The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Shouldn't also forget another of Hiddink's brainfart decision - introducing Matic and Oscar instead of Loftus-Cheek and Miazga when were 4-1 (FOUR-ONE) up against City's reserves in the FA Cup. :doh:

I love Guus and think he has done a great job in transforming our fortunes. Whilst 6 wins and 7 draws doesn't sound fantastic, it is top six form, and 25 points out of 39 means we're picking up ~65% of the points available to us, at just under two per game. That's a big improvement on our early season form. However, his substitutions have been nothing short of atrocious at times and have cost us easy points.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Shouldn't also forget another of Hiddink's brainfart decision - introducing Matic and Oscar instead of Loftus-Cheek and Miazga when were 4-1 (FOUR-ONE) up against City's reserves in the FA Cup. :doh:

Miazga might become a terrific future player. Now he is a former MLS players who wasn't fully fit at that game.

1 minute ago, Yeboii said:

Miazga might become a terrific future player. Now he is a former MLS players who wasn't fully fit at that game.

If he wasn't fully fit, then why was he even on the bench? He's had more than 1 month of training etc. Plus, we were 4-1 up and were playing against a side who couldn't be bothered at all. If that's not the time to give a player a chance to work up their fitness level, to show what he can do, then when are we going to do that?

36 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

I love Guus and think he has done a great job in transforming our fortunes. Whilst 6 wins and 7 draws doesn't sound fantastic, it is top six form, and 25 points out of 39 means we're picking up ~65% of the points available to us, at just under two per game. That's a big improvement on our early season form. However, his substitutions have been nothing short of atrocious at times and have cost us easy points.

Cost us easy points?

Have you seen the league table? 

The world has evolved and now there is no such thing as 'easy points' - those days are history, now any club can beat another. 

Criticise the substitutions as much as you want, but at that point, to me, it's the scraping of the bottom of the barrel on negatives to find.., ????

3 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Cost us easy points?

Have you seen the league table? 

The world has evolved and now there is no such thing as 'easy points' - those days are history, now any club can beat another. 

Criticise the substitutions as much as you want, but at that point, to me, it's the scraping of the bottom of the barrel on negatives to find.., ????

Easy points indeed - losing points from winning positions against West Brom, Watford, and Stoke is pretty inexcusable, and in each of those three games, Hiddink's decisions were somewhat puzzling. Seems more than coincidence that links his poor decisions with poor results. 

As for the league "evolving" - I disagree. Next season will be back to "usual". This is just a ridiculous, crazy season, and I would be amazed if we see a repeat next year!

On 06/03/2016 at 4:35 PM, BlueLion said:

Easy points indeed - losing points from winning positions against West Brom, Watford, and Stoke is pretty inexcusable, and in each of those three games, Hiddink's decisions were somewhat puzzling. Seems more than coincidence that links his poor decisions with poor results. 

As for the league "evolving" - I disagree. Next season will be back to "usual". This is just a ridiculous, crazy season, and I would be amazed if we see a repeat next year!

Their has been sent baffling draws under Guus but ultimately if we take the table from when he took over we will be second, four points behind Spurs with them still to come here.

Hiddink has delivered a points tally that this season would be enough for a title shot (if season started when he took over) whether it would on a usual season is  irrelevant, as far as this season goes Hiddink is delivering a title challenging number of points so far in his tenure and given the mess he inherited that's very impressive.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Their has been sent baffling draws under Guus but ultimately if we take the table from when he took over we will be second, four points behind Spurs with them still to come here.

Hiddink has delivered a points tally that this season would be enough for a title shot (if season started when he took over) whether it would on a usual season is  irrelevant, as far as this season goes Hiddink is delivering a title challenging number of points so far in his tenure and given the mess he inherited that's very impressive.

As for what you've just said, I've said earlier in this topic. Nevertheless, we have dropped some stupid points and he has to take some responsibility, as manager, for that.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just noticed that our remaining 4 home league games are against 4 of the current top 5 - West Ham, Man City, Spurs and Leicester.

We're probably not going to win another home game this season. :lol:

Don't forget PSG up next :lol:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Just noticed that our remaining 4 home league games are against 4 of the current top 5 - West Ham, Man City, Spurs and Leicester.

Or abig part to play in deciding the title :)

18 hours ago, Jason said:

If we only win one of those, PLEASE let it be against Spurs.

31 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

If we only win one of those, PLEASE let it be against Spurs.

And if we only lose of those, PLEASE let it be against Leicester. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually want us to lose that one :P Nothing would be worse than giving Spurs the championship because Leicester loses the final game against us. The football world would never forgive Chelsea for that...

On 07/03/2016 at 6:17 PM, !Hazard! said:

And if we only lose of those, PLEASE let it be against Leicester. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually want us to lose that one :P Nothing would be worse than giving Spurs the championship because Leicester loses the final game against us. The football world would never forgive Chelsea for that...

I really hope Leicester do it before then, if they win it on the last day at Stamford Bridge that means they will likely be the last team to lift it  at the old Stamford Bridge unless we got it back next season.

Furthermore even if we don't put that into account, seeing a team other than us lift the league at SW6 would be depressing, so hopefully they can secure it week before and lift it at The Kingpower.

5 hours ago, Adnane said:

He had a couple of lucky draws, but he also did it with a side that had lost 9 in 17 before he came...

People need to make up their mind.

People want the team to be strong in adversity, to be capable of reacting when losing etc. But when we do that, people then moan about the manager being lucky.