The Conte Thread

Followers 4

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

Harry Kane is my dream striker, says Chelsea boss Antonio ConteAntonio Conte has revealed Harry Kane as his dream striker target for Chelsea after admitting he failed in a bid to sign Kyle Walker.www.telegraph.co.uk“If I had to buy one striker I would go to Kane. He is a complete striker. He is strong physically, with the ball, without the ball, he fights and he’s strong in the air and acrobatic on the right and the left. He’s a complete player. He’s one of the top strikers in the world.

“If you go to buy Kane now it would be at least £100m. At least. For me, if I see this price for a striker I know for sure he’s a big striker.

Lol, not Morata?

Really does sound like Conte wants it known that he's not getting everything he had hoped.

What these quotes do tell us for sure is that the club are indeed actively trying hard to sign wing backs. They better get a couple in before the window closes. But if we weren't willing to go near Walker's price I guess we can definitively rule out Alex Sandro who will cost even more.

Seems like the club is willing to spend enormous fees for certain positions (striker) but have thus far refused to pay absurd prices for other positions. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Really does sound like Conte wants it known that he's not getting everything he had hoped.

What these quotes do tell us for sure is that the club are indeed actively trying hard to sign wing backs. They better get a couple in before the window closes. But if we weren't willing to go near Walker's price I guess we can definitively rule out Alex Sandro who will cost even more.

Seems like the club is willing to spend enormous fees for certain positions (striker) but have thus far refused to pay absurd prices for other positions. 

For me It shows that the manager + board know that we need fullback but they are not willing to shell out 50 m, They are not as incompetent as people say in this forum.

14 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Conte firing shots at the Chelsea board

DFsUUe-XYAEMznj.jpg

No, in the way he expresses himself in that quote, Antonio is not correct. All too often in the past we've done just that, bought expensive players, when excellent players are what we need. The two things are not the same. Excellent players are not always expensive, and expensive ones are most certainly not always excellent.

We know what Antonio meant, and what he meant is right, but what he said isn't.

• Like 2

The underline message in Conte's quote is that Spurs you wouldnt reach the level that Chelsea or the other big club have reached ... So here is 100m for Kane, take it and sell him to us. Put Delle in the deal as well and we will give it a thought. Simple!!!

Kane comment, more like an admirer comment. Everyone know it is impossible for us to sign him. Forget about Spurs.

Interesting that he is not mentioning about Sandro there.

He just wanted to put some pressure on the board and let us know that the same board failed not him.  Imagine him opening pandora's box about all the players he wanted and the club failed him.

Highlights of the night: '' there has been a miracle with Leicester and with us, because we won the title with only 13 players''

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

Interesting that he is not mentioning about Sandro there.

Probably because negotiations for him aren't over yet and it's kinda disrespectful to talk about players from other teams your own club is in negotiations for. Couple days ago talks of the club targeting Alex Sandro, Antonio Candreva and Fernando Llorente was a pretty obvious media brief from either Conte or someone from the board so I'd assume they're still going to try for Sandro.

If Conte wants he can comment on Sandro if/when negotiations don't lead to anything and he signs that extension at Juve, much like he namedropped Walker here. It does no harm to anyone at that time but to say something now might just piss off Juventus and cause them raising the price even higher.

• Like 1