Kostas Manolas

Tomo

12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Rather Porto lose so they have to cash in on someone like Rubén Neves. 

Ruben will be a huge potential in the future. I can trade Oscar for him without blinking. 

But I'm not sure our board will get a centerback if they get another player in another position. So I hope our next signing is a centerback who is good at defending in one on one situations. So far only Azpi and pre-injury zouma as defenders can defend in one on one situations in a whole Chelsea FC. 

It's a catastrophe, we need to prioritize a defender at all cost, and if Koulibaly is delaying and arsenal is competing for mustafi the chances of getting an instant improvement on someone comfortable on the ball with one on one tackling is looking slim :(

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Roma just drew against Porto to qualify for the Champions League. I'm rooting for them to lose, so that they don't get champions League money.

Then we could bid for Manolas since they'll be short on cash. Or I'm I just too cruel? :ph34r:

If Roma sells him this summer then 50% of the money goes to Olympiacos so I doubt they sell.

So, Roma recently signed Fazio on loan from spurs, signed Juan Jesus from Inter on loan too and are very close on finalising Vermaelen's transfer on loan with a buy option. I won't be surprised if they actually sell Manolas after their recent transfer activity.

8 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

So, Roma recently signed Fazio on loan from spurs, signed Juan Jesus from Inter on loan too and are very close on finalising Vermaelen's transfer on loan with a buy option. I won't be surprised if they actually sell Manolas after their recent transfer activity.

Sounds plausible. Although it seems like all interested clubs have already moved on...

With Roma turning down the Rags £28mill bid who apparently still want him even after signing Bially (greedy bastards and Mou saying he can only use 23 players awwww poor fucker) we should open up for him. I think he would take over from JT running the defence and good partner for Happy.

12 hours ago, res7 said:

If Roma sells him this summer then 50% of the money goes to Olympiacos so I doubt they sell.

If they go out of champions League against Porto, they won't get the 30mil they expected to balance the books too. Something has to give, if we offer them something after they are knocked out, they could take it.  

13 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

If they go out of champions League against Porto, they won't get the 30mil they expected to balance the books too. Something has to give, if we offer them something after they are knocked out, they could take it.  

I'm not sure they need money to balance the books but from what I read they are rather waiting for the CL qualifier to make another signing.

If they still need money they will sell Paredes.

Roma is going to have 3 central defendenders on loan. Apparently that clause in Manolas contract expires after this window. Chelsea should give them the taste of their own medicine and loan Manolas with an option to buy in January.

For me it sounds sensible.

But that was probably discussed already and for some reason rejected.

On 8/7/2016 at 0:43 AM, res7 said:

I'm not sure they need money to balance the books but from what I read they are rather waiting for the CL qualifier to make another signing.

If they still need money they will sell Paredes.

Maybe they will try to sell paredes instead. But I hope we make them lose Manolas instead. 

@FCBarcelona

With the Club's permission, Thomas Vermaelen has travelled to Rome to undergo a medical with AS Roma #FCBLive
11:20 AM - 7 Aug 2016

If they get Vermaelen, they would have six center-backs (Manolas, Rüdiger, Juan Jesus, Fazio, Gyömber & Vermaelen) in the squad.

On 8/7/2016 at 1:55 PM, kellzfresh said:

Maybe they will try to sell paredes instead. But I hope we make them lose Manolas instead. 

@FCBarcelona

With the Club's permission, Thomas Vermaelen has travelled to Rome to undergo a medical with AS Roma #FCBLive
11:20 AM - 7 Aug 2016

If they get Vermaelen, they would have six center-backs (Manolas, Rüdiger, Juan Jesus, Fazio, Gyömber & Vermaelen) in the squad.

Gyomber will be loaned out, Rudiger is out injured.

Juan Jesus will be expected to fill at LB since their LB is out injured.

That leaves them with at least 2 of Manolas, Vermaelen and Jesus on the pitch and Fazio as a backup.

10 hours ago, res7 said:

Gyomber will be loaned out, Rudiger is out injured.

Juan Jesus will be expected to fill at LB since their LB is out injured.

That leaves them with at least 2 of Manolas, Vermaelen and Jesus on the pitch and Fazio as a backup.

Ok so their leftback is injured and they'll pull an ivanovic to accommodate having five center-backs, I understand.  I don't know how long the leftback will be out for that will require adding two new centerbacks. 

If they line up like this

Jesus-Manolas-Vermalen-RB

Fazio and Gyomber will be on the bench. Then Rudiger will be back in January on the bench too. 

I haven't seen their fullback options, but If they really don't have any other leftback then the situation of having six center-backs is not as bad as I first thought. But it'll still happen when Rudiger comes back in January. 

On 8/9/2016 at 11:38 AM, kellzfresh said:

Ok so their leftback is injured and they'll pull an ivanovic to accommodate having five center-backs, I understand.  I don't know how long the leftback will be out for that will require adding two new centerbacks. 

If they line up like this

Jesus-Manolas-Vermalen-RB

Fazio and Gyomber will be on the bench. Then Rudiger will be back in January on the bench too. 

I haven't seen their fullback options, but If they really don't have any other leftback then the situation of having six center-backs is not as bad as I first thought. But it'll still happen when Rudiger comes back in January. 

The leftback will be back in February. The other options are a kid who never played a senior match and a young versatile player that is primarily a winger.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Kostas said:

Overly delayed biannual post telling you to piss off and not compare me to that talentless prick :D

Hahaha, well something had to bring you back from the abyss as per :lol:

Porto leading Roma 1-0 halftime. 2-1 aggregate lead, Roma down to 10 men, Derossi redcard. 

Roma could be out of the Champions League if it stays this way, no champions League money (35mil or so). Maybe a cheeky bid for Manolas first thing tomorrow????

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You