The Mourinho Thread

Good signs. Looks like the three amigos may not be in any danger. Also I had a random thought (after reading some deluded posts on Redcafe), that we have quite a better first team.

If you were to take the best players from both squads in a 4-2-3-1, you'd get

----------------------------Cech-------------------------

---Rafael--------Luiz----------Vidic-----------Cole----

--------------------Carrick-----Oscar-------------------

-----De Bruyne-------Mata----------Hazard----------

---------------------------RVP----------------------------

7 Chelsea players to 4 United. We may yet also get De Rossi which would displace Carrick. We won't get a striker better than RVP anymore though. The obvious omission is Kagawa. He hasn't proven much in the PL, although not all his fault. However what is obvious is that he is not at his best wide. He won't play ahead of Mata in the hole or Hazard on the left. De Bruyne is far better suited to play wide right.

Their first 11 is quite...underwhelming. I think they'll get found out one way or another now that there's no Fergie to compensate for their team's averageness.

This was what he said in regards to playing style

'I want to make the Chelsea fans happy – by results, by our playing style, by the mentality and the personality of the team,"

Where does it say about playing the football Abramovich supposedly "wants"?

Shit journalism, as always.

Good signs. Looks like the three amigos may not be in any danger. Also I had a random thought (after reading some deluded posts on Redcafe), that we have quite a better first team.

7 Chelsea players to 4 United. We may yet also get De Rossi which would displace Carrick. We won't get a striker better than RVP anymore though. The obvious omission is Kagawa. He hasn't proven much in the PL, although not all his fault. However what is obvious is that he is not at his best wide. He won't play ahead of Mata in the hole or Hazard on the left. De Bruyne is far better suited to play wide right.

Their first 11 is quite...underwhelming. I think they'll get found out one way or another now that there's no Fergie to compensate for their team's averageness.

Rafael over Azpilicueta? sorry man, I can't agree on that.

You can argue Azpi over Rafael, but I like Rafael too, he struggled against us but overall he was pretty awesome last season. I'd argue Evra over Cole, Cole was disappointing last season and Evra bounced back and had a good season I thought. Vidic is class when he plays but he's barely played now for almost 2 years, I'd replace him with Rio tbh. I'd replace Oscar with Ramires too.

Our first 11 is def better than United and possibly the entire EPL but United won it cause of Fergie and they had great depth within their squad. If you create a first XI and second XI then I bet United might eclipse us (last year, probably not now).

0,,10268~11788750,00.jpg

Dave says hi. Makes that 8-3 as far as I'm concerned.

Except De Bruyne has never played a game in the Premier League and Oscar hasn't played at all in central midfield. There's no way either makes the team yet IMO. The only Chelsea players that would certainly be in the best XI are Cech, Cole, Luiz, Hazard, and Mata. I can see an argument for Azpilicueta as well.

Except De Bruyne has never played a game in the Premier League and Oscar hasn't played at all in central midfield. There's no way either makes the team yet IMO. The only Chelsea players that would certainly be in the best XI are Cech, Cole, Luiz, Hazard, and Mata. I can see an argument for Azpilicueta as well.

And Ramires.

I'm still interested in seeing if he continues with the style of play.

We have been playing some attractive football last season, so if he can continue that then great.

Also if he can approach the situation of strikers better. Like no favoritism to Torres!

I still don't expect us to do that great this season. At best I would think we finish second in the PL, and maybe a Capital One Cup or FA Cup to the mix.

I would also like to get to the Quarter Finals of the CL this new season.

So no big expectations for me even though we have Mourinho back. The squad the club is building still needs time to be at it's peak. Just like Mourinho said it will take a season or two.

This is the point i have been making for years. Apart from 10/11, i believe our first Xl has been better than Man.Utd in every season under Abramovich, but their is a reason they win the league's and we win the cup's, because they have a stronger squad. They know the true value of the John o Shea's off this world, something we haven't quite mastered yet.

Spot on Tomo!!!!

If we had kept Lukaku and KdB plus a few others last season we might have won the league :)

Onwards and upwards :)

So no big expectations for me even though we have Mourinho back. The squad the club is building still needs time to be at it's peak. Just like Mourinho said it will take a season or two.

That's what Mourinho said, he told the press in 2004 it would be tough to win the title of the unbeaten Arsenal team, yet in the dressing room was marking down Bolton away as the game we would win it.

I'm still interested in seeing if he continues with the style of play.

We have been playing some attractive football last season, so if he can continue that then great.

Also if he can approach the situation of strikers better. Like no favoritism to Torres!

I still don't expect us to do that great this season. At best I would think we finish second in the PL, and maybe a Capital One Cup or FA Cup to the mix.

I would also like to get to the Quarter Finals of the CL this new season.

About playing style:

'I want to make the Chelsea fans happy – by results, by our playing style, by the mentality and the personality of the team,' he said.

So this could potentially mean the same playing style. but who knows..