Alessio Romagnoli

the wes

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems clear that Maksimovic or Romagnoli will be our new CB this season. Both are young ball-playing defenders that are highly rated but the question is whether they can deliver right away. The market this summer seems difficult, and while it may be questioned that what we need is another prospect (however promising) rather than someone who can deliver straight away, it would be quite nice to sit on two of the most promising centre backs in the world (if we get Romagnoli that is).
I would love to see Terry mentor whoever we get, it is important as we have seen the improvement in Kurt already from playing next to him. 

Chelsea is going to pay the price for pussy-footing around this window. If we wanted Romagnoli we had one shot to make a good offer, and we again fell short. Offer Milan €50m plus some hefty add-ons and maybe we could've gotten him but this €35m offer wouldn't have even been accepted on day 1 of the transfer window, let alone at the end of the window. Even €50m is probably not enough considering Roma would get 25% of the profit above €25m.

Don't think we can get him. Every Time people asked about it Di Marzio's staff David Amoyal always reply with a firm NO.

Yet typical Chelsea go after him with only 7 days left in the window, and in the end will be standing there with empty hands and no new defenders. Incredible.

4 minutes ago, Artandur said:

The roma clause sadly makes me think this cant go through. If they'd accept a 40mil bid they'd barely make their money back, right ?

Anything above €25M will recoup their money, Roma's rumored clause only affects the profits.

But even so, Milan certainly won't sell him just to break even. Will need a massive bid to make them even consider it.

Is he really that good?

The videos I watched said that he was not the guy that has the vision nor the abilitiy to play long balls to strikers.I do not think that he is the one we should look for.Koulibaly or Maksimovic have the ability to play long balls like Bonucci does,but I do not see Romagnoli play those balls.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You