Arda Turan

Adnane

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see, how others fail to see, that Arda epitomizes what it means to be 'Chelsea'. Find me another player in his position that does too.

Foreign and I hear he is silicone based.

its really not hard to understand, if a very unfit and overweight person who cant run for more then 5 minutes, trained hard for one week after that week they wouldnt be able to run a marathon but would be able to run a mile or two, if that same person trained hard for 2 months after that 2 months that person would be able to have a good go at running a marathon.

if it still doesnt make sense to you then i give up.

willian had as much of a pre-season as oscar did. your theory fails right there. it makes no sense what so ever. just another lousy excuse concerning oscar.

oscar is not unfit. he is a professional footballer. read what "clockwork" wrote. it is completely different to yor argument. you use "conditioning" as an excuse while he uses physically drained as an excuse. are you saying that on his 2 weeks off, oscar just lies around on a barcalounger, doing nothing. i am sure thats not the case. he is a pro, and i am pretty sure he would be taking care of his body.

willian had as much of a pre-season as oscar did. your theory fails right there. it makes no sense what so ever. just another lousy excuse concerning oscar.

oscar is not unfit. he is a professional footballer. read what "clockwork" wrote. it is completely different to yor argument. you use "conditioning" as an excuse while he uses physically drained as an excuse. are you saying that on his 2 weeks off, oscar just lies around on a barcalounger, doing nothing. i am sure thats not the case. he is a pro, and i am pretty sure he would be taking care of his body.

my word, you really are missing the point here, i tried to educate you, but you still dont understand something so basic, you clearly dont play any sports.

and as for Willian, has he not ever had a pre-season like Oscar? No, so your theory fails right there, and Willian's form in the 2nd half of the season was more down to him finally adapting to english football, Willian said this himself. :wave:

lol... but he does get time off. he got as much time off as any brazilian or german.

if this theory stands then why dint the same thing happen with willian? how did willian play average in the first half and then was mind blowing in the second? was he on drugs?

Sleep deprivation and lack of sleep does not equal no sleep at all. I used that example because i do acknowledge that Oscar does get some rest in the summer, his NT is not as grueling as his duty for Chelsea.

Willian was ridding the bench for Brazil first of all. Second of all just because a theory does not effect everyone the same it does not mean the theory is false. I will go back to the sleep example. Studies show that lack of proper sleep(6-8hours) damages our cognitive ability, they have done actually brain scan that shows that. But that does not mean some people are not better then others in functioning without sleep. I know some people who are like machines and sleep around 4hours a day.

You have the right to believe that Oscar will not do better next season, you can argue that of course. But i don't see how you can argue against the theory though.

Btw at the end of the season Mou said the same thing, he believes Oscar will do better next season and he argued the fact he will get proper rest in the summer as a main contributing factor.

Edited by Clockwork

my word, you really are missing the point here, i tried to educate you, but you still dont understand something so basic, you are clearly not a sporting person.

how am i supposed to understand 2 different theories regarding the same thing.

apparently oscar's is physically exhausted, so he can only take his body to the halfway point and then it fails.

no, no.. its the lack of pre-season conditioning in which he is getting rest (which he should since his body is so completely over worked) that he affects him in jan?

also, the latter part is your theory, and does not explain willian at all. why did he have an average first half and a fab second.

these are some of the playing time stats that i got. it does not include internationals.

oscar willian hazard JT Matic
14-15 2,794 3244 4430 4470 4149
13-14 3,124 3330 3904 4085 3511
12-13 4,177 2,654 4513 2165 3896
total 10095 9228 12847 10720 11556
since, oscar joined chelsea, he has had less game time than JT. i am sorry but these excuses need to stop.

apparently oscar's is physically exhausted, so he can only take his body to the halfway point and then it fails.

no, no.. its the lack of pre-season conditioning in which he is getting rest (which he should since his body is so completely over worked) that he affects him in jan?

also, the latter part is your theory, and does not explain willian at all. why did he have an average first half and a fab second.

these are some of the playing time stats that i got. it does not include internationals.

since, oscar joined chelsea, he has had less game time than JT. i am sorry but these excuses need to stop.

You're obsessed with Oscar.

Please do me a favour you and other off topic fellas. Leave this fucking room and talk in private i want to see the end of the Turan story if he does or not come and all i get to see is random BS same with Griezmann thread :wacko:

Sleep deprivation and lack of sleep does not equal no sleep at all. I used that example because i do acknowledge that Oscar does get some rest in the summer, his NT is not as grueling as his duty for Chelsea.

Willian was ridding the bench for Brazil first of all. Second of all just because a theory does not apply to everyone does not mean the theory is false. I will go back to the sleep example. Studies show that lack of proper sleep(6-8hours) damages our cognitive ability, they have done actually brain scan that shows that. But that does not mean some people are not better then others in functioning without sleep. I know some people who are like machines and sleep around 4hours a day.

You have the right to believe that Oscar will not do better next season, you can argue that of course. But i don't see how you can argue against the theory though.

Btw at the end of the season Mou said the same thing, he believes Oscar will do better next season and he argued the fact he will get proper rest in the summer as a main contributing factor.

i have given the time distribution of oscar and the rest of the players. i believe me, these are the only players i checked for. if i do for iva i am damn sure i will get a very great number than oscar.

this oscar has been overplayed theory in itself is flawed. so you are telling me that the 300-400 minutes that oscar played more than willian in the WC were so damaging to his body that he he had 5 bad months?

there are exceptions to a theory. but a theory should atleast be correctly applied. using sleep deprivation to prove a point about oscar's continous poor showing is a poor analogy. oscar plays as much as any other pro footballer. a 100 more minutes here or there with the national team should not make him poor.

you simply dont understand the points that were made, so what you are saying really makes no sense to me.

And i do all that in the Turan thread.

i was talking about obsessions. atleast i am talking about a chelsea player. not someone who most probably wont even be coming to chelsea. and all i did was join the discussion, which had anyways drifted towards oscar, you can read it, which is very weird if you think about it cos turan will be bought as a RW, willian will be the one who would be fighting oscar for the CAM role.

Did this guy really try and compare Oscar's situation with Willian? WOW.

2014 - World Cup

2013 - Confederations Cup

2012 - Olympics

2011 - U-20 World Cup

And he got to the final of every tournament apart from the World Cup where Brazil reached the semis.

First of all, comparing JT with Oscar when it comes to minutes spent on the pitch is erroneous.

Oscar has the second most demanding job on the pitch beside Matic. Oscar is the one who presses primarily, tracks back, and is part of the attack, be it counter or build-up. Meanwhile, JT is the most protected player on the pitch. He has Azpi tucked in beside him at all time to ensure that he is never isolated, he has Matic in front of him, and Courtois behind him, a keeper that covers an immense amount of ground. For more than 70% of those minuts, JT is just idling by, watching the game. While Oscar is busting his ass.

The only player to compare with Oscar in terms of output is Matic, but we all know Matic is a beast, a one of a kind DM with a massive engine, but even he, a monster, was drained and on dead legs as the season came to a close. What chance does Oscar have?

We play a system that demands so much of outfield players. There is a reason JT is still out there, and he himself admitted that it wouldn't be so if it weren't for the amount of work the midfielders put into the game.

We need a viable backup to Oscar. Cesc and Willian are not it. Jose pretty much ran the team into the ground in trying to win the EPL as early as possible. Some players like Oscar fell first, then Cesc, and then lastly Matic. But they all fell. It's unsustainable the demands, and we need viable backups. Turan is one for Oscar, and I hope we get one for Matic and Cesc, someone that can partner either when the other is rested.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You