PSG v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is wrong with mikel ?! hes out for 200 years?!

If the rumour's true that it's a concussion problem, I hope Mikel stays out as long as it takes to get better. Yet another NHL player just died (presently rumoured to be suicide, police have only said they do not suspect foul play) after dealing with concussion problems. We've seen deceased athletes like Junior Seau and Bob Probert were confirmed to be dealing with degenerative brain diseases after taking so many concussions.

I remember back when I was a kid, concussions were categorized from mild to severe and given timelines to return just like a pulled muscle. Mild concussion? Out 1-2 weeks. We now know so much more about concussions that we know we can't simplify them like that anymore.

Hope Mikel feels better soon.

I think we will go cautious as always, and should not let any surprise from PSG because Mou will not allow that to happen again.

I believe PSG will be fired for this game though, after we kicked them out last year. We have better team, theirs looks less good than last year, but it will go down to mental approach of players and right tactics.

Apparently Mikel is out with a knee problem, nothing to do with the concussion or whatever it was earlier. Shame, as I think he could have been quite usefull for us this game.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/02/paris-bound.html?WT.mc_id=social_20150216_40576226&adbid=567360288047915009&adbpl=tw&adbpr=22910295

If the rumour's true that it's a concussion problem, I hope Mikel stays out as long as it takes to get better. Yet another NHL player just died (presently rumoured to be suicide, police have only said they do not suspect foul play) after dealing with concussion problems. We've seen deceased athletes like Junior Seau and Bob Probert were confirmed to be dealing with degenerative brain diseases after taking so many concussions.

I remember back when I was a kid, concussion's were categorized from mild to severe and given timelines to return just like a pulled muscle. Mild concussion? Out 1-2 weeks. We now know so much more about concussions that we know we can't simplify them like that anymore.

Hope Mikel feels better soon.

Absolutely. Other sports like the NFL and baseball have done a lot to protect athletes from head injuries. CTE's are no joke and they need time.

I got a concussion from boxing abiut a month ago and it was awful.

Apparently Mikel is out with a knee problem, nothing to do with the concussion or whatever it was earlier. Shame, as I think he could have been quite usefull for us this game.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/02/paris-bound.html?WT.mc_id=social_20150216_40576226&adbid=567360288047915009&adbpl=tw&adbpr=22910295

Good to hear that his brain is feeling better.