Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whichever winger we get, people will not be happy with him, unless it is Reus.

Have a look how at how Jose plays Willian. It is no wonder he doesn't rack up stats considering he is almost essentially played as a wingback. Same will happen to Cuadrado. Mou likes these guys due to their relentless running, tracking back, and ability to defend. We're a defensive team, with a strong focus on being solid between that backline and the line just above it. Why do you think you see Matic drop back as far as the full backs at times?

Mou is perfectly happy having a workhorse on one wing who will provide some run going forward, but mainly focus on their defensive duties, while having the other winger (Hazard) carry the load completely offensively. We're able to do it because Hazard is so damn good.

Willian is very capable of sitting in the middle, or even wide, pushing forward and creating for others. We see him do it for Brazil, and we saw him do it prior to coming here. Same with Cuadrado, although strictly more suited to the wing than Willian, he will be molded into the same thing.

Whichever winger we get, people will not be happy with him, unless it is Reus.

Have a look how at how Jose plays Willian. It is no wonder he doesn't rack up stats considering he is almost essentially played as a wingback. Same will happen to Cuadrado. Mou likes these guys due to their relentless running, tracking back, and ability to defend. We're a defensive team, with a strong focus on being solid between that backline and the line just above it. Why do you think you see Matic drop back as far as the full backs at times?

Mou is perfectly happy having a workhorse on one wing who will provide some run going forward, but mainly focus on their defensive duties, while having the other winger (Hazard) carry the load completely offensively. We're able to do it because Hazard is so damn good.

Willian is very capable of sitting in the middle, or even wide, pushing forward and creating for others. We see him do it for Brazil, and we saw him do it prior to coming here. Same with Cuadrado, although strictly more suited to the wing than Willian, he will be molded into the same thing.

What you say about Willian is true, he is a wingback despite being a winger on paper. But there's more to it than that. When in positional and possessive offense, we rarely see Willian being the main link in a combination play. We always see Oscar, Hazard or Fabregas taking control of the situation, Willian mostly plays supportive role by providing passing option and being the guy who finds a way to get the ball to them. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I've always felt like Willian is always the wingman, never Barney Stinson. Not sure if tactical instructions, somewhy doubt it, think it's just a matter of confidence and actual skill.

He was very good for Columbia in Brazil. Really enjoyed watching that Columbian team, and he was enormously important for them. He has bollocks unlike Willian, very direct player and not afraid to take people on, shoot, take risks on the pitch. I like his attitude. Haven't really watched him at Fiorentina though.

I dont understand all the moanings here. I think he could be pretty decent upgrade to Willian, not to mention Schurrle or Salah. He is no game-changer but he can score, not like some people talking here that he cant. He has the power in his shots, can score from 20-25 meters and he has good crosses, something that we are lack of. He is another type of player compared to Willian, for sure much more direct - and that is what most people want from Willian, to be more direct.

Of course, I'd liked to see Reus in blue shirt but we wont always bring only world top class players.

At the begining of the year I doubt It that we'll bring anybody, now i would be just happy with Juan as I believe that he can tourns out a good, vital signing for us.

Torres cost 50m, what is your point? Eto'o played more than him.

Zouma cost more than Cahill.

Remy cost more than Drogba...

Hahaha this Salah love is the perfect way to cap off a frustrating day! I am literally laughing my ass off right now!

Mo Salah, the key to Chelsea winning everything! Why is Jose so blind??!

Drogba cost £24 million the first time around.

1411172930721.png

Well I wasn't, I was one of the biggest Costa advocates but I believe Cuadrado would be a wasteful signing.

I am not fully convinced either, but who will we buy if we actualy sell Salah/Schurrle? Season will be long and so far our bench wingers had no impact at all. Having Cuadrado on bench (or Willian) will be much better over current situation. Probably not perfect, but still better.

If the club decides to buy him, so be it. If things dont go right, we will still sign new winger as always, regardless of FFP.

And who knows, maybe this turns to be key transfer...

But as of now, Cesc and Matic realy need proper replacement from bench, much more than Willian. Matic was knackered and he played poorly, same with Cesc. Mikel is decent, but not reliable. And Cesc doesnt even have proper replacement. CB is also worrying, Cahill looks worse and worse each game passing. I guess Mou will adress these issues in summer rather than now. I just hope his lack of rotation and bench options wont destroy our starting eleven before we even enter key games in spring.

I'd rather give someone like Traore/Atsu/T.Hazard a chance than buying Cuadrado.

1. Thorgan is not a right winger.

2. Atsu can't even make an impact at Everton. Do you really think he would be better than Schürrle/Willian?

3. Traoré is only 19 and Eredivisie is a much weaker league than PL. He has still plenty to learn.

1. Thorgan is not a right winger.

2. Atsu can't even make an impact at Everton. Do you really think he would be better than Schürrle/Willian?

3. Traoré is only 19 and Eredivisie is a much weaker league than PL. He has still plenty to learn.

Atsu and Traore will never play for our first team, theyll be sold on at profit. That's what most of the reasoning behind our loans is, nothing to do with potential first team spots... profit. Thorgan Hazard might get a chance... but very slim odds at best.