The Mourinho Thread

Moratti 'would take Mou back'

Massimo Moratti has confessed that he would like to see Jose Mourinho back at Inter. “I’m very fond of him, he’s special.”

Mourinho led Inter to the Treble in 2010 and was sacked by Manchester United on Tuesday, while Moratti was the Nerazzurri President who took the Coach to San Siro.

“The hope for the New Year is that we do better, returning to the Champions League without underestimating the two cups we’re still in,” he said before the club’s Christmas dinner.

“Icardi’s decisive and we can’t lose him. Marotta’s experience can help Zhang. He’ll offer important support.

“Would I like Mourinho back at Inter? Yes, I’m very fond of him. However, we’ll give time to Spalletti to prove his worth.

“Simeone? I love him too, but Mou is special.”

https://www.football-italia.net/132233/moratti-would-take-mou-back

Manchester United players "got away with murder" and behaved "shamefully" towards sacked manager Jose Mourinho, says former captain Roy Keane.

Keane said it was indicative of modern players' behaviour, whom he says are "very weak human beings".

Mourinho was sacked on Tuesday, with former striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appointed caretaker manager until the end of the season.

"You would fall out with these players," Keane told BBC Radio 5 live.

"Players who turn up overweight, do not train properly and are not producing... For some to down tools, shame on some of those players.

"I am not Jose's biggest fan, but I can't tolerate footballers who hide behind agents, their pals in the media - it is a bit of a joke."

Jose Mourinho in 2013: "There are lots of people on TV, but nobody is a Chelsea man. We don’t have one. When I retire, 75 years old, I go as a pundit to defend Chelsea on television.“

January 19th 2019- Jose Mourinho will be a pundit for Arsenal vs Chelsea on BEIN Sports

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Jose Mourinho in 2013: "There are lots of people on TV, but nobody is a Chelsea man. We don’t have one. When I retire, 75 years old, I go as a pundit to defend Chelsea on television.“

January 19th 2019- Jose Mourinho will be a pundit for Arsenal vs Chelsea on BEIN Sports

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Plot twist - he will be supporting the gooners.

Mourinho: I 'fell in love' with Salah at Chelsea, club sanctioned sale

Jose Mourinho has said he "fell in love" with Mohamed Salah before signing him for Chelsea, but that the Egypt international became a "lost kid in London" during his time at Stamford Bridge.

Salah made 19 appearances for Chelsea after sealing an £11 million move from FC Basel in 2014 before moving to Fiorentina on loan in February 2015. Chelsea then sold Salah permanently to Roma in August 2016 before the forward returned to the Premier League with Liverpool at the start of the 2017-18 season.

Salah has since gone on to become one of the biggest stars in the Premier League and a key figure in Jurgen Klopp's team, but Mourinho has reiterated that, rather than cast him aside as Chelsea manager, he actually gave him his big chance.

"Let me start with Salah, because lots of things have been told that are not true," Mourinho said on beIN SPORTS. "People try to identify me as the coach that sold Salah.

"I am the coach that bought Salah, so it is completely the wrong idea. I played against Basel in the Champions League and Salah was a kid in Basel. When I play against a certain team, I analyse the players for a long time and I fell in love with that kid.

"I bought the kid, I pushed the club to buy him and we already had fantastic attacking players like [Eden] Hazard, Willian. Top talent, but I told them to buy that kid."

Mourinho said, however, that Salah's failure to claim a regular spot at Chelsea led to the unhappiness that prompted his move to Italy.

"He was just a lost kid in London, a lost kid in a new world," Mourinho said. "We wanted to work him to become better and better, but he wanted to play and not wait.

"So we put him on loan in Italy -- technical, physical football -- a good place to play. Fiorentina had no pressure to win a title, but when the club decided to sell him, it was not me.

"But I bought him, not sell him and my relationship with him was good.

"I think he doesn't regret that move because the progression went well, but he was just a kid who wanted to play every week and I couldn't give him that."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3753200/mourinho-i-fell-in-love-with-salah-at-chelseaclub-sanctioned-sale

I agree with him, the club sold him. 

Starting to look more like himself. Slimmed down too.

Wonder whether he would return to Inter. 

Recently claimed they were the best team he's ever coached (which is true based on the trophy count).

I think he's had enough of managing in the PL for at least a while.

I think Mourinho style of running a team doesn't suit modern younger footballers. He was with Bobby Robson at Barcelona when they had players like Ronaldo, Guardiola, Stoichkov etc, at Chelsea he got Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Cech, at Inter Zanetti, Materazzi, Eto'o, Milito, Zlatan. In the current times you need to treat players like an egg. It's FB, Instagram and selfie kind generation of a players. Super easily they get offended. Example of Ronaldo at Madrid. After he left he spoked out that he was treat as a merchandise at Madrid but he was very professional about and it doesn't stopped him from being beast on the pitch. He's also not the kind of player to collapse after the criticism.

As much as like Mourinho he shouldn't coming back here for the 3rd time as long as there is at least one player on the squad that who used to work with during his last spell at Chelsea. Also or club needs restructurise because we're about quick fix and instant results, everything what can't be fix in 3 months doesn't have the right to go on much further. Even Klopp wouldn't get here as much time as he did at Liverpool.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Starting to look more like himself. Slimmed down too.

Wonder whether he would return to Inter. 

Recently claimed they were the best team he's ever coached (which is true based on the trophy count).

I think he's had enough of managing in the PL for at least a while.

You look at him. EVERY season he looks relaxed.healthy,alert. No bags under his eyes. And by the end of the season he looks absolutely fucked up!

For someone who can supposedly thrive on stress he doesn't seem to handle it very well at all.

Jose Mourinho reveals he was 'dying' in laundry basket during incredible Chelsea incident

JOSE MOURINHO has relived the stunning story of how he nearly died as he hid from UEFA officials in a laundry basket in 2005.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1074894/Jose-Mourinho-laundry-basket-Chelsea-UEFA-Champions-League