The Mourinho Thread

Imagine his team winning in the 90th minute by a three goal margin, if he could he would substitute his whole team for teenagers, and after the match he would probably be boasting about winning the game with kids. :D What a clown! So glad I don't have to defend his behavior anymore, I can just sit back and enjoy the comedy. :)

He went down in my estimations after that passion comment, yes Jose let's see if United fans chant you're name if you are one point of relegation.

Had to laugh when he said he was frustrated United weren't in the CL, after last season he's lucky to even be in Europa.

17 hours ago, Jason said:

No but what gives him the right to say that the people at United love the club more than others elsewhere? Are you telling me that those other people don't love the club that they work at as much as those fellas apparently do at United? It's so bloody obvious that Mourinho is being hypocritical and pandering towards United, just because they are his new club.

That's what every manager and player says when they join a new club, especially when they join Liverpool.

'Best club in the World', 'Best supporters' -its all a big load of bollocks

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He went down in my estimations after that passion comment, yes Jose let's see if United fans chant you're name if you are one point of relegation.

Had to laugh when he said he was frustrated United weren't in the CL, after last season he's lucky to even be in Europa.

Well that comment had nothing to do with the fans, he had nothing but good words about Chelsea fans.
No one has been behind the scenes both at Chelsea and United, so I've no idea why people are raging at those comments.
People try to defend Courtois for far more dumb quotes and yet they bash José for every little thing.

4 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Well that comment had nothing to do with the fans, he had nothing but good words about Chelsea fans.
No one has been behind the scenes both at Chelsea and United, so I've no idea why people are raging at those comments.
People try to defend Courtois for far more dumb quotes and yet they bash José for every little thing.

If that's the case, then I apologise and take it back.

The CL/Ropey league comments still stand however.

From the minute he signed for the club I absolutely despise, he's kinda dead to me. I appreciate what he did for us and I wish him all the very best of his private life but professionally, all I want is his failure.

‘José Mourinho gave me my opportunity. I fell short of being good enough’

Steven Watt was on the list of 55 players Mourinho produced to show he gives youth a chance. The defender was given only 92 minutes of action at Chelsea but says Manchester United’s starlets will get game time if they are up to the mark.

1381.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Steven Watt knew his phone was going to ring at some point this week. As soon as José Mourinho, in anticipation of the inevitable question at his first press conference as Manchester United manager, produced a list featuring Watt and all the other young players he has apparently nurtured from the nest, someone was bound to ask.

The list of 55 players does, shall we say, occasionally depart from reality, but Watt genuinely was a player handed his debut by Mourinho at Chelsea. Indeed, he is perhaps as well placed as anyone to talk about the chances Mourinho gives young players, and equally could be the most likely to offer a negative view. The Scottish centre-back was 19 when Mourinho arrived at Chelsea in 2004, and appeared in the new man’s first game in charge of the team, a friendly against Oxford. However, after that Watt made just two competitive appearances for the first team – one a start against Scunthorpe in the third round of the FA Cup, the other a few minutes as a substitute against Newcastle in the final game of the season, with the league title already won.

So does Watt think that, with a total of around 92 minutes in the first team he was given enough of a chance? “I think I was,” he says. “I’m a firm believer that if you were good enough, you’d get your opportunity. I fell short of being good enough. When you’re at a club like Chelsea, you have to be exceptional. John Terry has been exceptional for club and country for a long time. If you’re a youngster at these clubs, you have to be at that level to break through.”

There’s no bitterness in Watt’s voice as he talks about his time at Stamford Bridge, and has a matter-of-fact acceptance that the job of a young player at a club such as Chelsea is incredibly difficult. “I was fifth-choice centre-half when I was there. Wherever José has gone, he likes two players per position, and I was unfortunate, if you like, that I had Terry, Ricardo Carvalho, William Gallas and Robert Huth in front of me.”

The only hint of negativity in Watt’s words appear in mild disappointment that he didn’t play just one more game. Chelsea won Watt’s first start 3-1, then faced Birmingham, at that stage a top-flight team, in the fourth round of the FA Cup. “I thought I did well against Scunthorpe,” he says, “I did feel a little bit disappointed that I wasn’t in the squad for that game, at least on the bench. I can’t sit here and say I wouldn’t have liked to have played more – of course I would – but I do believe I was given a chance, but I didn’t quite make the grade.”

The following season Watt went on loan to Barnsley, where he got a taste for first-team football, so a permanent transfer to Swansea was arranged in January 2006. “If I hadn’t left,” he says, “I believe I would’ve played more.” After that, injuries blighted his career (he twice dislocated a shoulder), only making more than 50 appearances at one club, Ross County. He is now assistant manager of Hastings, in the Ryman League Division One South.

Maybe surprisingly, Watt paints a picture of Mourinho as a man who used humour as part of his man-management. “It was all played down, he was laughing and joking with me,” Watt says of his debut. “His man-management is as you’d imagine; he really knows how to get the best out of every individual. He was always good for a practical joke here and there.

“Billy McCulloch [Chelsea’s masseur] was involved with Scotland, and they made up a letter from the Scottish FA, saying they didn’t want his services any more. José called Billy into his office and gave him a good talking to, said he’d let the club down etc. I think John Terry was behind that, and got Mourinho involved. On José’s his first day, the boys tied Bill – it was always Bill – to a chair and put him in Mourinho’s office, with his feet up on the desk. Mourinho just took him out and wheeled him down the corridor, tied to the chair.”

Watt is dismissive of the idea that Mourinho ignores young players. “His responsibility is with the first team – they’ve got to win. That was instilled in everyone on his first day. But he was aware of players in the youth team set-up. It wasn’t like he didn’t know anyone’s names. He knew who everyone was. When he first came to the club his first sessions were with the first team, the reserves, the under-19s, all as one.”

As for anyone worried about the youngsters at Manchester United, Watt offers some form of reassurance. “I always believed that if I was good enough I’d play. United have got good youngsters there, so if they’re good enough, he’ll give them a chance.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/07/jose-mourinho-steven-watt-young-players-chelsea-manchester-united?CMP=share_btn_tw

On 7/6/2016 at 0:21 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

That's what every manager and player says when they join a new club, especially when they join Liverpool.

'Best club in the World', 'Best supporters' -its all a big load of bollocks

Yep. Joe Cole is the perfect example. He was holding his vomit till he left Merseyside 

JM About utd:

‘I think I understood that it was a special place before I joined. It was 2004, and my first contact with the club and with the stadium, and with the fans in spite of the fact that they were obviously against me. It was enough to feel that it was special.

‘After that, it is history. And history, nobody can delete, I always say that. And history is amazing. It is not one generation of success, but consecutive generations of success. So, history makes it also special.

'It's a stadium where you have a 50-metre walk [from the tunnel to the dug-out], which is different to my previous clubs. 

'In all my previous clubs the tunnel was connected with the bench; there wasn't that space to feel good or bad feelings, because when things go well you normally feel the good feelings and when things go wrong you feel the bad feelings.

'I think the 50-metre walk will give me a few seconds where I will have the chance to feel it.' 

And the whole stadium singing your name when the situation was really, really bad is probably worth nothing.

Jose Mourinho aims subtle dig at ‘one generation’ Chelsea

Default author image
Simon Rice for Metro.co.ukTuesday 12 Jul 2016 9:38 am

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/12/jose-mourinho-aims-subtle-dig-at-one-generation-chelsea-6001452/

Jose Mourinho has said Manchester United’s rich history, rather than just ‘one generation of success’, is what makes the club special.

The comments will likely be seen as a subtle dig at former employers Chelsea where sustained success has only existed since the arrival of Roman Abramovich and his rubles in 2003.

Mourinho has revelled in talking up the status of his new employers since being unveiled as the successor to Louis van Gaal and he continued that at an Adidas promotional event.

Asked what made United special, Mourinho reminisced about his first trip to Old Trafford as a manager when his Porto side stunned the Red Devils on their way to Champions League success in 2004.

I think Mourinho has seen better days as a coach. For some reason I feel he will be an absolute debacle at United and they'll be marginally better than last year on account of their buys this summer.