BlueLyon 9,359 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 If we buy both Costa and Cuadrado then we will have three right wingers with silky skills but no one who can actualy finishes actions. I rather buy realy good winger for 40m with Willian as back up rather than 25m Cuadrado AND 15m Costa. But why the fuck is Mou even looking at these fancy players when we never play open in big games. Instead a no nonsense winger with good pass shot and cross would be more effective than all that dribble jibble from Willian or Costa who would only slow our counters down.Get Cuadrado or no one and wait for quality in summer. Im bit tired of buying decent (but still overpriced) wingers who fail and we have to sell them and buy new ones...almost every year. Why not just splash 30-40-50m on that one guy and settle for next 5 years. Hazard at the time was bit more expensive but it worked. We always go for that category of not realy expensive but still a lot. And we ger overpriced, hyped players with little improvement. Bring someone from top leagues who is proven and has good potential not ukrainian flavour of the month.And for Costa and Cuadrado, I dont think we will or should buy both, probably we dont want to pay full price for Cuad and now looking for alternatives. I would prefer fucking Payet, Valbuena or Candreva ahead of another ukrainian brazil dribbling guy who I already see will waste chances and be no where seen in big games...but Ive been wrong before... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spike 12,049 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 There is always Pedro. He has the skill, workrate and end-product. Triple Threat, and not in a dancing ,singing and acting sort of way. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vybz Kartel 1,613 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 There is nothing to this rumor im sure of it Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ChelseaFanUK 1,014 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Jose said re.Salah stories at first his squad is small, and salah can go if a replacement is found. SO if Schurrle and Salah are going, then it's quite clear his comments would suggest 2 arrive Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thor 2,737 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Well the formula of Hazard in the free(ish) role and the right winger running around like a dog has got us 5 points clear at the top of the league playing our best football for years and scoring the most goals in the PL.While his end product might be a bit frustrating Willian has been a key element to our success so far.I completely agree. I was just addressing peoples frustration. I love the balance we have in our line up, and I like the way we play 95% of the time, even against the bigger sides (outside of select performances, like the Liverpool and City games where we completely shut off offensively). In fact, I am one of Willian's biggest supporters on here and constantly tell people that it is the role he is being asked to perform that dictates to a certain degree how he plays for us. We all saw what he could do at Shakhtar, and yet people dismiss him now because he is in fact told to play more defensively. Mou is getting similar players for the simple fact to mold them the same way he has Willian. That way whenever one is having an off day, he can sub on the near identical player, and have him go at it and hope he is playing slightly better. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kellzfresh 7,229 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Seems like a left footed willian to me. Just holds possession without actually beating his marker. Occasional screamer like willian does too once in a while but that's it.A big no for me. I'll rather get Felipe Anderson of lazio than him. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xPetrCechx 13,578 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Douglas Costa confirms Chelsea offer, says transfer is a ‘dream’‘It would be a dream to play for Chelsea,’ he said.‘It’s a unique chance. I will try to negotiate.’http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/23/douglas-costa-confirms-chelsea-offer-says-transfer-is-a-dream-5032856/ Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WhatsTheMatic? 28 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Id rather we slot Thorgan into the squad Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jase 43,479 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Does anyone think we'll sign both Costa and Cuadrado? if we sell Salah and Schurrle i could see it happening. Right now the main trio (Hazard,Oscar and Willian) are starting basically every game, it's kind of ridiculous. If it means Jose will start rotating the squad i'm all for it. I would rather we sign Cuadrado and promote a youngster (Boga) but if Jose doesn't trust Salah or shurrle i doubt he'll trust a youth product starting a PL/FA/League cup game. That may be true but if Costa and Cuadrado take time to adapt (to the league, Mourinho's demands etc), which might happen, then we would still be forced to start with Hazard, Oscar and Willian in almost every game. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pizy 18,976 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Surely we'll hear something about these rumors in a bit at the press conference. José will usually at least admit something's going on. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LondonsFinest 692 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Isn't he a substitute for Wellington Nem? Or have I seen wrong. From what I know Bernard, Texeira and Wellington Nem are the starters. Imo, lots of people were preffering Mandzukic and other low priced strikers rather than Costa. Douglas Costa would not be that big of an upgrade, from what I know of him. Vast upgrades are made with players like Reus, Sterling. My best pick would e Draxler. Currently the 26 million deal for Cuadrado stands as the best option for an upgrade on the RW. We need to be able to change games when they aren't going our way. And that I think, is something Costa can't offer THAT much. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Special Juan 28,164 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Surely we'll hear something about these rumors in a bit at the press conference. José will usually at least admit something's going on.Expect him to play all of it down. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
We Hate Scouse 10,328 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Isn't he a substitute for Wellington Nem? Or have I seen wrong. From what I know Bernard, Texeira and Wellington Nem are the starters. Imo, lots of people were preffering Mandzukic and other low priced strikers rather than Costa. Douglas Costa would not be that big of an upgrade, from what I know of him. Vast upgrades are made with players like Reus, Sterling. My best pick would e Draxler. Currently the 26 million deal for Cuadrado stands as the best option for an upgrade on the RW. We need to be able to change games when they aren't going our way. And that I think, is something Costa can't offer THAT much.He has started 10 out of 14 of Shaktars league games this season and been substituted in on those other 4 games. The 4 seasons before this he has started 27 out of 28 league games. So he's a starter. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LondonsFinest 692 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 He has started 10 out of 14 of Shaktars league games this season and been substituted in on those other 4 games. The 4 seasons before this he has started 27 out of 28 league games. So he's a starter. Meh, so I am in no mans land. Cheers for clearing that. Hope the lad does well, if the transfer goes through. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WNDS 502 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Isn't he a substitute for Wellington Nem? Or have I seen wrong. From what I know Bernard, Texeira and Wellington Nem are the starters. Imo, lots of people were preffering Mandzukic and other low priced strikers rather than Costa. Douglas Costa would not be that big of an upgrade, from what I know of him. Vast upgrades are made with players like Reus, Sterling. My best pick would e Draxler. Currently the 26 million deal for Cuadrado stands as the best option for an upgrade on the RW. We need to be able to change games when they aren't going our way. And that I think, is something Costa can't offer THAT much.Taison, Texeira, and Douglas Costa have been the 3 starting AMs for Shakhtar in the Champions League and most of the big games this season. As to whether Douglas Costa is an 'upgrade' or not, the answer is that he is probably viewed as a direct replacement for Salah as the left-footed RW in the squad, nothing more. From what I can see, he is a player better suited to our style of play than Salah is, and so might be used by Mourinho (much) more frequently than the unfortunate Salah has been.Personally, I'm a bit baffled as to why so many people are seemingly against this potential signing, given that it will still leave the door open for Reus to arrive as a cheap world-class upgrade to the first 11 in the summer. True, with Madrid (and every other club) in the running for him, it may be unlikely to happen, but that hasn't stopped tons of people on this forum from complaining that Cuadrado is a near-useless potential signing because he isn't enough of an upgrade for our starting line-up.Edit: Di Marzio (who broke the news that we are in for Cuadrado) has just tweeted his view that Douglas Costa is now looking the more likely purchase for us. Apparently Enner Valencia is our third option. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pizy 18,976 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Expect him to play all of it down.Yeah, wouldn't surprise me either way. Though, as transfers and transfer deadlines get close José will sometimes be open about things.He was with Willian and Costa. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LondonsFinest 692 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Taison, Texeira, and Douglas Costa have been the 3 starting AMs for Shakhtar in the Champions League and most of the big games this season. As to whether Douglas Costa is an 'upgrade' or not, the answer is that he is probably viewed as a direct replacement for Salah as the left-footed RW in the squad, nothing more. From what I can see, he is a player better suited to our style of play than Salah is, and so might be used by Mourinho (much) more frequently than the unfortunate Salah has been.Personally, I'm a bit baffled as to why so many people are seemingly against this potential signing, given that it will still leave the door open for Reus to arrive as a cheap world-class upgrade to the first 11 in the summer. True, with Madrid (and every other club) in the running for him, it may be unlikely to happen, but that hasn't stopped tons of people on this forum from complaining that Cuadrado is a near-useless potential signing because he isn't enough of an upgrade for our starting line-up.Edit: Di Marzio (who broke the news that we are in for Cuadrado) has just tweeted his view that Douglas Costa is now looking the more likely purchase for us. Apparently Enner Valencia is our third option. Aha. Then I have been mislead. But, don't get me wrong, I'm not against him. I just prefer Cuadrado. Enner Valencia is a good option too. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nadavTKL 1,787 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Really annonying syndrome since the Cuadrado rumor started - people who obviously didnt see him or Costa more than 3 times claiming they're average while pointing at their stats, crying that we dont look for better and more proven players, but somehow forget to even throw an example of a player (except Reus). What the heck do you all want?Right now we have no depth for the AM places, Schurlle and Salah form is garbage, you cant call them "depth", why not to replace them? if somehow Reus becomes available for us in the summer, and says he wants to join us and not Real or Bayern, do you really think Mou's gonna say 'no, tell him we have enough AMs'... i think he'll jump on this opportunity (and sell Schurlle who's probably staying for now as it seems). Because there's half a season to play until then, and because Reus will probably end up in Real or Bayern, doing business now to improve our team is more than welcomed. In the summer there's more time and more money to replace the ones arent doing their job. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daniel1980 1,425 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 I have never seen him play, but I have an Ukrainian coworker who says this guy is very inconsistent and much worse than Willian was at Shakhtar. He had a good last season in the domestic league, but he didn't score many goals - he assisted. He never scored more than 5 goals from open play in the Ukrainian league in 5 seasons he played for Shakhtar. Not a good sign. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
milka 3,394 Posted January 23, 2015 Share Posted January 23, 2015 Di Marzio says Chelsea won't pay more than €25M for Cuadrado and that Douglas Costa looks more closer and feasible for them now. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts