Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 4

8 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea Midfield 3: Cesc Bakayoko Kante (No back up)
Man City Midfield 3: KDB D. Silva Fernandinho (Back up: B. Silva, Gundogan, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Fernando, Delph) 

Fan-fucking-tastic

They are playing with 3 , we are playing with 2. Plus it is pep team kdb,2 silvas, nasri are attacking  midfielder but pep like to play them as cm. We need one more, 4 players are enough for us

• Like 3
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

1 hour ago, communicate said:

They are playing with 3 , we are playing with 2. Plus it is pep team kdb,2 silvas, nasri are attacking  midfielder but pep like to play them as cm. We need one more, 4 players are enough for us

Yeah, and it's not like Nasri is even going to stay. Fabian Delph most likely also on his way out and Gündogan is a huge question mark due to his injuries.

Not everything is what it seems like. On paper City have 9 midfielders but take away Nasri and Delph it's only seven guys for three positions with one of those a severe injury crock.

Of course KDB, 2x Silvas, Fernandinho, Fernando, Yaya and Gündogan is still a cracking set of midfielders but with just one more addition I'd say ours are pretty strong too: Bakayoko, Cesc, Kante, Baker and one new signing would be five players for two positions. Most teams would be envious of that in both quality and depth but I guess 'the grass is always greener on the other side' mentality rules these days. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yeah, and it's not like Nasri is even going to stay. Fabian Delph most likely also on his way out and Gündogan is a huge question mark due to his injuries.

Not everything is what it seems like. On paper City have 9 midfielders but take away Nasri and Delph it's only seven guys for three positions with one of those a severe injury crock.

Of course KDB, 2x Silvas, Fernandinho, Fernando, Yaya and Gündogan is still a cracking set of midfielders but with just one more addition I'd say ours are pretty strong too: Bakayoko, Cesc, Kante, Baker and one new signing would be five players for two positions. Most teams would be envious of that in both quality and depth but I guess 'the grass is always greener on the other side' mentality rules these days. 

Don't get me wrong, they are a deep team. But if matic stay or got replace then  we will have 4 cm competing for 2 spots, if you have more than that then somebody is going to be unhappy. One of them will not even be in the 18 match squad.

25 minutes ago, communicate said:

Don't get me wrong, they are a deep team. But if matic stay or got replace then  we will have 4 cm competing for 2 spots, if you have more than that then somebody is going to be unhappy. One of them will not even be in the 18 match squad.

How do you know we'll have only 2 CM spots for the entire season? Are you sure that Conte will want to play with 2 midfielders all the time? Well, he might not have a choice if one of them is not available to play, but that's where the 5th CM would step in. If we're gonna insist on having 4, then the 4th one needs to be of adequate quality.

• Like 2
Just now, manpe said:

How do you know we'll have only 2 CM spots for the entire season?

Because we are going to play 343 for the majority of the time, if you want the flexibility to move to 3 man midfield then we should sign a versatile player maybe like chambo but Arsenal will never sell him to us.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Speaking of Delph. I like him. If he'd be willing to play a squad roll, I'd love to have him here. Assuming his wages could be afforded of course. City pay well.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Speaking of Delph. I like him. If he'd be willing to play a squad roll, I'd love to have him here. Assuming his wages could be afforded of course. City pay well.

I also rate the guy from his performances at Aston Villa but that seems like a lifetime ago and for the last couple of years he's hardly played a game so not sure how good he'll be now.

Would assume he'll want to actually play more games when he eventually leaves City so a move to a mid-table side will probably be best for him, last I saw Stoke were being linked. 

• Like 1
On 7/25/2017 at 6:04 PM, Fernando said:

Courtois

Azpi/Rudgier - David Luiz/Andreas - Cahill/new Cb - Alonso/new 

Bakayoko - Kante

Pedro - Fabregas - Morata - Hazard

this formation looks like 4-2-3-1... Bcoz morata will move forward and will wait for fabregas to give a through ball...

• Like 1

Chelsea in transfer talks ‘every day’ – Conte

http://punchng.com/chelsea-in-transfer-talks-every-day-conte/

Love to see the itinerary planner for our board lol

CONTE: TRANSFER TALKS EVERY DAY

Antonio Conte says he is involved in daily discussions with Chelsea'sboard over how to strengthen his squad ahead of the new season.

"With the club we speak every day about the way to strengthen this team and the squad," Conte said during Chelsea's visit to Singapore.

"The club knows very well which is my idea and where are the positions to strengthen, and if this is possible, it is okay. If not, we continue this way."

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tautvix said:

I think Conte is again trying to put pressure on board. But he is right anyway...

It's clear that he wants more signings but he won't get them.

• Like 1

He's spot on there. We aren't currently near Bayern's level. 

Yet another instance where Conte is trying to get our board to take the hint. We're still a long way from the elite and they need to get more quality in. We're now only a few weeks from the season starting and are threadbare in multiple areas. 

I dread seeing us lining up against Bayern/Juve/Real Madrid/Barca and even the second tier European clubs on our level like Atleti/PSG with Alonso and Moses in our XI. Cahill, too. If Hazard and Morata aren't in world class form I fear many of those sides would blow us away by exploiting these average players.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

It's clear that he wants more signings but he won't get them.

18 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

I think Conte is again trying to put pressure on board. But he is right anyway...

I agree lads but the board needs to tight up the purse strings for this new stadium I'm reading reports that we have to get a loan out to pay for the new stadium ffs 

• Like 2

About goddamn time. I feared nobody will ever go in public and be truly honest. I hope I'll see my Chelsea FC again at same level we were until 6-7 years ago. Pay big or stay home. That's how big boys game works.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pizy said:

He's spot on there. We aren't currently near Bayern's level. 

Were we in same level of Barcelona B. Munich in 2012?? For me u need a bit of luck to win the CL not always the best team on paper win the CL 

12 hours ago, the wes said:

Were we in same level of Barcelona B. Munich in 2012?? For me u need a bit of luck to win the CL not always the best team on paper win the CL 

U neee luck obviously but we were realy competitive and in top4 2007-2010. Thats why we were very high in pl and cl those years. Consistency. After that we might win CL in 2012 but that was big one off because we finished 6th in league that year and our Cl record since is not realy impressive anymore like it was pre 2010. 

• Like 1