PSG v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know of a side he can name that won't be attack minded.

I'm not sure who is or isn't fit, but he could play Dave instead of Filipe, Mikel could start (I think he's unavailable), play Oscar/Willian instead of Juan, etc.

I know our lineup won't be all out defence, but certain selection choices will decide what the manager's after.

I really think the fact that PSG have injuries is being overrated we should not underestimate them at all they have a decent squad. We obviously will go with a 4-2-3-1 formation probably with Oscar in the hole which is depressing to me but hopefully he can actually effect the game tonight. He could go with Remy ahead of Costa but i would probably give Costa the nod ahead of Remy. I personally would put Willian Hazard and Cuadrado and play a quick counter attacking game with lots of support from the 3 guys behind our striker !

Im probably bullshitting but is anyone just as annoyed as me, that it are the same suspects again who are struggling with injury's and illness? Take Oscar, he was not mentioned to have an injury before the Everton match. Then BAM, on matchday he has a minor muscle injury. This exact thing occured earlier in the season (can't recall before wich match). We all remember how he vanished at the beginning of last year, im sensing déjàvu. Then you have a guy like Fabregas, a player notorious for dissappearing at the end of the season, who is also struggling since the beginning of the year. Im sorry to say, but what use is it when you have core players that aren't there when it is crunch time? People are slagging of players like Willian, Ramires, Ivanovic, David Luiz last year (who still has a scar from playing with an injury at that final in Munich). After the Villa game, José said he didn't want to risk Willian AND Fabregas so he only played Willian. 2 games later Willian is still playing with a light injury. /end rant.

All im saying, im glad we have some warrior spirits in the team. And it would make me happy players like Cesc and Oscar can show that too.

Can't help with injuries...it is not our choice.

I really think the fact that PSG have injuries is being overrated we should not underestimate them at all they have a decent squad. We obviously will go with a 4-2-3-1 formation probably with Oscar in the hole which is depressing to me but hopefully he can actually effect the game tonight. He could go with Remy ahead of Costa but i would probably give Costa the nod ahead of Remy. I personally would put Willian Hazard and Cuadrado and play a quick counter attacking game with lots of support from the 3 guys behind our striker !

You PROBABLY would give Costa the nod over Remy?

I think Jose will park the bus and play on the counter.

I would like us to be a little bit attacking minded though but at the same time we shouldn't take too many risks.

Parking the bus != counter attacking though.

Personally I would be extremely pissed if our seemingly negative approaches get us a 0-0 draw like it did with Atletico. It will be on a knife edge, I really think they WILL score at the Bridge so a goal here is a must, even if we lose 2-1.

You PROBABLY would give Costa the nod over Remy?

Yeah Mourinho said Diego was probably not up to speed yet he played in a game with the young players. I think you need to understand the metrics of the situation before making silly sarcastic comments like that mate !

I think Jose will park the bus and play on the counter.

I would like us to be a little bit attacking minded though but at the same time we shouldn't take too many risks.

We need to practice our counterattacks. And we need more than only just costa, hazard and oscar going forward to attack. That way our counters will be more fluid.

I wonder if Cuadrado will start? He has never played Champions League football (he has played Europa League albeit) and only 1 full game for us. It'd be a mistake for us to chuck him in here imo.

If Oscar is out, not at 100% who else then? With Fab potentially injured too, Ramires will be playing CDM so Cuadrado will have to play. Mikel is also out btw.

We need to practice our counterattacks. And we need more than only just costa, hazard and oscar going forward to attack. That way our counters will be more fluid.

That is if he shows any intention of doing that at all, could be Liverpool/City this season, Atletico away all over again.