Douglas Costa

bababoom

Maybe so, but when you combine that statement with the one that the player himself has made regarding our possible attempt to sign him, it now looks extremely likely that that is exactly what is currently happening.

It looks like Chelsea at least contacted Shakhtar and really inquired about Costa, but nothing concrete yet. Shachtar's CEO was vague.

"I don't want to go into details, much less to talk about money. We're negotiating. If the negotiations are successful, then we'll announce it. It's too early and incorrect to talk about money at this point."

He doesn't sound like a man who's certain of the deal going through.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Chelsea at least contacted Shacktar and really inquired about Costa, but nothing concrete yet. Shachtar's CEO was vague and it doesn't sound like the talks are very advanced.

"I don't want to go into details, much less to talk about money. We're negotiating. If the negotiations are successful, then we'll announce it. It's too early to say anything concrete and it would be incorrect to talk about money at this point."

He doesn't sound like a man who's certain of the deal going through.

Well indeed, but my initial post was made to clear up any lingering doubts that some posters still seem to have as to whether we are actually at least somewhat serious about this transfer. I've seen quite a few posts in the last few days that were along the lines of 'bullshit, it's a smokescreen' and 'the player is only saying we're interested to alert other clubs that he wants to leave'. To me, this latest piece of news appears to remove most of the remaining ambiguity from the situation; the player has claimed that we are trying to sign him, and the CEO of Shakhtar has confirmed that his club are negotiating the player's sale. I'm still far from certain that this transfer will happen in the end, but it's certainly no longer a mere 'rumour' either.

Dear lord, don't tell me we're THAT stuck for quality in this window. Recall Moses, recall Hazard, anyone. Just don't waste money on players who aren't even good enough as squad players.

It sucks that we're addressing the wings now when there's next to nothing available, while players like Sanchez, Griezmann and even Shaqiri have been snapped up since the summer. Frustrating.

I know Douglas Costa a lot less than Cuadrado, but from the games I have seen him in (exclusively CL) I dont think he is a bad player at all, without a doubt held back by the rather average team that Schaktar is today.
He would be an upgrade on Salah I believe, and possibly on Schurrle (as in how much he can contribute to Chelsea, not in a pure comparison).

Still, would much rather we go for the colombian. The team would be improved from swapping Costa for Salah though, even if it is a lot of money for a marginal upgrade.

Well, Costa certainly seems pretty intent upon emphasising just how keen he is to join us; he's got it all pictured in his head :rolleyes:. This entire interview reads like a premature thank-you-and-goodbye to Shakhtar: http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/2015/01/na-mira-do-chelsea-douglas-costa-elogia-mourinho-esta-no-topo.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if he will still feel this way if (when?) the move falls through :P. I guess we'll find out in the next few days.......

On the other hand, if it DOES happen, it is either going to turn out to be a genuinely inspired signing or a completely ridiculous waste of money; there won't be a middle-ground here. Given our recent record with both RW and squad player signings, it will probably turn out to be the latter, unfortunately.

Well, Costa certainly seems pretty intent upon emphasising just how keen he is to join us; he's got it all pictured in his head :rolleyes:. This entire interview reads like a premature thank-you-and-goodbye to Shakhtar: http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/2015/01/na-mira-do-chelsea-douglas-costa-elogia-mourinho-esta-no-topo.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if he will still feel this way if (when?) the move falls through :P. I guess we'll find out in the next few days.......

On the other hand, if it DOES happen, it is either going to turn out to be a genuinely inspired signing or a completely ridiculous waste of money; there won't be a middle-ground here. Given our recent record with both RW and squad player signings, it will probably turn out to be the latter, unfortunately.

This is pretty much certain now I feel. He will take Salah's place and role in the team...

Not ever playing?

Yep. Maybe Mourinho might give him some more minutes since he's new, like he also did to Salah.

But if he doesn't do anything special, he'll rot on the bench and be sold next season. Vicious cycle.

Yep. Maybe Mourinho might give him some more minutes since he's new, like he also did to Salah.

But if he doesn't do anything special, he'll rot on the bench and be sold next season. Vicious cycle.

So frustrating. Quality player in Cuadrado who is 100% attainable with a release clause that isn't outrageous and we look to be passing him over for this kid.

So frustrating. Quality player in Cuadrado who is 100% attainable with a release clause that isn't outrageous and we look to be passing him over for this kid.

Funny thing is we are LOOKING TO PAY 30M FOR THIS GUY yet not 5m more for a evidently much better player and who was a star at the WC. The problem me and many are not that Costa is a bad player, but for the potential cost we should have gone for Cuadrado.

Douglas Costa: "I put my situation to them and said they would try to help me. Now you will see it come to an agreement" #CFC (GloboEsporte)

Douglas Costa: "I got great friends here. It was an option I really enjoyed coming to #Shakhtar and live those 5 years here." (GloboEsporte)

Douglas Costa on coach Lucescu: "He realized that my time was coming [to leave the club] and I believe he will do anything to help me" #CFC

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You