Arda Turan

Adnane

Doesn't matter if we spent that money on Kennedy, Nathan or whatever. This just proves that Arda is not a priority and we won't give in to big bucks transfers, unless they improve our squad majorly, which is admirable. Arda is amazing, don't get me wrong, but if the club don't feel the need to buy him, then there isn't a reason to just match the money Barca are paying. I'd rather we give 40 mil. to Liverpool and get Sterling, who may be overrated, but would improve our squad and has the room to develop even more, rather than give 30 mil. for Arda who we're not considering a priority and who we would be looking to replace in 2 years time. While I get, that It may sound paradoxical, look at it from a bussiness poin of view, 40 mil. for 5 years, 30 mil for 3? I know who'd I go with.

while i do understand the point you are trying to make, i just have one question.

how exactly does arda not improve our squad but sterling does improve our squad?

also, we are bidding 28mil euros for arda (20mil pounds) (barca have bid 25mil). so it will be 25mil pounds for 3 years vs 50mil (pool wont sell sterling for 40mil considering they already have a team who is willing to bid 50mil) for 5 years with no guarantees of if he develops.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what Ive been seeing on the guy I like him. And I think putting him,Costa,Falcao back together MIGHT just turn out as the matching of the decade.

The thing I'm worried about is we need to find some way of getting more shots on goal. It did my head in last year that we had games we actually made no shots on goal.

And while I do think he would help the team as far as teamwork he doesnt bring alot of goals to the table does he.

And I think we are going too much towards being the FFP monitors.Its got to the point where we are penny pinching £2mill for a keeper we need and doubtfully get a better one and hes going to sod off to the bleedin Mancs.

And moaning and bitching about overspending £5mill on a great player that would obviously help us alot. Its not like we are skint.

while i do understand the point you are trying to make, i just have one question.

how exactly does arda not improve our squad but sterling does improve our squad?

also, we are bidding 28mil euros for arda (20mil pounds) (barca have bid 25mil). so it will be 25mil pounds for 3 years vs 50mil (pool wont sell sterling for 40mil considering they already have a team who is willing to bid 50mil) for 5 years with no guarantees of if he develops.

This is the Luke Shaw v Filipe Luis debate all over again.

With Shaw's first season at United not going so well, it's easy to say that Luis was a better option as he was cheaper and we might even recoup some of the transfer fee paid to Atletico. But what you've got with Shaw, like Sterling, is time to develop these players. If they don't develop they still have resale value, the younger they are the more likely other teams are likely to take a punt. As we've done by taking Falcao, despite seeing what he did (or rather, didn't*) do at United.

I'll always believe that the younger option is better, because you have to have faith that these young expensive players will develop how they should. It obviously depends on what you already have in your team, and this team is made up of a great mix of experience. Hazard, Matic, Fabregas & co now know what it's like to win the PL. Terry's been around forever and Courtois is coming into his own.

The average age of this squad is 26.9 iirc. Adding a 20-year old Sterling for £40m is a gamble, but it's not like we're in a position where we'd lose a lot if the gamble doesn't work out.. If that makes sense?

So Chelsea and Barcelona offers are 6m€ apart (28m€ to 34m€). Arda has agreement with Chelsea while Barcelona have agreement with Atletico.

Arda is ready and wants to join Chelsea very much but Chelsea are reluctant to match Barcelona offer. Atletico don't care where he join, just want to sell him for the biggest price.

Barcelona started negotiation with the player and are ready to match Chelsea offer. They want to turn his head and offer him 6 months loan to Galatasaray to convince him to join them.

Arda is here on the plate and wants to join Chelsea. Yet the club can't give additional 6m€ ... I'm fuming to be honest. It's the thrift shopping I'm talking about. Club were happy to spend those lacking 6m€ on Nathan or Kenedy but no, can't give more for first team player.

What the hell is this ? With such shit attitude I don't see any improvement going here.

34 million euros for a 28 year old is too much money, I'm glad Chelsea board isn't throwing money around, moreover Chelsea has been nothing short of brilliant in the transfer market for a long time now. I don't see why we shouldn't trust the board's judgement again, have faith and patience. It'd send out a wrong message, it would be very hard to negotiate a deal with any club in the future if we just give in all the time and throw extra millions in without thought.Plus I think we have more urgent worries than Arda's position we need to address - like a cover and suitable partner for Matic if Fabregas is played up field, proper backup for Courtois and so on.

Arda will improve our squad, I'm not saying he won't, just that he has reached his maximum potential, so there won't be any major changes to his game, so unless he benches Oscar and starts scoring goals or having the games of his life, he wouldn't be an automatic starter here.

Sterling is yet to develop, fully, has adapted to the Premier League, is a player who'd be interesting and he may not get an automatic starting position, but given his potential and quality, would probably manage to make the RW/#10 role his. If he goes on to improve his trait of skills and his finishing mostly, he'd be an improvement in our squad, a great addition, who would always be a dangerous asset to have.

I'm not denying Arda's ability, on the contrary, to me he is amazing, but as I've said, we'd probably be looking for a replacement for him sooner, rather than later, which would mean that splashing the cash him would be unnecessary, IF there are other options available. Sterling/Gotze/Griezmann are better choices to actually splash the cash on,imo.

This is the Luke Shaw v Filipe Luis debate all over again.

With Shaw's first season at United not going so well, it's easy to say that Luis was a better option as he was cheaper and we might even recoup some of the transfer fee paid to Atletico. But what you've got with Shaw, like Sterling, is time to develop these players. If they don't develop they still have resale value, the younger they are the more likely other teams are likely to take a punt. As we've done by taking Falcao, despite seeing what he did (or rather, didn't*) do at United.

I'll always believe that the younger option is better, because you have to have faith that these young expensive players will develop how they should. It obviously depends on what you already have in your team, and this team is made up of a great mix of experience. Hazard, Matic, Fabregas & co now know what it's like to win the PL. Terry's been around forever and Courtois is coming into his own.

The average age of this squad is 26.9 iirc. Adding a 20-year old Sterling for £40m is a gamble, but it's not like we're in a position where we'd lose a lot if the gamble doesn't work out.. If that makes sense?

it does. BUT...

we can probably win the league with having cuadrado as the 4th AM. i can bet everything i have got that it will atleast be "very close". what we want is CL glory. look at hazard and how inefficient he has been in CL. i dont expect sterling to set the stage on fire at that big a stage. what arda does give to us is experience and the know how of doing it at the biggest of the stages.

lastly, IF sterling could have been bought for 40mil, it would be a bad guy, but thats not the case. sterling will end up being the most expensive english transfer at 50mil pounds (currently 70mil euros). thats a lot of pressure and burden for a 20 year old.

it does. BUT...

we can probably win the league with having cuadrado as the 4th AM. i can bet everything i have got that it will atleast be "very close". what we want is CL glory. look at hazard and how inefficient he has been in CL. i dont expect sterling to set the stage on fire at that big a stage. what arda does give to us is experience and the know how of doing it at the biggest of the stages.

lastly, IF sterling could have been bought for 40mil, it would be a bad guy, but thats not the case. sterling will end up being the most expensive english transfer at 50mil pounds (currently 70mil euros). thats a lot of pressure and burden for a 20 year old.

Oh yeah I get that and I agree also. It's all good having a long-term vision, which is what Sterling would be, but short-term is also needed which is why Cuadrado is worth keeping around also. So it's sometimes difficult to judge how to pick one over the other, it really depends on the state of the current squad. It's well noted how I feel about Sterling's potential which is why I think he'd be a great idea over Arda. Keeping Willian & the Colombian as back ups. Let's not forget those 2 can also rotate with Hazard &/or Oscar so they'd be needed.

For the last point, yes you are right. You have to have a strong backbone to be able to not let a transfer fee phase you. Figo was one of the best to do it, moved for an enormous amount of money in hostile circumstances but appeared unphased at all. Torres on the other hand felt the weight of the world with being the British transfer record fee holder. But let's not forget that Mourinho will go to the death for his players & that could be enough for Sterling to be strong enough to carry that fee.

Arda will improve our squad, I'm not saying he won't, just that he has reached his maximum potential, so there won't be any major changes to his game, so unless he benches Oscar and starts scoring goals or having the games of his life, he wouldn't be an automatic starter here.

Sterling is yet to develop, fully, has adapted to the Premier League, is a player who'd be interesting and he may not get an automatic starting position, but given his potential and quality, would probably manage to make the RW/#10 role his. If he goes on to improve his trait of skills and his finishing mostly, he'd be an improvement in our squad, a great addition, who would always be a dangerous asset to have.

I'm not denying Arda's ability, on the contrary, to me he is amazing, but as I've said, we'd probably be looking for a replacement for him sooner, rather than later, which would mean that splashing the cash him would be unnecessary, IF there are other options available. Sterling/Gotze/Griezmann are better choices to actually splash the cash on,imo.

i honestly think arda will be an automatic starter.

hazard-willian/oscar-arda. that would be my first choice.

the point is not sterling's talent and adaptation. the point is how well he can carry the pressure of the costliest english player. the pressure of the media going gung-ho everytime he has a half bad game. if sterling had a season like his last one with us, after being sold for 50mil pounds, the medai would have a field day. i agree with what @LDNBLUE said that jose will do anything in his power to not let that happen but considering the numbers involved, the fact that arda would give us that X-factor instantanously, and the fact that we have a bunch of talented kids in the academy (boga, brown, musonda), i would not mind the 3 years of arda that much. 3 years now a days in football is a lifetime. also, contrary to the popular belief players dont go bad instantanouesly after 30. malouda was probably our player of the season in 09-10 and he was 31.

all said and done, i would love any player out of arda, raheem or gotze. i just dont want greizemann. 60 mil euros for a second striker/LW when what we actually want is a RW is just bad. i just understand people's obsession with antoine. he is a great goalscorer and a player but not what we are looking at or looking for.

Well, his last season wasn't good at all, actually. So, the comparison with Filipe isn't that good. I mean, Luis was the best LB in La Liga and a crucial player in order to achieve the First Division title and be capable to play the Champions Final. Arda wasn't that important. They want his Brazilian back for a reason.

Well, his last season wasn't good at all, actually. So, the comparison with Filipe isn't that good. I mean, Luis was the best LB in La Liga and a crucial player in order to achieve the First Division title and be capable to play the Champions Final. Arda wasn't that important. They want his Brazilian back for a reason.

???. Arda Turan was a VITAL component of the 2013-14 Atletico side (pretty much a Simeone 'untouchable'), and they missed him badly when he was unable to play in the CL final because of injury.

So Chelsea and Barcelona offers are 6m€ apart (28m€ to 34m€). Arda has agreement with Chelsea while Barcelona have agreement with Atletico.

Arda is ready and wants to join Chelsea very much but Chelsea are reluctant to match Barcelona offer. Atletico don't care where he join, just want to sell him for the biggest price.

Barcelona started negotiation with the player and are ready to match Chelsea offer. They want to turn his head and offer him 6 months loan to Galatasaray to convince him to join them.

Arda is here on the plate and wants to join Chelsea. Yet the club can't give additional 6m€ ... I'm fuming to be honest. It's the thrift shopping I'm talking about. Club were happy to spend those lacking 6m€ on Nathan or Kenedy but no, can't give more for first team player.

What the hell is this ? With such shit attitude I don't see any improvement going here.

I seriously dont get why you dont post the source you read those news at... now everyone talk about it like its a fact, when no one knows who said that.

i honestly think arda will be an automatic starter.

hazard-willian/oscar-arda. that would be my first choice.

the point is not sterling's talent and adaptation. the point is how well he can carry the pressure of the costliest english player. the pressure of the media going gung-ho everytime he has a half bad game. if sterling had a season like his last one with us, after being sold for 50mil pounds, the medai would have a field day. i agree with what @LDNBLUE said that jose will do anything in his power to not let that happen but considering the numbers involved, the fact that arda would give us that X-factor instantanously, and the fact that we have a bunch of talented kids in the academy (boga, brown, musonda), i would not mind the 3 years of arda that much. 3 years now a days in football is a lifetime. also, contrary to the popular belief players dont go bad instantanouesly after 30. malouda was probably our player of the season in 09-10 and he was 31.

all said and done, i would love any player out of arda, raheem or gotze. i just dont want greizemann. 60 mil euros for a second striker/LW when what we actually want is a RW is just bad. i just understand people's obsession with antoine. he is a great goalscorer and a player but not what we are looking at or looking for.

Agree.

Both Raheem and Arda have their minuses and pluses, so I'd be happy with either.

???. Arda Turan was a VITAL component of the 2013-14 Atletico side (pretty much a Simeone 'untouchable'), and they missed him badly when he was unable to play in the CL final because of injury.

Not really. And i'm talking about their last seasons.

What an absolute waste if he goes to Barca. Looks like it's only a matter of time now.

Could have been an important and big part of our team and reunited with a bunch of his former teammates. Instead he'll go to Barca and become a bit part player and can't even play for months after joining.

Not really. And i'm talking about their last seasons.

:dunno: Turan's most recent season WASN'T as good as the two seasons previous to it, but then Atletico's 2014-15 season as a whole wasn't as good as the two previous to it either, with the majority of the players performing to a level considerably worse than that which they were able to reach in 2013-14 (e.g. Miranda, Gabi, Koke).

Dont know how signifcant it is but Diario Sport in Spain reporting that Laporta, Friexa and Benedito - all of whom are competing with Bartomeu for presidency - have united and are "against" the signing of Arda turan

EDIT: Read the article, it seems the other presidential candidates think the deal is of too big a magnitude for an interim committee to decide on, and by agreeing to sign Turan they run the risk of the next president (if not Bartomeu) not wanting him. And as a fair process they should not sign him today and wait until at least July 18th, and then let the new president give it the OK or not

At around 17.00h (CET) the interim management board will meet at the club's offices to decide which of the two options they will take. On one hand, they can close the deal which has been worked on and which Josep Maria Bartomeu has asked them to complete; on the other hand, they wait until the elections, as Joan Laporta, Agusti Benedito and Toni Freixa have requested.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelona-will-make-decision-monday-regarding-signing-atleticos-arda-turan-4332495

He clearly wants to join them.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You