PSG v Chelsea

Jase

He was the ref during the 2nd leg against Barca in 2012 wasn't he?? Hopefully bodes well for Tuesday :lol:

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All we know is that he will park the bus very hard, don't be surprised by end of the match with less than 2 shots on target. A win is next to 0%, unless he surprises us all.

Can you promise me one thing?

If we win this and score 2+ goals will you promise to stop moaning before every game about our supposedly defensive tactics? It's getting boring.

We have scored 86 goals in 38 games this season so far. That's ~2.3 goals a game. Just FYI.

If we win this and score 2+ goals will you promise to stop moaning before every game about our supposedly defensive tactics? It's getting boring.

We have scored 86 goals in 38 games this season so far. That's ~2.3 goals a game. Just FYI.

I would love to this happen. So sick of so called Chelsea supporters moaning and whining about a team that has scored more goals than anyone else in England and more goals than anyone else in the champions league.

We are a good team yet people who are prone to moaning will find something to complain about.

Yep of course I will if that happens and I am not complaining about our attacking overall this season but the general mentality of Mourinho against big team AWAY FROM HOME. Unless he surprises me I am fairly certain we will hear a lot more of these same things in the post match/Mou thread comes Tuesday night after we lost/barely draw.

In fact I have been hammering home this negative aspect of Mou since that draw against City back in October. Against Liverpool a few weeks ago he did it again and shown he still kept that mentality, which is what frustrates me and I am fairly certain he will repeat it in 2 days.

I would love to this happen. So sick of so called Chelsea supporters moaning and whining about a team that has scored more goals than anyone else in England and more goals than anyone else in the champions league.

We are a good team yet people who are prone to moaning will find something to complain about.

OK...complaining about not being positive enough away from home against big teams=criticism of overall attacking play :)

My girlfriend (also a Chelsea fan, albeit newish to the fold) saw his post over my shoulder as I was replying and asked "How can someone who supports a team be that negative about them? Especially when they're playing so well this year?". I had no idea what to say tbh....

Yep of course I will if that happens and I am not complaining about our attacking overall this season but the general mentality of Mourinho against big team AWAY FROM HOME. Unless he surprises me I am fairly certain we will hear a lot more of these same things in the post match/Mou thread comes Tuesday night after we lost/barely draw.

In fact I have been hammering home this negative aspect of Mou since that draw against City back in October. Against Liverpool a few weeks ago he did it again and shown he still kept that mentality, which is what frustrates me and I am fairly certain he will repeat it in 2 days.

Chelsea away against the traditional big teams this season (Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Everton, Spurs):

Played 6, scored 14. That's also ~2.3 goals a game.

EDIT: I know what you're saying, but would you rather Mou's clever away tactics where we draw 1-1 or Rodgers' mental away tactics where you win 1 game 3-1 then lose 3-2 and 2-1?

OK...complaining about not being positive enough away from home against big teams=criticism of overall attacking play :)

Who cares? You whine and moan every game about the same shit! give it a rest dude! We are Chelsea supporters, right? if in the end of the day we win the tie what does it matter how we get the result?

I guess you have a right to support any way you see it fit to do so but this is a big clash, would be nice to come in here and read more positive posts showing Chelsea supporters are united for the common goal which is to ADVANCE, rather than read ridiculously negative posts about how badly we are about to play... Wack.

My girlfriend (also a Chelsea fan, albeit newish to the fold) saw his post over my shoulder as I was replying and asked "How can someone who supports a team be that negative about them? Especially when they're playing so well this year?". I had no idea what to say tbh....

So strange! I mean especially after we didn't play this weekend and with Cesc and Costa likely to return to the XI, Hazard signing his extension, Willian showing increasingly good form, Zouma looking rock solid, Ivanovic in great form, Matic available for this tie(he wasn't last year) and with PSG in awful form and with a lot of injuries, its baffling how someone can come in here and not be absolutely buzzing about the game on Tuesday.

No. Available and in the squad.

There are two parts to the regulations regarding cup tied players: -

1. A player is automatically cup tied if he has already played for another club in the same competition during the same season. For example, Matic played for Benfica in last season's Champions' League group stage so was not available to be selected for us in that competition after joining in January.
  2. Every club is allowed to field a maximum of one player who has already played for another team in a different UEFA club competition. Cuadrado played in the Europa League for Fiorentina but since were are allowed to use one EL player in our CL squad, he's in.

Thanks for the full explanation. Very helpful. Cheers!

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

You know, I really dislike these guys. Went to Paris last year. Don't care for the club.

Ba's goal last year is still one of the best finishes. Hope it still hurts.

And just for our friends, a little walk down memory lane below :D

demba_ba_second_goal_vs_PSG_840_494_100.

Chelsea-PSG-Getty-Images.jpeg

I really want to see us come out and attack with an early goal. I know Jose likes to play defensively on the road in the 1st leg of UCL knockout stage matches, but let's get a well rested Diego free or Hazard. Cannot wait to watch this one live on TV Tuesday.

You know, I really dislike these guys. Went to Paris last year. Don't care for the club.

Ba's goal last year is still one of the best finishes. Hope it still hurts.

And just for our friends, a little walk down memory lane below :D

demba_ba_second_goal_vs_PSG_840_494_100.

Chelsea-PSG-Getty-Images.jpeg

I really want to see us come out and attack with an early goal. I know Jose likes to play defensively on the road in the 1st leg of UCL knockout stage matches, but let's get a well rested Diego free or Hazard. Cannot wait to watch this one live on TV Tuesday.

i went there when I was living in France ,, went with an ex French player and our seats were in their section ... they booeed and racially insulted Drog from start to finish ..

Reason ... he had played for Marseilles ... I got warning points last time they invaded our board . sum them up in a few words TWATS on the Scumpool level ..

just a little lower than the gutter

Say what you will he's actually a good ref... We should be fine.

He maybe a 'good ref', but he has a proven anti-English team bias -Chelsea, Man Utd, English national team.

He is best mates with that other anti-English fuckwit Platini.

He maybe a 'good ref', but he has a proven anti-English team bias -Chelsea, Man Utd, English national team.

He is best mates with that other anti-English fuckwit Platini.

Never hurt us! JT deserved to be sent off and all the other instances in the match galvanized the team! I'm glad the cunt called the game like he did, we would've never been champions had he not if you ask me.

Be prepared to be disappointed. I'm a Mourinho fan, but I know how he sets up in away games in champions League. Defend and counter, if the opponent doesn't attack much then we draw.

I'll love him to change his strategy to get an away goal but not concede more than one.

Infact if I was a manager I'll rather attack more away than home since away goals carry more weight, but thats just me, what do I know.

I remember when Real Madrid played Bayern at the Allianz Arena in 2012, it was a great attacking yet controlled game from both teams. I don't think Jose went with the defensive approach back then, but I could be wrong.