Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

22 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

So if he said "no" he wouldn't be coming right?

None of our managers or coaches get to say "no" to a signing. This should be common knowledge by now. A whole 'team' does all of our dealings. In fact i doubt any club in the world would let 1 manager say 'yes' or 'no' to such large investments of cash. Managers aren't accountants after all.

Considering we'll perhaps miss out on CL money, that team probably presented a list of 5-10 players to Guus within our new price range, a few of which he'll have said he's 'ok' with - at which point his opinion would be considered. Then the board would do more work regarding finances and such, and choose themselves which option would be best - especially considering Guus is only the interim coach. 

Regardless of track records, failures like Emenalo who have been here for many years will have a lot more say over someone like Guus. That's how any corporation or business works I believe. You've been around longer, you get more say. If the boss likes you, what do you think...you get even more influence.

Guus is a substitute teacher. There's no way he gets to choose who enrolls in our class. He won't be at the school next year, so the school will continue to make their own decisions.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was against it initially when I thought it would be a permanent move, but a short-term loan with a smaller wage to replace our worst striker I agree with wholly. He will have a few chances to show himself, but doubt he'll set the world alight as he'll always be behind Costa and Hazard in the pecking order. But he might be able to displace Remy(if he stays) and Pedro if he really performs, which would mean considerable amount of action.

In a six months loan, we have little to lose, and maybe, so much to win.

I have read some declarations of him and he seemed with wishes to return to Europe and succeed. I think that the guy will put all of his effort and his energy to do the best possible with us. And he has (or had) great conditions, so I have the hope that he will be a good signing for us. At least, for the next 6 months.

Come on Alexandre, I trust in you.

8 minutes ago, BleedsBlue said:

stepping stone move for his Career. Will attract a lot of media attention and probably engineer a move back to his preferred club AC Milan. 

I'll be shocked if Milan want him back. Ever. That said, I didn't think that we would want him and yet we clearly do. I can only hope my view of Pato as a somewhat talented but nevertheless overrated and ineffective player in the Robinho mould, is wrong.

3 hours ago, Barbara said:

Has never been to start with

Stop it now please Barbara, I'm depressed enough about this deal already. :(

Let's just hope for a 3 month honeymoon period where things go his way, he looks good, and helps us win some games. Of course we'll probably then shove a five year deal at him but let's cross that bridge of sighs when we come to it.

24 minutes ago, BleedsBlue said:

stepping stone move for his Career. Will attract a lot of media attention and probably engineer a move back to his preferred club AC Milan. 

Yeah, he going to go back to the club where he is Ex is the president.