The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad there are only 10 games left to be played. If there were 15 more, we could've still challanged for the title, considering the facts that we have to play against a lot of the opponents above us on the Bridge, Leicester is going to collapse soon, Spurs don't really look like champions and Arsenal are Arsenal. Too bad Hiddink wasn't appointed earlier this season. 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

I hope this is true I like having guus around the club 

Aye. Tho hes made some team selections that make me shudder hes got one of those characters that make you at least feel its all gonna be ok. Hes not like Mou who puts you on the edge of your chair and want to chin someone.But I'm not sure Id like him as a perm manager cause I think it needs someone more dynamic with a strong character. IMHO of course ;)

On 27/02/2016 at 4:23 PM, MrExcalibur100 said:

This clueless old clown continues to play Hazard and Willian on the wrong wing. How daft do you have to be not to realize that Hazard is much better on the left. Ditto Willian. Play Hazard on the left and Willian on the right. Fucksake, you old shite. 

You know, I sometimes think you'd still have anger toward the manager even if Roman gave you the job.

All of us understand the temptation to rage at everyone who doesn't agree with our opinions but it really isn't good or wise.

44 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not news really. Guus has been hinting at this very heavily at virtually all of his press conferences. He says something like, I shall be at Stamford bridge rather often in future.

They might have given him a seat with the pensioners

1438276901-tumblr-m3wcg1mgcr1qldfgvo1-50

14 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not news really. Guus has been hinting at this very heavily at virtually all of his press conferences. He says something like, I shall be at Stamford bridge rather often in future.

I would put him in as Director of Football IMHO. I would move Emanelo sideways and give him a Director of Player Development role. 

i know people are slating him for team selections, but I don't consider them that bad, he sees the team every day in training and ultimately it's his call and our form has been amazing since he took over. 

I think people forget sometimes that there is an opponent and sometimes players are asked to do a certain job to nullify the opposition, I see Guus using this tactic. I also think the people complaining about his use of younger players need to 'chill out' he's not afraid to pick younger players, but winning the game is essential and he has to select the best team to achieve that goal. 

Hope he is around, it's so nice not being plastered all over the papers and Daily Mail everyday, let the 'football' do the talking is always the best strategy :)

Supporters have a tendency to focus on team selections, which in a squad like we have (small) is really not that important. This is especially true today because our key players from last season have been in poor form and look average - which brings them to the same level with the rest of the squad. 

@Muzchap agreed on tactics. Now, of course we cannot value what we don't see and the info we don't get. Hiddink has obviously improved the team tactically short/med term, and there is merit in that.

However, I stick to my idea that the players have only now, this far in the season, gotten proper fit. Fabregas is the obvious example. This was based on a number of pundits' opinions, some gossip on papers, and my own eyeballs: several chubby players at the start of the season. OK, Diego actually admitted being out of shape at some point, so it's hard not to take that into account.

These type of managers (temps) never play the youngsters because there is no incentive for them to do so. They would incur into risk without any real benefit for them. Unless they are part of the staff, in which case they can get recognized, internally, if they develop or find the right players. Not the case for Hiddink just yet. 

Terry: "Certainly what Guus has done is put himself in the shop window. I bet there's a million clubs out there seeing what he's done." (PA)

Terry: "We are about the here and now and to climb the table. Where we was [in the Premier League table] was unacceptable." #CFC (talkSPORT)

Terry: "The way we was performing under Jose – we didn’t do him or ourselves any credit." #CFC (talkSPORT)

Terry: "The form was always going to come, let’s not take it away from Guus and what he’s done" #CFC (talkSPORT)

Terry: "Guus has come in and picked up the reigns again and put us in the right direction." #CFC (talkSPORT)

Terry: "Who knows? It might be an opportunity for him, or whether he'll stay in a role within the club I'm not sure" #CFC (talkSPORT)

Terry: "Both times Guus (has managed Chelsea he) has been perfect." #CFC (talkSPORT)