Arda Turan

Adnane

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL... now i see you are clutching at straws. its fine and honestly understandable considering your circumstances.

so you are saying that jose wont want messi at chelsea if it was possible??

also, these are not just some random rumors. we are being heavily linked with turan. there is a massive difference between the 2.

he's right though, you can't claim jose is interested in turan/likes turan until jose himself says something or we sign him... or else, using your logic, jose loves every single player lister in the transfer rumors forum here lol...

and even regarding barca we can't know if they are really interested or not, it may turn out to be complete bs altogether and he ends up signing for bursaspor or something

Sport in Spain have apparently had an article on why Mourinho wants him, and that we have made an offer and given Atletico until next week for it all to be sorted Cant find it myself but seen someone post a few of the quotes from the article

"He doesn't offer anything new" does not equate to "He doesn't offer anything better".

Just because he may (or may not) be very similar to certain players in the squad does not mean he isn't more talented.

he's right though, you can't claim jose is interested in turan/likes turan until jose himself says something or we sign him... or else, using your logic, jose loves every single player lister in the transfer rumors forum here lol...

and even regarding barca we can't know if they are really interested or not, it may turn out to be complete bs altogether and he ends up signing for bursaspor or something

there is a difference between a rumor and such heavy links.

barca's president has himself said that they want to sign turan. http://www.espnfc.com/story/2512664/luis-enrique-asked-barcelona-to-sign-arda-turan-bartomeu

It's a shame about Shaqiri though, I remember seeing him at Wembley for Switzerland vs England. Before his Bayern days he had bags of potential. He was young, pacey and effective.. Stagnation of development on the bench does that to a player, once that happens certain players are just content with getting paid.

Yeah he was among second tier bunch of talents (first tier I would consider Gotze, Hazard, Isco etc back then). Was very promising, but it was clear he wont get ahead of Robbery. However the long sit on bench had poor efect on him. He isnt bad player nowdays, but he is not pushing himself, but just stays as he is. Quite bad mentality tbh. Maybe a different, good coach would do a world of favour for him, but I wouldnt bring him here. Too much gamble, if we were in winter we brought Matic, it would be ok, but in between we tried Cuadrado, Salah, even Schurrle etc, it didnt realy work, so now I would prefere a more stable player there.

So you are against Turan but would take Shaqiri? :lol: mate you even watch football? When I tell you inter prefers Salah over Shaq, that should ring bells.

I have heard enough anyway...

We preferred Oscar over De Bruyne. More than half this forum would swap the latter over the former in an instant. Arda is a 29 year old winger that's the exact replica of the profile we already have at the club. Shaqiri is only 23 with the best of his career still to come yet offers something very different to our other wingers. Arda is a slow ball to feet midfielder, Shaqiri is a pacy winger that exploits space.

Go to Inter's forum and tell me what they think of Shaqiri's imminent sale then claim "do I even watch football". Apples & oranges. I've seen enough of Shaqiri to know there's a great player in there, it took Sturridge a while but he eventually reached his potential with Liverpool despite spending years on the bench & injury table.

We preferred Oscar over De Bruyne. More than half this forum would swap the latter over the former in an instant. Arda is a 29 year old winger that's the exact replica of the profile we already have at the club. Shaqiri is only 23 with the best of his career still to come yet offers something very different to our other wingers. Arda is a slow ball to feet midfielder, Shaqiri is a pacy winger that exploits space.

Go to Inter's forum and tell me what they think of Shaqiri's imminent sale then claim "do I even watch football". Apples & oranges.

He can exploit space, but when opponents give us that much space I ask you? Neither is Shaqiri a natural goalscorer. He MIGHT become good, but he is exactly what we dont want now; another gamble on RW ala Salah, Schurrle, xyz. I prefer experienced player, Turan might be slower, but he can break through with ball at his feet easier and quicker than majority of available players, he uses ball control for that, which is more useful than pace alone here. Plus he was told to track Ronaldo number of times, if he was able to catch up with Ronaldo, he aint that slow either. Turan is slower player, but he aint slow. Thats a myth. He doesnt use pace like Iniesta doesnt, but that doesnt make them useless. Plus I dont know why everyone assume he will play on flank. First of all he moves alot regardless of his ''tactical'' position. Secondly, he would probably be used in big games in middle instead of Oscar because he gives same mobility, speed, tracking back, but more balance, more reliable with ball which could trigger faster counter attacks with Haz and Willian on flanks. For games with little space, he could play on wing next to oscar and Hazard and trust me he would be alot more useful in close spaces than any winger whos main strenght is pace.

As for your remark on me ''going to inter forum''. I infact watch Inter and Atletico games as I mentioned before, The only reason I watch their games and read their forums is because two slovenian gks play there; Handanovic and Oblak and I watched majority of these two team's games. But I only mentioned inter forum to tell you that Im not the only one who saw how average Shaqiri was, many others there think the same. They see him as nice prospect, he has been there for only six months, so they are not ready to just give up on him, but if the only chance to get Salah (they realy want him) is to sell Shaqiri, then almost everyone would do it. And I would infact too. Shaqiri is quite frustrating to watch, his dribbles usualy end up in waste. And he doesnt score much goals either.

So dont sell me that stuff. I wont go into if you actualy watch them, if you do fine, but if you say Shaq is better player than Arda, better for us or better in any football sense, then I can safely assume you didnt watch either enough.

The only downside about Arda is his age, but on other hand that is also advantage because of his experience and consistency. He delivers good games in 80% of time, while Shaq had about three good games for inter and was below expectations in rest. If you think dont want Arda because he will cost 25m and is already 28 (29 in january i think), then thats a fair argument, but regardless of that he is quality player, better than anything we have bar Hazard in that area. I wont be far if I say best RW option available right now, along with Sterling who has huge potential (but also huge price).

In the end its all about who fits us in this team more. We have super pacy Willian, who does little for us attacking wise on wing, so saying we should bring someone because of pace is not best fact. Would prefer someone who can either keep the ball, balance the play, take pressure from Hazard and Cesc, because we had HUGE problem last season with keeping the ball against team that pressed us. Either winger with good hold up and playmaking ability, or someone who is proven goalscorer, on top of that either type must be a good worker too. Shaqiri is neither. Just because he has body that suits PL doesnt mean he is actualy usefull and resourceful with the ball. But if pace and body are key, then we might just sign Hulk aswell.

About KDB, he is better player than Oscar, but wouldnt be solution to our midfield. If you think he would improve Mourinho team who sits deep and defends in majority of big games, think again. His passing range would be great for us, but he aint worker. Talking about quality, arguably Ibra was better striker than Milito, but its all about the type of player and what he can give to team apart from his main ability. Mou prefers certain type of players. And Kdb would not do better for Mou than Oscar because either his attacking stats would stagnate or we would be even weaker in midfield, because Oscar has defensive duties here, while KDB has free role in wolfsburg.

If Oscar was more capable in attack, he would be perfect Mou #10. And next season he will have one last chance. I believe more than half of forum wants Oscar gone, but not replaced with KDB. We had Mata once who was perfect stats #10 man. Perfect. But not for Mou system and that what is all about.

So Chelsea and Barcelona offers are 6m€ apart (28m€ to 34m€). Arda has agreement with Chelsea while Barcelona have agreement with Atletico.

Arda is ready and wants to join Chelsea very much but Chelsea are reluctant to match Barcelona offer. Atletico don't care where he join, just want to sell him for the biggest price.

Barcelona started negotiation with the player and are ready to match Chelsea offer. They want to turn his head and offer him 6 months loan to Galatasaray to convince him to join them.

Arda is here on the plate and wants to join Chelsea. Yet the club can't give additional 6m€ ... I'm fuming to be honest. It's the thrift shopping I'm talking about. Club were happy to spend those lacking 6m€ on Nathan or Kenedy but no, can't give more for first team player.

What the hell is this ? With such shit attitude I don't see any improvement going here.

So Chelsea and Barcelona offers are 6m€ apart (28m€ to 34m€). Arda has agreement with Chelsea while Barcelona have agreement with Atletico.

Arda is ready and wants to join Chelsea very much but Chelsea are reluctant to match Barcelona offer. Atletico don't care where he join, just want to sell him for the biggest price.

Barcelona started negotiation with the player and are ready to match Chelsea offer. They want to turn his head and offer him 6 months loan to Galatasaray to convince him to join them.

Arda is here on the plate and wants to join Chelsea. Yet the club can't give additional 6m€ ... I'm fuming to be honest. It's the thrift shopping I'm talking about. Club were happy to spend those lacking 6m€ on Nathan or Kenedy but no, can't give more for first team player.

What the hell is this ? With such shit attitude I don't see any improvement going here.

While I agree we shouldnt just throw money away just because other clubs demand it, the Nathan point was nailed on.

I doubt Nathan or Kenedy will ever touch SB, yet we spent 12m or more on them. So they are here to bring more money eventualy.

That means we are ready to splash money to generate more money, but not splash the same amount of money to get more success (as bringing Arda or Begovic would certainly improve us but we are apparently short 6m for Arda and 2m for Begovic). Kinda absurd since FFP is even less threatening than ever.

So Chelsea and Barcelona offers are 6m apart (28m to 34m). Arda has agreement with Chelsea while Barcelona have agreement with Atletico.

Arda is here on the plate and wants to join Chelsea. Yet the club can't give additional 6m ... I'm fuming to be honest. It's the thrift shopping I'm talking about. Club were happy to spend those lacking 6m on Nathan or Kenedy but no, can't give more for first team player.

If that is the case, we don't have to worry then. The most important thing in the deal was the player himself want to come.

While I agree we shouldnt just throw money away just because other clubs demand it, the Nathan point was nailed on.

I doubt Nathan or Kenedy will ever touch SB, yet we spent 12m or more on them. So they are here to bring more money eventualy.

That means we are ready to splash money to generate more money, but not splash the same amount of money to get more success (as bringing Arda or Begovic would certainly improve us but we are apparently short 6m for Arda and 2m for Begovic). Kinda absurd since FFP is even less threatening than ever.

i dont think its about FFP, its about the image. arda for 25mil pounds is actually 5mil pounds too much. he is 28 and we should get value for the money. i am sure the club knows what its doing. we do put our success over the money. roman has said it in the past that he does not care about money but its about getting the image of the club. if push comes to shove, we will make those signings at whatever prices possible.

Doesn't matter if we spent that money on Kennedy, Nathan or whatever. This just proves that Arda is not a priority and we won't give in to big bucks transfers, unless they improve our squad majorly, which is admirable. Arda is amazing, don't get me wrong, but if the club don't feel the need to buy him, then there isn't a reason to just match the money Barca are paying. I'd rather we give 40 mil. to Liverpool and get Sterling, who may be overrated, but would improve our squad and has the room to develop even more, rather than give 30 mil. for Arda who we're not considering a priority and who we would be looking to replace in 2 years time. While I get, that It may sound paradoxical, look at it from a bussiness poin of view, 40 mil. for 5 years, 30 mil for 3? I know who'd I go with.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You