fruitful. Not having CL could actually be a blessing in disguise as it would allow the manager to concentrate on implimenting his philosphy. Shame we will have to play Thursday nights.

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

There really is no excuse to why we can't get Sarri in now. We have a solid base to work from. Roman needs to get his transfer team working at full compacity this summer and bring in the right players to fit Sarris style. If they get it right on one summer, the future could be extremely fruitful. Not having CL could actually be a blessing in disguise as it would allow the manager to concentrate on implimenting his philosphy. Shame we will have to play Thursday nights.

throw in kids for the Thursday affair and concentrate on the league... in as much proper mastery of the style of play will be implemented... 

9 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

throw in kids for the Thursday affair and concentrate on the league... in as much proper mastery of the style of play will be implemented... 

I get your point about concentrating on the league but we can't exactly throw away the Europa League either, unless we somehow run away with the league. It's our back-up of getting into the Champions League.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Whilst I agree that it wasn't the time to make so many changes to the starting XI, it also puts into perspective just how poor the overall quality within our squad is that we can't make a few changes and beat Huddersfield at home.

Zappacosta, Pedro, Willian and Morata were brought into the side - that is about £150m we've spent to bring these players to the club. 

I agree with the consensus that Conte's era has run its course but changing the manager is just the tip of the iceberg at the moment.

Yeah, I mentioned this in another thread, squad needs seriously looking at.

Buy mediocre players, qualify for mediocre competitions.

A defeat to Burnley 1st game and squashed in amongst all that a really shit season ended with a final home game draw against Huddersfield really says it all.

33 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Yeah, I mentioned this in another thread, squad needs seriously looking at.

Buy mediocre players, qualify for mediocre competitions.

A defeat to Burnley 1st game and squashed in amongst all that a really shit season ended with a final home game draw against Huddersfield really says it all.

Agreed. Our away form hasn't been champions standard, but should have at least been good enough for top 4 if our home form held up to it's usual standards.

We've dropped 20 points at home this season, over a third of the possible points played for, and managed 30 goals in 19 home games. It's just not been good enough and highlights our struggles at being able to break teams down; and then when we do break them down, to kill them off.

Didm't know where else to post this disgusting load of crap! Fuckin ref needed castrating IMO.

FA charge Chelsea, again ducking their accountability for officiating failures

https://theprideoflondon.com/2018/05/11/chelsea-premier-league-officiating/