Alessio Romagnoli

the wes

35 for him? he is good, but nothing special! if we had to take a CB, we should go for the best! give 60 for Gimenez! Great team are built with great players, it is useless waste a lot of money in decent players! we don't have learnt nothing from several purchase of salah,schurrle, pedro, moses,marin etc etc? better buy one very good that 5-6 like those! in the end also economically's speech, it's worse becouse we have spent 20-30MLN for 4-5 players, instead to buy 1-2 for 50-60 !

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

What? Christensen was nowhere near ready for first team football when he was loaned out. No one knew he'd develop this well at BMG. 

And even after one successful year it was clear the individual would never play him anyway. So a settled 2 year loan was a great option at the time. Yeah we're struggling this year but ultimately it will prove to be a blessing in disguise.

2 hours ago, Adnane said:

Well at least you can't blame the club for not trying every possible option can you ? 

But we was crap last season and till today have done nothing. 

United got Bailey, city got stones, Bayern got Hummel. 

We nothing and that giving that we had since last season to figure out 

And for a second season in a role throw panicking bids at the closing of the window.... 

20 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We can either keep going back to this statement or analyse the facts and see that 1)- We had a german top prospect almost signed before tearing his ACL 2)- Inquired on Manolas and Mustafi with no positive feedback 3)- Reportedly made absolutely mad bids for Koulibaly which have all been rejected 4)- Inquired about Romagnoli who has been labelled as untransferable. 6)- Still inquiring for Maxsimovic. 

That's roughly 6 good defenders we have been after, every file was messed up because of a particular reason and you can hardly blame the club on 1 or 2 of them at best. 

I personally think it's a blessing in disguise, we might get the top defenders we want next year for free with Zouma and Christensen, Cahill Iva & Terry are actually nowhere bad as they were last season, all the team was, the worst our defence can do to us for me is hold us back in our offensive minded proactive evolution as we will have to cover it all the time before actually building THE perfect game plan with the right personnel. 

I believe Zouma will ease a lot of the pain ( assuming HIS pain is eased :D ) and that Cahill, for all the hate we all have for him ( myself included ) can be a decent low block defender when called upon. We also seem to be above everyone else physically, finishing games stronger which is really helping our defenders a lot, as not only they are 10 times sharper than last year, but the guys around also are and they got a new little guy wandering around just for the sake of protecting the four of them, which helps the general defensive solidity.

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

United got Bailey, city got stones, Bayern got Hummel. 

We nothing and that giving that we had since last season to figure out 

And for a second season in a role throw panicking bids at the closing of the window.... 

Only Chelsea fans could slate the board the same summer we sign the reason the PL champions were the PL champions.

Hummels was always going to Bayern and Bailey and Stones aren't the type of defensive profile we need right now, we already have one top CB prospect with another to come next summer, we need one in his prime (and world class/borderline if possible) which is why we are going all out for Koulibaly because he is the only one that fits that bracket that is even remotely attainable.

We have already fixed two area's that have been a problem for years, an athletic CM along with a very good second striker, the board are trying their hardest to bring in Kalidou but unlike those clubs with those CBs, they aren't dealing with De Laurentis.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Who ever board member was behind loaning out Christensen for two seasons should be sack for it we wouldn't need to sign a cb if Christensen wasn't loan out for two seasons :angry:

It remains to be seen if Andreas turns out to be as good in the Premier League as he reportedly has been in the Bundesliga.

Even if he does, and let's hope it is so, few would have guessed that a two year term would become a problem when his loan was arranged. I'm sure that some did but I certainly wasn't one of them despite the fact that I watch more youth football than most.

I can see the logic which says make it a one year deal, regardless, because that gives you the opportunity to reassess 12 months down the line. There is some sense in that, but it has to be set against the necessity to negotiate worthwhile deals with clubs who are great loan destimations for our players.

I can imagine Gladbach arguing that if it were a one year deal they could not justify putting development time into the player. With a two year arrangement  however, it would be more likely they could pick him even if his form fell away because there would be some payback for them down the line. It's an argument that has some merit and I don't blame our decision makers if they weighed the options and decided to go with it.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Only Chelsea fans could slate the board the same summer we sign the reason the PL champions were the PL champions.

Hummels was always going to Bayern and Bailey and Stones aren't the type of defensive profile we need right now, we already have one top CB prospect with another to come next summer, we need one in his prime (and world class/borderline if possible) which is why we are going all out for Koulibaly because he is the only one that fits that bracket that is even remotely attainable.

We have already fixed two area's that have been a problem for years, an athletic CM along with a very good second striker, the board are trying their hardest to bring in Kalidou but unlike those clubs with those CBs, they aren't dealing with De Laurentis.

are you implying that we have a great squad with great players in every position and all that was required was a ramires replacement (we lost ramires mid season) as the icing on the cake? If that's the case, and it certainly reads as such, sorry but I suspect you may be alone there.

IMO the fact that the board only goes after players like Kante, after a fantastic season, or Koulibaly who is hardly a find himself, shows a lack of creativity which is frankly what most people complain about. 

17 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You're right that they aren't dealing with De Laurentiis, but to be fair they're two clubs who would pay whatever it takes to get the players their managers want and thus far we are not. In general that is, not just in Koulibaly's case.

Didn't matter that City were quoted £50m for Stones. Pep wanted him so his club payed the asking price. Same with Pogba at United. We've (reportedly) made bids for several of Conte's targets and the club either cannot or were unwilling to get them for him.

Easy to see why so many people are frustrated. Like Fernando says, we just finished 10th and have signed one first XI player. That's absolute  madness. Why is it that the clubs that have finished miles in front of us have significantly invested yet we are leaving it til the death? 

Yes, we know the board are "working on it" but we've had all summer. Just seems really risky.

8 minutes ago, Robguima said:

are you implying that we have a great squad with great players in every position and all that was required was a ramires replacement (we lost ramires mid season) as the icing on the cake? If that's the case, and it certainly reads as such, sorry but I suspect you may be alone there.

IMO the fact the board only goes after players like Kante, after a fantastic season, or Koulibaly who is hardly a find himself, shows a lack of creativity which is frankly what most people complain about. 

Saying Kante is a Ramires replacement is like us selling Remy this summer signing Suarez in January and saying we finally replaced Remy, N Golo is light years above Ramires.

I don't think it's enough alone, but the fact that we have signed Kante and are actively chasing Koulibaly suggest's that they are seriously trying to fix things, also thanks to the Batshauyi signing our striker options are as good as they have been since the double winning season.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You're right that they aren't dealing with De Laurentiis, but to be fair they're two clubs who would pay whatever it takes to get the players their managers want and we this far are not. In general that is, not just in Koulibaly's case.

Didn't matter that City were quoted £50m for Stones. Pep wanted him so his club payed the asking price. Same with Pogba at United. We've (reportedly) made bids for several of Conte's targets and the club either cannot or were unwilling to get them for him.

Easy to see why so many people are frustrated. Like Fernando says, we just finished 10th and have made one first XI player. That's absolute  madness. Why is it that the clubs that have finished miles in front of us have significantly invested yet we are leaving it til the death? 

Yes, we know the board are "working on it" but we've had all summer. Just seems really risky.

If City and United just simply payed the money, the deals would have been done a lot earlier than the week before the season started, but like i alluded to, they are not dealing with such a stubborn chairman, take the time United were for example, in 2008 they spent all summer dealing with Daniel Levy to try and get Berbatov to Old Trafford, when was the deal done? the very last moment of the window.

Of Course it can get frustrating but some comments imo are well, well over the top, 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Saying Kante is a Ramires replacement is like us selling Remy this summer signing Suarez in January and saying we finally replaced Remy, N Golo is light years above Ramires.

I don't think it's enough alone, but the fact that we have signed Kante and are actively chasing Koulibaly suggest's that they are seriously trying to fix things, also thanks to the Batshauyi signing our striker options are as good as they have been since the double winning season.

If City and United just simply payed the money, the deals would have been done a lot earlier than the week before the season started, but like i alluded to, they are not dealing with such a stubborn chairman, take the time United were for example, in 2008 they spent all summer dealing with Daniel Levy to try and get Berbatov to Old Trafford, when was the deal done? the very last moment of the window.

Of Course it can get frustrating but some comments imo are well, well over the top, 

They were dealing with the same Everton who absolutely refused to sell us the same player last summer. He handed in a transfer request and they still refused. It's widely reported that we made a huge bid for Pogba last summer. I think even his agent confirmed it. They refused.

Different situations, but the money talked in the end.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

They were dealing with the same Everton who absolutely refused to sell us the same player last summer. He handed in a transfer request and they still refused. It's widely reported that we made a huge bid for Pogba last summer. I think even his agent confirmed it. They refused.

Different situations, but the money talked in the end.

Everton were one year further down the line with a player making it clear he wanted to leave. Had they continued to dig their heels in, they were looking at rapidly diminishing returns both in terms of the player's commitment, and of his market value. That was an entirely different negotiating situation to the one that existed last summer. Even so, the deal was only completed a few days more than a week ago.

Obviously we know next to nothing about the offer which was made for Pogba last summer, the reasons it was turned down, or whether the player himself would have had any interest in the move. We do know that at that time he was talking very much about Real Madrid or Barcelona only.

If the current club don't want to sell, and player concerned doesn't want to move, there really isn't much wriggle room for potential buyers. In that circumstance the only weapon which can be used is an even larger amount of money than the already obscene numbers being offered to club and player.

If it turns out that Manchester United and Manchester City have the power to spend more in the transfer market that we do then that's not a surprise to anyone. Nor is it news that we are not able to attract all of the players we would wish to. It was always that way, even when we had the biggest transfer budget in the world.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Yes it is a big difference, but not as great as that. I also don't think Leicester would be top4 with or without Kante - football isn't tennis after all. 

The same board that left us without Ramires for half the season - without any replacement regardless of quality - for no apparent reason other than incompetence. 

The same board that makes bids to important players in the final days of the transfer window, when their clubs have no chance to find proper replacements. Board that has no creativity in finding the less expensive solutions, and depend on all or nothing deals - and end up with ridiculous signings. Not even going into the squad players right now, but merely seeing who actually get minutes with the managers should be enough to see how inadequate they are.

Hey fair enough that you think they are doing well. I have zero confidence that the problems of this squad will even get solved by these same folks.

12 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I wonder if this offer was made today or few weeks ago but we only have information now. Logic and my gut feeling suggests the latter.

Spot-on. Of course.

Psychologists say that it is an important developmental stage when very young human beings begin to realise that things still happen even when they can't see them going on.

All of us here are obviously  many years beyond that stage and are well aware of this  simple reality. Not all of the posts on the forum seem to take that knowledge into account however.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You