The Mourinho Thread

i made a mistake of quoting "mrblueguy" who supposedly thinks that klopp (relegation zone in bundesliga) and simeone who cant win an away game if his life depended on it.

like u said, we lost a game we should not have and he should be critisized (though i put the majority of blame on the players). but any nincompoop who asks for a league cup and 5 points top of the table with a game hand, manager to be sacked is not worth the time and effort.

Great point but your leaving something out.

Simeone Atletico and klopp budget ain't the same as Chelsea.

If you should be comparing us then it should be to City pellegrini as we are in the same category.

And in that view Mourinho will have achieved exactly the same thing pellegrini did last season.

Carling cup, Premier League and last 16...

Always been an admirer of Mou's defensive approach and counter attacking football. But at the current Chelsea, we're not even solid defensively.

Corners/Crosses:

Can you count how many we've conceded through crosses or corners lately?

Aston Villa 1-1 (cross)

Burnley 1-1 (corner)

1st leg PSG, 1-1 (cross)

+ 3-4 headed chances, thank Courtois for not conceding more.

Westham 0-1, thanks to Courtois and Sakho for not conceding.

2nd leg PSG, 2 goals through corners, Silva is 1m83 and many of ours are near 1m90. How could he have those 2 free headers?

We used to grind out 1-0/2-1 with good defending and especially in set pieces/crosses with big guys. What's the problem? Is it Cech, who normally organizes the defence? Now we have Terry to do that, could that be a problem?

I like Courtois, but if that's the problem, Mou should let Courtois organize the defence or recall Cech. We looked quite impressive in the 2-0 COC final btw and have many clean sheets with Cech this season, coincidence?

I'm laughing my ass off at these comments if wanting to sack Mourinho, yes he has made some mistakes this season and yes we've not been playing nice football the last few months but we just fucking won the Capitol Cup and the EPL is ours to lose.

From potential Quadruple to Capital One Cup only be the end of the season is sackable offense to me. If we win the BPL though I would give him another year but he needs to learn from this mistake, or he will have to go in summer 2016.

The reason why we're leaking goals is because as soon as we get a goal we drop so deep that PSG actually end of having chances with 10 men. We need to put pressure instead so that we atleast get a second goal or that we can keep a cleansheet. You can't drop deep and expect the likes of Cavani, Lavezzi etc do nothing. The same tactic that lost us the games against Tottenham, Newcastle etc, lost us this game aswell. Shit has got to change or we this will happen next year in the CL again.

From potential Quadruple to Capital One Cup only be the end of the season is sackable offense to me. If we win the BPL though I would give him another year but he needs to learn from this mistake, or he will have to go in summer 2016.

Don't be silly. The quadruple was never going to happen. I had a better chance ending up with Kelly Brook.

Who is supposed to take over after sacking Mou btw?

Don't be silly. The quadruple was never going to happen. I had a better chance ending up with Kelly Brook.

Who is supposed to take over after sacking Mou btw?

If someone like pellegrini can do the same as Mourinho while playing better with the same resources then I will say anyone better then pellegrini.

But not now since we are in course of winning the Premier League.

Next season if we regress then it will be time.

Because many people are forgetting the resources equation when comparing managers.

Give someone similar resources and might produce the same as we seen in city.

If you should be comparing us then it should be to City pellegrini as we are in the same category.

And in that view Mourinho will have achieved exactly the same thing pellegrini did last season.

would be amazing to see Simeone or Klopp as EPL managers

The thing is, no one has been 'good enough'. Ranieri, Grant, Scolari, Ancelotti, AVB, RDM, Benitez. There is no manager that is visibly superior to Mou, looking at the results that is. So you can sack Mou, but it will be the same for any manager that takes over. Unless you get lucky and get someone who delivers instant and great succes.

Look at Barca. After Pep, they went with Tito. Not good enough. Then Martino. Not good enough. Now Enrique. Not good enough.. no wait, there's been a revival so let's give him some more time. If he does not win the title or CL, he'll probably not be good enough either.

Even though I'm not his biggest fan, it would probably be for the best to stick with Mou for the next 4-5 years. Unless there's some freakish decline of course, that goes without saying.

Ancelotti and Benitez have a case I think.

Carlo one good season and bad season.

Benitez hated by many but was not that bad.

Mourinho so far one good season and bad.

Giving the resources of Chelsea I have not seen nothing of greatness that some other manager cannot do.

Again giving the resources.

But I agree with you, there's no point sacking now.

It will be more of a concern if next season we are in the same situation.

By then we can say he will never learn as he's just stubborn.

what budget? are u kidding me?

we have a net spend of 42mil pounds in the last 2 years under jose (thorgan not included).

bvb have a net spend of 66.7 mil euros.

now just tell me what percentage of ATM's goals this season have been thru open plays and set pieces. whenever i have watched atm this season, they hav been woeful (except against RM) and generally have had to rely on the set piece dominance. whats worse is simeone and jose are very much alike in their approach to the game. i saw both of ATM's latest games against valencia and sevilla and anyone who is complaining about jose being negative would not even have mentioned simeone as a replacement.

classic case of people just wanting something different even if its no where near as good.

ps - compared to us city have had a net spend of 125mil pounds. almost thrice our sum. city had a proper set team compared to ours which was in transition. well, comparing jose and pelegrini is one of the worst things u can do here.

what budget? are u kidding me?

we have a net spend of 42mil pounds in the last 2 years under jose (thorgan not included).

bvb have a net spend of 66.7 mil euros.

now just tell me what percentage of ATM's goals this season have been thru open plays and set pieces. whenever i have watched atm this season, they hav been woeful (except against RM) and generally have had to rely on the set piece dominance. whats worse is simeone and jose are very much alike in their approach to the game. i saw both of ATM's latest games against valencia and sevilla and anyone who is complaining about jose being negative would not even have mentioned simeone as a replacement.

classic case of people just wanting something different even if its no where near as good.

ps - compared to us city have had a net spend of 125mil pounds. almost thrice our sum. city had a proper set team compared to ours which was in transition. well, comparing jose and pelegrini is one of the worst things u can do here.

This isn't Chelsea of 2005 anymore, his net spend since return has been £36m, in this current football market that is fuck all, and has managed to turn around an unbalanced mess of a squad into title material.

Would 'any' manager pull that off? not a chance, for perspective LVG got given a blank chequebook last summer and created an even bigger mess than what he inherited.

Well if you guys going on about Net spend, I think that's what Real Madrid has been doing as of late.

Buy and then sell.

Di Maria recently, Ozil last season.

But it's still not the same comparing that with A. Madrid and Dortmund.

I still say you have to compare us with City, Real Madrid and such that have big budget and assets.