PSG v Chelsea

Jase

The last 10 or so mins aside, this was actually the best I've seen PSG play in a while.

I don't think we should read too much into them throwing away a 2 goal lead - they lost two players to injuries, had used all 3 subs already and had to play out the rest of the match with 9 men. Not making any excuses for them, after all they capitulated. Just saying that I wouldn't start getting overly confident.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 10 or so mins aside, this was actually the best I've seen PSG play in a while.

I don't think we should read too much into them throwing away a 2 goal lead - they lost two players to injuries, had used all 3 subs already and had to play out the rest of the match with 9 men. Not making any excuses for them, after all they capitulated. Just saying that I wouldn't start getting overly confident.

its not the tie that have people feeling over confident, its the injuries and lack confidence they will have on Tuesday as a result of todays result.

At their best they are formidable but they aren't exactly a deep team.

I had money on them to WIN ,,, seriously annoyed

Really hope we don't just sit back and play for the draw when we could (should) beat them with not too much difficulty.

They have a lot of injuries but a line up of:

Sirigu

VDW- Luiz- Silva-Digne/Maxwell

Motta

Verratti Matuidi (assuming fit)

Cavani Ibra Lavezzi

Can easily hurt us. "We should beat them without not too much difficulty" is extremely complacent. That is still a very good team. The thing is with all their injuries, they are blows in terms of possibly changing the game but every single one of those players are rotational players for PSG and not regular starters. They are at their home ground as well and will have the crowd behind them. Yes, they are not playing that well but their motivation will be sky high for the UCL.

Sirigu

Motta

Cavani Ibra Lavezzi

Can easily hurt us. "We should beat them without not too much difficulty" is extremely complacent. That is still a very good team. The thing is with all their injuries, they are blows in terms of possibly changing the game but every single one of those players are rotational players for PSG and not regular starters. They are at their home ground as well and will have the crowd behind them. Yes, they are not playing that well but their motivation will be sky high for the UCL.

excellent assessment - don't forget they will have that revenge factor & most possibly Blanc's job will be on the line - remember how PSG's Chairman viewed the lost to CFC last year?

psg1.jpg

I really don't like PSG.

Didn't they also come on here before the game taunting and being disrespectful in general? :) I'm not 100% sure but I think they did.

Not as bad as Turkish fans though

The Romanian fans were just a nightmare for the staff when we played Steaua. I remember Jim had to block all traffic from Romania in the end!

I really don't like PSG.

The Romanian fans were just a nightmare for the staff when we played Steaua. I remember Jim had to block all traffic from Romania in the end!

Yee they were a handful as well, forgot about them

Sirigu

Motta

Cavani Ibra Lavezzi

Perhaps it is complacency but I don't really rate PSG much. I expect Zlatan to be anonymous, Cavani to miss a sitter or two, and their midfield to lose possession in dangerous positions (although Lavezzi will probably score and have his one good game of the year against us). Of course form goes out of the window for this game and they will be highly motivated but there are still a lot of weaknesses in their side, not least their susceptibility to being pressed or Blanc's lack of tactical nous. I really think if we take a sensible approach to this game, one where we defend in numbers but not too deep and also with the intention to break at pace and create chances, then it shouldn't be difficult to at least get a score draw. That said we have not been particularly impressive in the big games this season and if we take a more passive approach which allows PSG to have plenty of the ball near our box then it could end up being a lot more difficult than imagined.