The Mourinho Thread

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

Well they did appoint David Moyes at one stage...

I'll wait until United have confirmed the Mourinho move.

They did and they made a huge mistake. There's too much pressure now for them not to appoint Mourinho.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Yeah!

They made a huge mistake and appointed....Louis van Gaal???

And LvG is STILL an United manager after getting countless sackable offense results?

And when some United board members don't like Mourinho?

I wouldn't trust the United board if I put my money on it. Even the United fans don't trust their board anymore.

That's why I'll wait until official confirmation.

They didn't have anyone better to appoint in 2014. And LVG looked like a good coach with a good CV. Mourinho just doesn't want to come to this mess now. He wants to come in Summer. Of course we will have to wait for official confirmation but every little detail now leads to Man United job.

17 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Meanwhile:

Manchester United are ready to deliver a huge snub to Jose Mourinho by pressing ahead with a succession plan for Ryan Giggs. [Mirror]

United source: "Appointing Mourinho would only paper over the cracks. The club have a long-term plan that they intend to stick to.“ [Mirror]

I don't think they'll make that mistake. The "United way" is a mantra of the club fans, not a billionaire club owner.

Remember they sacked Moyes to go for a proven manager (Van Gaal does have a successful career and actually did well managing the Netherlands). That means the "United way" was thrown down the gutter with Moyes.

They can't afford another failed experiment. MU already has deep problems, which will be aggravated by missing out on the CL this year (they'll find it harder to attract better players and will miss out on CL money). If they keep up that situation for another 2/3 seasons, they'll turn into another Liverpool for the next decade. By then Jose will be at another club.

Also, let's say Giggs turns out to be a decent manager. "Decent" is not enough to compete in a league with Guardiola, Wenger, Klopp, Pochettino and perhaps Simeone. He'd have to be world class. What are the odds of that?

Choosing between Giggs and Mourinho is choosing between the hope to get 4th place or the hope to get 1st. I doubt the owners will think twice.

Surely Mourinho has to share the blame for what happened this season, but some people make him as some sort of antichrist, who came and plunged the world into chaos. Don't take serious his words of "this squad can't be improved". He also said: "Even if we say we’re very happy with our squad, we lie, because we always want to make it better". As for Schurrle, Salah, Luis, Luiz etc. Sure, they would have been useful players, but it wasn't Mourinho politics, that he can't buy someone, until club sell someone.

53 minutes ago, Henrique said:

At this point I still don't understand how some people refuse to blame Mourinho for the weak squad we have at the moment. I remember days ago that the next manager will have a huge task in rebuilding this squad. I saw many people saying its a proof that Mourinho was a victim of Emenalo not buying the right players, and Mourinho this team needed reinforcements. 

First thing we should be asking is if Mourinho really believed this squad is as weak as it really is. Every single manager in the world will be willing to add new players every season, but did Mourinho really realized this team is weak as it is?

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=554099

Well, Mourinho  was saying in the summer it was really difficult to improve this squad, because its diffcult to find a better midfielder than Fabregas and MATIC (!!!), so the squad needed 2 or 3 players in order to avoid difficults due to injuries. We also have to remember Mourinho spent last season praising the back four Azpi, Cahill, Terry, Ivanovic. He was so happy with that back 4, he even allowed Luis to be sold back to Madrid after only one season. Before the season started, almost every pundit were backing Chelsea to win the league again because we had the strongest squad.

We also have to remember all the players Mourinho allowed to leave, and I really believe everyone realize this squad would offer more options if we still had the likes of Schurle, Salah, Cuadrado, Luiz, Luis, Kevin de Bruyne, Lukaku and Mata around. Easily one of the most dynamic and strongest squads in the world. But, no. Mourinho was someone who was not shy about letting Schurle leave, despite the german having a decent goal's record for his playing time, and letting Salah and Cuadrado leaving after 4 months of competitive football and no more than 4 or 5 starting games from both. That speaks loud about Mourinho poor squad manegement. He couldn't even properly rotate his players, so some of them easily lost motivation. There were the days when Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry and Ivanovic all got similar playing time during the whole season. Under Mourinho the team had basically 10 fixed players in the starting line-up, and one slot for everyone else, and at the end of the day we all knew Ramires, Oscar or Mikel would be fighting for that place, and thats it. Mourinho is the antithesis of long term. Considering United squad is no more than so so, Mourinho's (lack of) ability to build squads will be truly exposed. 

The takeaway for me is that:

Pundits always talk shite :)

• 2 weeks later...

The deal between United and Mourinho isn't yet signed, but there's been a sort of "gentleman's agreement" (via @DiMarzio) #MUFC

Mourinho has been looking for a quality midfielder, a central defender & a truly decisive striker for his future team (via @DiMarzio) #MUFC

#MUFC wants to partner Andrea Berta with Mourinho [the two have a strong mutual relationship with Jorge Mendes] (via @DiMarzio) #Atletico

Andrea Berta’s decision comes over Easter: and Mourinho already feels like a Red Devil from Manchester (via @DiMarzio) #MUFC #Atletico

Jose Mourinho’s inability to develop young players into first-team regulars will cost him the chance of replacing Louis van Gaal as Manchester United manager at the expense of Ryan Giggs, the former Chelsea boss is believed to have accepted.

[Jose]Those pesky kids! [/Jose]

:lol:

In case if Mou succeeds at another club, and would be linked with return here, it would be funny if everyone would get uber excited despite shiting on him on daily basis these days.

The man partly fucked up our current team, but no one should ever forget what he achieved with this club. 

On 10/03/2016 at 2:21 AM, BlueLyon said:

In case if Mou succeeds at another club, and would be linked with return here, it would be funny if everyone would get uber excited despite shiting on him on daily basis these days.

The man partly fucked up our current team, but no one should ever forget what he achieved with this club. 

If the circumstances allow I can easily see him coming back for a third spell.

His long term managment has been exposed for all to see, but he is still the best in the business for instant success, appointing Jose almost guarantees a league title and gives you about a 40% chance if CL success, that will guarantee him top level jobs for the rest of his career and that could include a third spell here but that won't be for a good six years atleast.

On 10/03/2016 at 6:51 AM, Henrique said:

Yesterday the 2nd Mourinho's era was oficially over in a pretty depressing way. The team was beaten with a pathetic line up. Kenedy, a promissing attacking player playing as a LB, while Felipe Luis was discarded after one single season because Mourinho believed he wasn't good enough to replace Azpilicueta, a player that was supposed to be so good that the team would win UCL with 11 Azpilicuetas, but made a stupid mistake to let PSG score a hope killer goal, a CB duo that will, beyond doubt, conced at least a goal per game, despite Mourinho praising both players as world class, and an unfinished product (Traore) as the best answear to the absence of Diego Costa, easily the best player of the game, because Jose decided the likes of Lukaku, Schurle and Salah weren't good enough, while Falcao was. What about Oscar? Remember that José decided he was his #10 player, so Mata was useless?

Yesterday's depressing defeat was the final chapter of a tragedy. Its quite pathetic that some people seem to get excited when they imagine Mourinhod returning one day, specially when they spent years talking about how "long term" and "stability" are better than "short term success". Winning PL and in the process condeming the team to a HUGE crisis that will require years to recover from is far from "statable".

If you are referring to me,

1. I have always thought all this " long term" and "stability" thing was overrated, fair enough if you have a 65 year old manager and a 43 yeae old at a similar level choose 43, but I'd never advocate choosing an inferior manager because they will likely stick around "longer term".

2. If the return ever happened, their would be no illusions this time,the second coming was an attempt at Mourinho settling down for the long term, it didn't work clearly, but I'd he came back again their would be no bullshhit or long term illusions, we would know two years and that will be that.

Obviously if we have a settled manager with a squad that play football the opposite of what he does, then it's simply not going to happen, but if we rock up hypothetically in say 2022 managerless with a squad that looks similar to Inters in 2008 in terms of player profile, and Mou is also looking for a new job, I can easily see the temptations for both parties.