The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

He's improved our attacking play so much it's ridiculous. Everyone was looking to pass to the runner in behind the defence and a lot of one two's combination. The players are finally practicing attacking patterns. 

The only problem is how poor our defenders are in making any decision. So many times they hoof the ball under slight pressure without passing to a free man. 

At the moment, it looks pretty good given the lack of quality in centre midfield. But it would be nice if Chelsea could keep up this play for the rest of this calendar year while adding better CMs and some depth at fullback during the summer.

Now that we have SOME momentum, it will be nice to see us not shrink against real opposition in the Prem. If the PSG match is any indication though, I think our midfield will prevent us from dominating matches in the Premier League against strong opponents.

On 2/18/2016 at 2:52 PM, Adnane said:

Well, just sw this : 

or8hs1.jpg 

Progressed two rounds in the Cup, and has a slight disadvantage midway through the Champions League last 8 but a home game to play. 

Fair to say Uncle Guus has done a pretty good job again, didn't do miracles, nobody was expecting him too, but did steady the ship, and I don't know about you, but 3rd, 2nd best attack, 4 away clean sheets in the last 10 matchs and the longest unbeaten active streak ( longest of the season for all teams actually ) is really good if you ask me, means basically that bar Southampton and Tottenham, we have done at least as good or better as the rest of the league. 

You are tying (implying causation) the late results to Hiddink, which is wrong.

Hiddink is one of the many variables, including form, fitness levels, and according to some people around here, the most important of all: the not Mourinho factor (anyone but Jose) 

Simple exercise to help determine causation: do we know how Jose would have fared had he stayed? Would the players perhaps, with time, let go of their grudges and improve their form as they have been doing? The answer is, of course, that we don't know.

20 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Hiddink is one of the many variables, including form, fitness levels, and according to some people around here, the most important of all: the not Mourinho factor (anyone but Jose) 

Simple exercise to help determine causation: do we know how Jose would have fared had he stayed? Would the players perhaps, with time, let go of their grudges and improve their form as they have been doing? The answer is, of course, that we don't know.

If Mourinho was still here, we'd be in the bottom three and Scunthorpe would have dumped us out of the cup. It is abundantly clear, in my eyes at least, that the players had a problem with Mourinho. How else do you explain the sudden transformation? 7 wins, 6 draws and only one defeat in 14 games is unrecognisable to the form we showed under Jose, let alone the style of play being totally different. 

21 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

If Mourinho was still here, we'd be in the bottom three and Scunthorpe would have dumped us out of the cup. It is abundantly clear, in my eyes at least, that the players had a problem with Mourinho. How else do you explain the sudden transformation? 7 wins, 6 draws and only one defeat in 14 games is unrecognisable to the form we showed under Jose, let alone the style of play being totally different. 

Not so sure about bottom of the table, but agree sacking Jose immediately improved morale. However, the transformation wasn't that sudden to me at least.

But, even in your own argument, the difference is not Hiddink, but the fact that he is not Mourinho, as I pointed out earlier.

In other words, would ANY other manager be able to do similar as Hiddink, or perhaps better? We don't know.

Besides, what we need is a manager, not a coach. We need a guy who can help revamp this weak squad. Like I said before, Hiddink is a waste of time as most tampon managers are. Using a temp manager is even more baffling when you consider we don't have a target perm manager yet.

59 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Can we really 'know' anything? Can knowledge be acquired through our biologically limited senses and our subjective consciousness? If we can't turn around and see the real objects in front of the fire but can only observe the shadows they make on the wall, do the objects really exist? Does REALITY even exist?! Time is a mere trick of our perception. The tree does not fall unless someone hears it. If what we perceive as reality depends on subjective consciousness then life is nonexistent and irrelevant!! SUICIDE IS THE ONLY LOGICAL CHOICE! 

8 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Can we really 'know' anything? Can knowledge be acquired through our biologically limited senses and our subjective consciousness? If we can't turn around and see the real objects in front of the fire but can only observe the shadows they make on the wall, do the objects really exist? Does REALITY even exist?! Time is a mere trick of our perception. The tree does not fall unless someone hears it. If what we perceive as reality depends on subjective consciousness then life is nonexistent and irrelevant!! SUICIDE IS THE ONLY LOGICAL CHOICE! 

Whatever... Lol

identifying causation is absolutely possible and done all the time. That's a big part of my job actually.

folks here, and in football in general, are the ones who have a problem with it.

some times there is a direct link between cause and consequence, other times there simply isn't.

it kinda makes sense some may think Hiddink is a magician though... To each his own.

8 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Whatever... Lol

identifying causation is absolutely possible and done all the time. That's a big part of my job actually.

folks here, and in football in general, are the ones who have a problem with it.

:lol:

Yeah, but causation doesn't even matter when we've all committed suicide.....check mate! :P

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Didn't he just return from injury?

Either way, I'm baffled that whenever Oscar is used, he's being asked to play out wide.

He does less damage to the team if he loses the ball on the wing, he has more time and space out wide and he offers his fullback good protection. And Willian/Fabregas are simply performing better at #10 currently.

49 minutes ago, DYC. said:

He does less damage to the team if he loses the ball on the wing, he has more time and space out wide and he offers his fullback good protection. And Willian/Fabregas are simply performing better at #10 currently.

He's rubbish out wide. Better off playing him as the No.10 or don't playing him at all.

Today isn't probably the best day to commend Guus Hiddink, seeing how we were playing an inferior side, but it must be said...

I fuckin love this man. Has truly steadied what was a sinking ship. 

Feels like years ago since our manager was the headline heading into a match. Peace has definitely been restored round Stamford Bridge. 

It's great to see players like Cesc, Mikel, Costa, and the squad as a whole, regain their confidence in playing the beautiful game. Guus has really been a blessing to Chelsea FC during both his spells here. If he wins another FA Cup...certified Legend in my book. 

11 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Today isn't probably the best day to commend Guus Hiddink, seeing how we were playing an inferior side, but it must be said...

I fuckin love this man. Has truly steadied what was a sinking ship. 

Feels like years ago since our manager was the headline heading into a match. Peace has definitely been restored round Stamford Bridge. 

It's great to see players like Cesc, Mikel, Costa, and the squad as a whole, regain their confidence in playing the beautiful game. Guus has really been a blessing to Chelsea FC during both his spells here. If he wins another FA Cup...certified Legend in my book. 

100% agreed. His calmness has REALLY helped the club alot imo. Back in December, we were scared shitless going into every single games with a thought of defeat in mind. Guus has made our players playing decent attacking football again. Watching us plays nowadays is a joy, Guus has done a really great job so far in his interim. I can't ask for more tbh.

I wish Guus was 25 years old younger than he is atm, he would be a nice long term manager for us.

Let's hope the squad can go on and win this man something in this season before he retires as a football manager.

13 hours ago, Robguima said:

Not so sure about bottom of the table, but agree sacking Jose immediately improved morale. However, the transformation wasn't that sudden to me at least.

But, even in your own argument, the difference is not Hiddink, but the fact that he is not Mourinho, as I pointed out earlier.

In other words, would ANY other manager be able to do similar as Hiddink, or perhaps better? We don't know.

Besides, what we need is a manager, not a coach. We need a guy who can help revamp this weak squad. Like I said before, Hiddink is a waste of time as most tampon managers are. Using a temp manager is even more baffling when you consider we don't have a target perm manager yet.

I kinda disagree - Guus has been here before and achieved similar things, the fact he's doing it again adds strength to my statement :) 

i don't think Brendan Rodgers would have been a good appointment. 

I see Guus a lot like RdM - very calm, nice, respected - but with a strong will to win, the AVB and Mourinho situations are comparable, both lost the dressing room and both left under a cloud. We couldn't defend under either manager ;) - I hope Guus brings us at least one trophy this season.

the real test though will be the new appointment - I'm dreading that...