Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

58 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Eh? That was Özil's biggest criticism at Arsenal until this season. He was a huge liability. He was constantly called lazy, went missing in every big game, didn't track back and help his teammates etc. I remember in our 6-0 specifically he was laughed at by everyone because he was so pathetic. There were even a TalkSport segment I recall where the question was asked if Eriksen was the much better buy for Spuds than Özil was for Arse.

I think the fact that Sanchez has been injured for a while is causing people's memory to grow fuzzy. He was basically unplayable for much of last season (except when he played Chelsea :D).  I recall stating like a year ago that he was truly the perfect Mourinho player. Works tirelessly, powerful, pacey, and scores goals from anywhere on the pitch.

Ozil was not playing in that game. I think you are getting mixed up with the 2-0 game last season where he looked out of his depth and was slated by fans.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Stats said:

Ozil was not playing in that game. I think you are getting mixed up with the 2-0 game last season where he looked out of his depth and was slated by fans.

Okay, yeah. I remember him being bullied off the ball with ease and essentially just giving up. His own supporters were slating him for being a pussy.

People like players who give their all (applies to quite a few South Americans). Talent isn't the be all and end all.
Ozil applies his talent very well though. An on form Ozil is much more beneficial to a team that an on form Alexis simply because he truly elevates his team mates level of play. 

Alexis works hard but Ozil hasn't been a liability to his team, he works fairly hard as well. 

He was missing for large parts of last season and quite a few Arsenal fans weren't against the fact of selling him. If things aren't going well, he's normally absent.

Just now, Stats said:

Right now he is. On form Sanchez I say. Ozil has only really stepped up this season while Sanchez made an impact in his first season. Both are 2 quality players though.

Ozil is probably the best number 10 in the world. There is no debate comparing both Ozil and Sanchez, if I were to have one it would be Ozil because he makes everyone else around him better. Sanchez adapted better perhaps and scores more goals but Ozil is fundamental to Arsenal where as they can cope a bit better without Sanchez due to having more wide players like Walcott, Campbell, Oxlade-Chamberlain. 

Just now, Stats said:

Real binned Ozil too though...

Ancelloti never wanted him so you can basically say the same thing.

Real binned Ozil because they could get over 40M for him to try and even their books for buying Bale, the fact he was concerned about his role in their team and also with them playing 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 Ozil doesn't particularly fit that tactics because he is a pure 10. The same happened with Di Maria when they signed James, they sold him to balance their books because they knew they would get a silly fee for him and he wanted to go so he could definitely play. 

Imagine if Real had kept Ozil though wow. 

Benzema

Ronaldo-Ozil-Bale

Kroos-Modric

Back to Chelsea-Arsenal anyway lol, I generally hope Costa starts, as well as Hazard but if he is not 110% would like to see Kenedy thrown in there. I think we will win this one tbf.

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Back to Chelsea-Arsenal anyway lol, I generally hope Costa starts, as well as Hazard but if he is not 110% would like to see Kenedy thrown in there. I think we will win this one tbf.

Man I hope you're right. With City currently losing things aren't looking too good at the top if we get beat. On the other hand a couple of quick goals for City tonight and a Blues win tomorrow puts everything it a much better light.

We have all been waiting for a true "Chelsea" performance all year, at least just once. And I am not talking about that 2-0 brawl earlier in the year. I mean one where we play world class football and beat someone of importance.

What better time than today I say to all you Blues out there!

I just have a feeling.

Chelsea gets a late winner from the Arsenal's favorite Chelsea player, Diego Costa. 1-2 to the Blues.

I cannot wait to get this one going.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Chelsea must focus on winning the FA Cup and Champions League bescause first place is over and the fourth place, it is now 17 Points but if we win today, it is 14 Points up to Tottenham is in very good shape right now, and won many matches so it will be difficult for Chelsea to took the fourth place

Chelsea must focus on winning the FA Cup and Champions League because first place is over and it's almost fourth place

it is now 17 Points but if we win today, it is 14 Points up to Tottenham is in very good shape right now, and have won many matches so it will be difficult for Chelsea to took the fourth place

On 19/01/2016 at 6:47 AM, Reddish-Blue said:

We thumped them 4-1 because Guus had quality players throughout the team. We had Lampard & Essien in midfield, and that front-line of Anelka, Drogba, Malouda was so powerful.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa (Ivanovic 77), Alex, Terry, Ashley Cole, Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Anelka, Drogba, Malouda (Ballack 88).

Our current team is no match for the Chelsea of 2009.

The same players last season minus Pedro got our higher points total than any of our seasons from 2006/7 onwards with that squad you mentioned, only our back to back winning sides got more points on the board than this group did last year.

Despite this shit season we have a lot of quality in this squad, on top form the 2009 team had a clear advantage in leadership but in terms of footballing quality (on top form) I really don't think the difference is that huge.