The Conte Thread

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He's not wrong. The biggest problem is that we had a player last season that was a 20 goal a season striker and Conte didn't want him.

He's not wrong but Conte himself isn't blameless. Who's the one constantly plays down the squad quality, demoralizes the players? Who's the one always sets the team up so defensively, even when facing a defeat? Who's the one decided to play False 9 in games when we have a striker available? 

Plus, it's worth noting that only TWO players have scored more than 20 goals per season and only TWICE that has happened under Conte - Tevez for Juventus in 2013/14 and Costa for us last season. Sure, we should be more clinical with our chances but Conte himself should also look at his own pragmatic, defensive tactics that's holding the team back from doing more offensively.

After the relatively positive football against Southampton, he reverted back to type against Swansea. Pathetic. If we play like we did against Swansea, if we play like that against Liverpool we'll get blown off the pitch

33 minutes ago, Mana said:

By next weekend, all our PL records will be broken. I hate City :(

and all broken in one season, man fuck City :middlefinger:, i know it hurts, but they are simply better than everyone in the league at the moment, it just shows how shit the other rivals have been this season.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes. I highly doubt that will ever be broken.

i hope so, man how times have changed, that 2004/2005 season will long live in my memory: Cech, Cudicini, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Huth, Gallas, Bridge, Makelele, Lampard, Tiago, Smertin, Gudjohnsen, Duff,  Robben, Joe Cole, Drogba :clap:what a fucking team back then, im so happy to have witnessed it

4 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

Great strikers are hard to find these days. I think we should upgrade Willian and Pedro, that's easier to do than finding another Kane.

Hes only scored 6 this season.

I loved the guy but we dont know what went on behind closed doors. Hes obviously a headstrong,diva like,strange character. And he  didn't just have 1 meltdown did he. And he wasn't a goal machine. He went many weeks between goals without counting the injury. Have to remember how some here were moaning about him. I'd have kicked his arse too if I was Conte.

6 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Has everyone forgotten how Costa tried to force a move during January??? People talking like Costa banged in 20 goals and then Conte said fuck off.

Given the transfer ban at Leti, it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could have had him for one final season.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Given the transfer ban at Leti, it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could have had him for one final season.

One season or half a season? Their transfer ban ended in January.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Hes only scored 6 this season.

There are a few reasons why he scored only 6 goals this season.

1. He's playing only from January.
2. He's not a lone forward and also not a main source of goals in Simeone' team. Just look how hugely Griezmann benefited from Costa' partnership: 13 goals in 29 games without him and 14 goals in 15 games with him.

Still, Costa score/assist every 128.6 minutes this season after more than 7 months without playing. He would have scored ~20 goals this season again if he stayed here. We create chances but can't finish them.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:54 AM, Polo7 said:

Has everyone forgotten how Costa tried to force a move during January??? People talking like Costa banged in 20 goals and then Conte said fuck off.

Wait....isn't that exactly what happened?

haven't forgotten what happened in Jan though

Dare to say he got the tactics spot on against pool? They couldn't get a sniff, and stopping Salah these days is like stopping Messi himself. One of the grittiest performances of this season, well organized and drawn up to win.

I'm annoyed because we should not have been here. 

He spend a lot of time with his shenanigans that we was not in it. 

And to get to two games with a slim hope of top 4 is really annoying because we should have not been like that. Gave away too many silly points. 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Dare to say he got the tactics spot on against pool? They couldn't get a sniff, and stopping Salah these days is like stopping Messi himself. One of the grittiest performances of this season, well organized and drawn up to win.

Conte's approach on Sunday wasn't too different to the one we saw against Barcelona or Spurs. Only difference is, no one screwed things up defensively. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I'm annoyed because we should not have been here. 

He spend a lot of time with his shenanigans that we was not in it. 

And to get to two games with a slim hope of top 4 is really annoying because we should have not been like that. Gave away too many silly points. 

This. Conte credited the players yesterday for making the "mission impossible" of finishing in the top 4 possible after yesterday's win, which is BS from him on so many levels. We were sitting comfortably in the top 4 going into 2018 before going AWOL for 3 months and Conte did nothing to stop the rot earlier. He's now making it as if we have been outside looking in all season and are now trying to sneak into the CL spots in the final week. :rant:

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

going into 2018

In January Liverpool got Van Dijk, City got Laporte, United got Sanchez and Conte got 3 injured players.

Conte is not blameless but I am not as surprised as some people that he lost his motivation in January 2018.