The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Yeah, 15-16 was much worse. Can't believe people don't remember how bad we were, like twice as bad as now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Exactly. Cannot think of 1 memorable performance from that season besides the 2-2 vs Spurs which isn't all that great because we still conceded 2 goals.

This season there has been some good and memorable matches despite all the embarrassing ones.

10 hours ago, Mana said:

I agree. While we played slightly better football this season and may finish 5th/6th, no match in 15/16 scarred me as bad as 17/18.

You know what is the worst? This season could still be even worse. We face Saints in the FA Cup semis. We may win or lose the tie, and in case of winning we face Man United or Spurs in their home basically. The thought of losing the final to Spurs or Mourinho is sickening. Not to mention Conte's poor cup record.

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Rumors doing the rounds he's gone.

I hope it's true :) He doesn't want to be around anymore and doesn't want to change or try something ... Put an interim manager (Joe Edwars or Jody Morris) that will try some players and formations for next season.

16 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Revisionist history.

The 15-16 team couldn't build up to save their lives. As bad as we are right now, we still are capable of creating chances.

I know fans often like to romanticize the past and compare it favourably to the present, but they are really taking the piss doing that with the 15/16 season, jeez.

On 09. 04. 2018. at 0:25 AM, Mana said:

To me it is. Or maybe he doesn't know any other tactic apart from the damn 3-4-3 formation. Even dinosaur Wenger changes his tactics when he is under pressure, and tries to switch it up (even though he fails at times) but at least he was trying something different.

Well, I think he has made a lot of mistakes. His subs are always somewhat too late, also players like Emerson and Giroud should've been given more chances.

But, he tried 3-5-2. He tried 3-4-3 with false 9. He tried Cesc as CAM, he tried Cesc in 2-man midfield. He tried some things. Reverting to 4-man defense, with this squad which is really suited for 3/5 in defense, isn't really a problem. I mean, yes, we are desperate, but changing to 4 in defense with this squad would be just that - one desperate try, an empty shoot, so what happens happens. You all must be thinking - well, we cannot do any worse than this. Well, guess what - WE CAN.

No one can convince me that Azpi - Christy - Rudy - Alonso defense would bring us anything special.

We actually have the worst defense, by names, in top-5 now. There is a reason why we play with 5 defenders - to cover all their weaknesses. Even Liverpool have brought VVD and are looking solid and better than us now, no need to mention Spurs or City.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Fuck all of the posters who said/agree this season isn't as bad as 2015/16. It's almost the same, just higher league position.

We are freefalling and there's no sign of us stopping.

Terrible terrible season. Conte out now.

To be fair, we're just doing 2015/16 in reverse...