The Conte Thread

Followers 4

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

On 7/18/2017 at 9:43 PM, Chelsea? said:

This summer can't get any worse. 

I cant think of any reason why he wouldn't extend the years in the deal. 

Maybe because someone or some people relented after Lukaku signed at ManUtd and the door opened for Conte to get the striker he wanted instead of what someone else at the club wanted.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Maybe because someone or some people relented after Lukaku signed at ManUtd and the door opened for Conte to get the striker he wanted instead of what someone else at the club wanted.

Maybe I trust what Matt Law says about Conte more than what you seem to think. 

25 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Conte is the boss

While Chelsea got Morata, it is absolutely absurd that this house of clowns refused to sign the manager's first choice striker until the point where Mourinho and United scooped up Lukaku. You can believe what you wanna believe and I'm never certain, but there's a large part of me that is thanking the likes of Paul Pogba for the benefit of CFC getting CONTE'S CHOICE instead of "the club's choice" or whoever it is precisely that wanted Lukaku --WHOEVER IT WAS THAT INTENDED TO SIGN LUKAKU INSTEAD OF OUR OVER-ACHIEVING MANAGER'S CHOICE STRIKER. hmm...

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

While Chelsea got Morata, it is absolutely absurd that this house of clowns refused to sign the manager's first choice striker until the point where Mourinho and United scooped up Lukaku. You can believe what you wanna believe and I'm never certain, but there's a large part of me that is thanking the likes of Paul Pogba for the benefit of CFC getting CONTE'S CHOICE instead of "the club's choice" or whoever it is precisely that wanted Lukaku --WHOEVER IT WAS THAT INTENDED TO SIGN LUKAKU INSTEAD OF OUR OVER-ACHIEVING MANAGER'S CHOICE STRIKER. hmm...

Don't jump on the bandwagon. A reliable source is yet to confirm that (or did Matt Law say that as well iirc?). Steve Nicol's opinion is just as good or bad as anybody's and Balague you shouldn't listen to. Several sources, also who we deem reliable, did say that Lukaku was Conte's 1st choice when we were being strongly linked, none of this board Lukaku vs. Conte Morata was mentioned at that time, so it makes me think that they are just continuing stirring controversy. No consistency in those stories at all.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, manpe said:

Don't jump on the bandwagon. A reliable source is yet to confirm that (or did Matt Law say that as well iirc?). Steve Nicol's opinion is just as good or bad as anybody's and Balague you shouldn't listen to. Several sources, also who we deem reliable, did say that Lukaku was Conte's 1st choice when we were being strongly linked, none of this board Lukaku vs. Conte Morata was mentioned at that time, so it makes me think that they are just continuing stirring controversy. No consistency in those stories at all.

I'm not listening to anyone on the web; just my own conjecture. The events on the last ~7 days' timeline tell their own story to an outsider.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

I'm not listening to anyone on the web; just my own conjecture.

You say you are not listening to anybody, yet your post (which quoted Balague and Express Sport) had a strong angry conviction that the board wanted to sign Lukaku ahead of Conte's first choice, Morata, which is exactly what those articles claimed. How do you come to that conjecture if you are not letting yourself be influenced by non-stories like that?

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

You say you are not listening to anybody, yet your post (which quoted Balague and Express Sport) had a strong angry conviction that the board wanted to sign Lukaku ahead of Conte's first choice, Morata, which is exactly what those articles claimed. How do you come to that conjecture if you are not letting yourself be influenced by non-stories like that?

My post above was reply to someone else's post. I've already posted on the same personal conjecture at least once, hours ago. Scroll further up for one of my older posts, if that's so important.

20 minutes ago, the wes said:

Conte said today morata was chelsea 1st choice who the fuck put a bid in for lukaku then ? I'm confused :blink:

I'm not sure he said that Morata "was" our first choice. He said Morata "is" our first choice, i.e now he's first in pecking order between strikers.

We'll just pretend that Conte never wanted Lukaku, not even at his previous club, and ignore all the reports mentioning that Conte had been in contact with him. :ph34r: It doesn't matter anyway, I think Conte would have been fine with either of them.

'I don't like to talk about players who are not here,' said Conte, speaking for the first time since the infamous text message sent to Costa at the end of the season to inform him he would be allowed to leave.

'In January, the Costa situation was made very clear. For the club, for him and his agent and for me the situation is closed.'

Morata, who underwent a medical in London on Thursday, will cost a club record fee which starts at £58million and could rise to £70m.

'For sure this transfer market is crazy,' said Conte. 'Not only for this season, but now if you want to buy a simple player - a normal player - you have to start to think about spending 40 to 50 million euros.

'It's incredible this situation but there is this situation and we must live with it.

'Lukaku cost a lot of money but the same with [Alex] Lacazette and Arsenal who spent 65m euros. For a right-back you spend 60-70m euros. This is the situation now.

'We must be very good and not make a mistake when we buy a player. You have to spend a lot and it is very important to make the right choice.'

Morata is expected to complete his move before the weekend and join up with the Chelsea squad on the next leg of their tour in Singapore.

'This is a good signing for us,' said Conte. 'Morata is a young player but he has a lot of experience and played in the past with Real Madrid and Juventus in the league and the Champions League.

'He's a good striker, a player with the right prospects for Chelsea. He will be our first-choice. He can show his value with us. He is young and can improve a lot.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4717626/Conte-reveals-decision-axe-Costa-January.html

21 hours ago, Barbara said:

Dude, Morata's words, Conte's decision in 2014, our interest on him last summer, Morata's admission of a personal call from Conte last season, the timing of Conte's new contract and Morata's deal should make it clear to everyone what Conte's first choice was.
And Matt Law confirmed it.

me too :Goober:

• Like 2