Kostas Manolas

Tomo

4 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

Chelsea better pay for his ticket to St.Petersburg than paying Roma for his service. Manolas is nothing special and is known for being undisciplined player also. There is no point comparing him to someone like VVD, the Soton defender is far above Kostas, I even place Christensen above the greek. Hope these rumours are bullsh*t.

Do u rated cahill better than manolas?? 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

We need quality CB even if Christensen is here next season :) 

He is a very, very good defender IMO, perfect suited for RCB :) Very aggressive player, I would even dare to call him crazy at times :D But people talking sh*t about this player are clueless (sorry). You would take Koulibaly for 60M but not this guy for 26M? 

I hope we get him, even if me offer some more than described amount. 

I have feeling that Conte might try some new things at the back - Azpi at RWB, Alonso at LCB? :) 

I've seen plenty of Roma in the last two years to know he's a decent buy at the rumoured price, but has several flaws in his game. Has lapses in concentration on a regular basis that would need to be worked on fast, as we've had enough of them with Cahill. 

Seems like the best option we've been linked with, though.

5 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

This.  Id rather see him in a Chelsea shirt before rating him, rather than listen to that moron chelseayouth  lick his ass

This is unfair and wrong. The bloke is no moron. The club seems to trust him enough to allow him more access than they would normally give to fans. ChelseaYouth uses that access to keep us updated with happenings in the academy. His output is must read as far as I'm concerned although it's true that he takes a certain outlook. It seems to me he plays the role of a sort of public champion for the young lads.

An example of this happened when he and I had a disagreement while watching a youth team game at Stamford Bridge. It was the first, and last, time I saw a lad called Dean Furman play. I quickly commented that Dean had no future at Chelsea because, I said, "His mechanics were all wrong". ChelseaYouth bristled and, defending the player, pointed out that Dean was attracting interest from both Old Firm clubs. I predicted that he wouldn't make it there either. I was right, Dean subsequently failed at Rangers, but here's the thing; I don't really think ChelseaYouth disagreed with me. I think he just felt, and feels, a deep interest in the youngsters. He wishes them well and wants to be supportive of them at all times. It's an admirable outlook. I certainly admire him for it.

Cahill has strength above that of Manolas; he shows more determination & never say die attitude; he's far, far more lethal in the box; he already understands our system; and that's enough to say this would be a stupid signing. Neither of them have very good tactical nuance, technical ability, pace, or awareness. Neither are good enough for us, but one's really, really, really not good enough.

1 hour ago, King11Didier said:

Yes, I do. Cahill might be prone to mistakes, but has better qualities than Manolas. VVD will be an upgrade on both of them.

I'm all for signing VVD but Southampton are not willing to sell him has for cahill he needs upgraded big time 

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

I'm all for signing VVD but Southampton are not willing to sell him has for cahill he needs upgraded big time 

we already have comfortably superior players than cahill in ake and christensen

I don't understand in which world Christensen - Azpilicueta - Luiz is not enough. Cahill & some sideman would be alright back ups.

With Alex Sandro probably coming in, this'd mean targeting an elite right back, instead of shifting Azpilicueta there again (which won't end well; he's proven himself to be a centre back. He never offered much going forward, and he's fine defensively - but he shines as our spine.)

I hate the idea of Azpilicueta as the right back, with Cahill - Manolas/Christensen - Luiz being our centre backs. (I presume we aren't changing to a back 4 next season.) That's a laughable centre. But nothing is pointing to us upgrading over Moses - it seems we'll simply revert to our less succesful ways. Not pragmatic at all given our wealth.

He's a good defender. I'm not sure why people are acting like he's worse than Djilobodji. Honestly though I was hoping for better but we could certainly use him for a year if no better alternative is available. The only downside is we might not sign anyone else later because we would be loaded. I think we have a good set of CBs in David Luiz, Cahill, Christensen and Azpi but we need someone to take us to the next level. Manolas will improve us but not make us great. Anyway as long as Christensen gets to play regularly i'm fine. That kid could be the real deal.

2 hours ago, Leif said:

Cahill has strength above that of Manolas; he shows more determination & never say die attitude; he's far, far more lethal in the box; he already understands our system; and that's enough to say this would be a stupid signing. Neither of them have very good tactical nuance, technical ability, pace, or awareness. Neither are good enough for us, but one's really, really, really not good enough.

That is harsh on both but particularly Manolas. He is extremely quick for a defender and has decent tactical ability and positional awareness. I think him and Cahill are about on par with Manolas still being at an age where he can improve as a defender. 

And vs. Madrid he's all over the place, don't let the upbeat music fool you - play some sad violin music instead and tragedy is more obvious. A headless chicken who can't do anything but put it out for a throw in or lead the ball to a Madrid player - 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You