Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willian is 100% the more consistent player, but he's consistently average, where-as Cuadrado is a more hot and cold player, but he'll actually win some MOTM awards unlike the rest of the '3' competing with Hazard/Oscar.

So it just comes down to what you want to see. A game winner who offers less defensive solidity or a game saver who offers less going forward. It's apples and oranges, and really we won't see that much different results with 1 or the other playing, i think. What 1 lacks, the other compensates for. They'd be interesting options on either wing with Hazard in the hole but I doubt i'll see that in this lifetime.

I personally prefer hot and cold players to average ones, as while an average one may be more dependable, they're also more predictable, lacklustre and redundant after a while; all the things I use football as an escape from. I want to be entertained by effective enough flair players, it's why I originally decided to support a big club, there's no point in lying, and Willian doesn't offer me that at all. I thought he would, after seeing him rip us a new arsehole a few seasons ago, but clearly he's having too much sex since moving to London and he's lost his mojo.

No point going into how many games i have or haven't watched. Just take my unwanted 2 cents.

Not an upgrade, but IMO, the perfect 'other option'.

This is just throwing out opinions with 0 basis now, but with Reus on the other wing, no matter how humble he seems, that'd be another 'star' on paper, and the more stars you have, the more disgruntled the likes of Hazard could become in the long run.

Reus would have pressure to sustain his past glorious figures with Dortmund; he has a name for himself already, he has to go out there and get the goals. Cuadrado, he can still choose where his name goes, there's a lot less pressure for him & he can still be moulded into a finished article of a player under Jose. Only a mad man would tinker with Reus' style of play. You build a team around Reus, you don't make him fit your team. Madrid will get this part wrong I'm sure. As such, buying a finished article of a player when he doesn't *perfectly* fit your team is risky. Where do you go if he doesn't work out?

Just with those few things considered, I believe Cuadrado would be the better team player regardless of actual ability level. He'd play with more freedom and be that 'unknown quantity' player which is usually the intangible shit that wins games you don't expect.

What players do you suggest?

Brahimi, Arda turan, Draxler, Aubameyang, Heung-min Son. These are wingers/AM that i have seen with real substance to their game outside of the unrealistic ones like Robben,Reus et al. Again it's just my opinion of watching them play.

I'm I the onlyone that actually believe Willian is better than him or at worst, they are on the same level? from a technical and tactical standpoint. Even stats wise, last season was the only abnormally.

My policy is very simple, if it doesn't improve us, don't buy unless it's for squad purposes and you don't spend £25 odd million on a squad player. Either get a player that's clearly superior to what we already have or don't bother.

Last season wasn't the only anomaly. He's been consistently far more productive and creative than Willian.

This season isn't exactly Cuadrado's best season, but his stats are still far better than Willian's:

i7748o.jpg

In fact, this season Cuadrado made more assists per 90 minutes than even Hazard(0.27 vs 0.19) and scored about the same amount of goals from open play per 90 as Hazard (0.27 non-penalty goals per 90 minutes).

Keep in mind that the standard of opposition Willian is up against is much more difficult than what Cuadrado faces. These stat charts are pretty meaningless.

True, but it goes both ways: Willian plays for a far superior team, with far better players, and racking up assists and goals should be much easier for him.

I would rather we keep our current crop of right wingers and reevaluate the situation in the summer with cool heads, wider array of options and probably cheaper prices.. not to mention to also avoid the curse of January. I can see it only being viable if we sold Schürrle, which I don't think is happening.

Cuadrado would be a decent patch in case Schürrle left, but for the reported price? He better be damn good, though I'm reserving my judgement, because I've been wrong in the past countless times by judging too quickly. If he comes, welcome and all the best! If he doesn't, I won't miss him (well, maybe a little, new players are always exciting lol).

Last season wasn't the only anomaly. He's been consistently far more productive and creative than Willian.

This season isn't exactly Cuadrado's best season, but his stats are still far better than Willian's:

i7748o.jpg

In fact, this season Cuadrado made more assists per 90 minutes than even Hazard(0.27 vs 0.19) and scored about the same amount of goals from open play per 90 as Hazard (0.27 goals per 90 minutes).

You are forgetten one key factor here, appearances. since 2011, these are Cuadrado's apps as a starter 11/12 - 32, 12/13- 34 , 13/14- 31 compared that to willian's 11/12- 25, 12/13 -15, 13/14- 22.

Obviously the player with significantly more minutes on the pitch not only has the advantage and opportunity of recording better stats in terms of goals and assist but also has the luxury of playing himself back into form which the player with significantly less munute does not enjoy.

You are forgetten one key factor here, appearances. since 2011, these are Cuadrado's apps as a starter 11/12 - 32, 12/13- 34 , 13/14- 31 compared that to willian's 11/12- 25, 12/13 -15, 13/14- 22.

Obviously the player with significantly more minutes in the pitch not only has the advantage and opportunity of recording better stats in terms of goals and assist but also there's the luxury of playing yourself back into form which the player with significantly less munute does not enjoy.

These are stats per 90 minutes played, not by appearances or totals, and this season they played about the same amount of minutes anyway.

Obviously the player with significantly more minutes on the pitch not only has the advantage and opportunity of recording better stats in terms of goals and assist but also has the luxury of playing himself back into form which the player with significantly less munute does not enjoy.

Most of those stats are averages rather than absolute values. High averages are harder to keep up for a prolonged amount of time.

Say a player has three amazing games and then gets injured for the rest of the season, it will lead to very high averages for that player. Another might play the whole season with very good games mixed in with the occasional bad one and because of it end up with far lower averages.

Willian has played more than enough games to show his true self.

These are stats per minutes played, not by appearances, and this season they played about the same amount of minutes.

Even if the stats is acknowledge, is the stats difference significant enough to spend another 30m on Cuadrado? Is Cuadrado a much better player than Willian overall and would he be a significant upgrade to justify spending that kind of money on him. These are the concerns and uncertainty that those of us against this tranfer are expressing. stats or not, most posters have seen Cuadrado play on a regular basis and do not feel he's an upgrade on what we already have.

heck Schurrle has better stats than Willian and Cuadrado yet he's not a starter nor popular with the fans. so it's more than just stats sometimes.

True, but it goes both ways: Willian plays for a far superior team, with far better players, and racking up assists and goals should be easier for him.

If you're not good enough to play at a certain level, you'll end up looking (a lot) worse than you actually are.

Comparing stats is never a good idea imo.

Most of those stats are averages rather than absolute values. High averages are harder to keep up for a prolonged amount of time.

Say a player has three amazing games and then gets injured for the rest of the season, it will lead to very high averages for that player. Another might play the whole season with very good games mixed in with the occasional bad one and because of it end up with far lower averages.

Willian has played more than enough games to show his true self.

schurrle has better stats overall (offensive stats as they are all offensive players) than Cuadrado thorughput the course of their careers, why do you want Cuadrado instead since it's all about stats right?

His stats aren´t that impressive.Willian had much better stats when he played for them

mybe mourinho kick out shurrle and salah out .and bring two new winger cuadrado and douglas costa .we must bay new winger .salah is very bad player no creativity no talent .willian he didn't score .shurrle is good for me