Douglas Costa

bababoom

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's BS. A few of my coworkers who watch the Ukrainian league told me that he's a very frustrating, inconsistent player: can have one brilliant game and be shit for a month.

I even checked out the biggest Russian sports site(there are lots of football fans from Ukraine there too) and pretty much everyone agreed this guy was worse than Willian (my Russian isn't that good, but that was pretty clear).

The worst thing is...Arsenal rejected the chance to sign Douglas Costa on loan because they felt they had enough lightweight attacking midfield options

I just don't understand this potential transfer....he's not better than Schurrle and based on his records, he doesn't score many goals

:(

Now watch us seriously regret settling for this kid when one of our direct rivals like City or United sign Cuadrado in the summer.

Replacing a player we had with a lesser player. Obviously I'll support him if we sign him and hope for the best but this would be the least excited I'll be for a signing in as long as I can remember.

I'd rather just keep André honestly.

Let's just hope this is just like the Guarin rumors that popped up last January window. All signs were pointing to us signing him and then out of nowhere we snatched Matic. I can only pray a similar thing happens again.

If Schurrle goes - then were getting Cuadrado and NOT Costa.

If Salah goes - then were getting one of them.

This is due to Champions League. Cuadrado can play, but Costa not.

But i REALLY hope Schurrle and Salah goes and we buy Cuadrado AND Costa(for the right price of course) :) If we must pay Cuadrados clause its not the worse.. But if Shaktar want more than 20£m for Costa, its a no go.

Chelsea are maintaining negotiations with #Shakhtar for Douglas Costa & have offered £18.7m. Enner Valencia is a back-up option. (Mail) #CFC

Schurrle is expected to join #Wolfsburg this week, while #ASRoma hope to agreed Mohamed Salah's loan ahead of Real Sociedad. #CFC (Mail)

The worst thing is...Arsenal rejected the chance to sign Douglas Costa on loan because they felt they had enough lightweight attacking midfield options

I just don't understand this potential transfer....he's not better than Schurrle and based on his records, he doesn't score many goals

Listening to Wenger, it sounds as if they rejected all world-class players at one time or another. What they thought is irrelevant.

Another terrible signing by Mourinho. we desperately need another defender not another Willian. we will be fine with willian and Schurrle for the rest of season, there is no need to buy this crap and sell him next year just like Salah. I'm tired of Mourinho.

Chelsea are maintaining negotiations with #Shakhtar for Douglas Costa & have offered £18.7m. Enner Valencia is a back-up option. (Mail) #CFC

Schurrle is expected to join #Wolfsburg this week, while #ASRoma hope to agreed Mohamed Salah's loan ahead of Real Sociedad. #CFC (Mail)

If they both go, itll be Costa and Cuadrado (or another in)

WHU just bought Valencia for 15 million Euros, he would be expensive as hell. Decent player though.

I don't really know this Costa guy but I hope we won't miss out on Cuadrado.

WHU just bought Valencia for 15 million Euros, he would be expensive as hell. Decent player though.

I don't really know this Costa guy but I hope we won't miss out on Cuadrado.

Think West Ham would accept a bid for the amount they paid. They've no funds this window, hence going for Fletcher on loan. Undecided on Valencia, looks good at WHU, but that's a different animal altogether

Think West Ham would accept a bid for the amount they paid. They've no funds this window, hence going for Fletcher on loan. Undecided on Valencia, looks good at WHU, but that's a different animal altogether

Fletcher's contract with United is expiring this summer. So, West Ham will be getting him without having to pay anything - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11367946/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Darren-Fletcher-expected-to-leave-Old-Trafford-and-sign-for-West-Ham-United.html

I've seen quite a few posters express their view (out of desperation? :P) that our interest in Douglas Costa is not genuine, and that we are using these rumours to gain some potential leverage with Fiorentina regarding Cuadrado. Well, bad news: http://isport.ua/football/ukraine/318207-palkin-podtverdil-peregovory-s-chelsi-po-duglasu-koste.html (Shakhtar's CEO supposedly confirms that we are in negotiations with his club regarding the player).

Interestingly though, Di Marzio is now reporting that Roma have pulled out of the Salah deal so that they may focus upon their efforts to sign....... Shakhtar's Luiz Adriano. Meanwhile, he is also reporting that our good friends Fiorentina are now expressing a more concrete interest in Salah themselves :D.

If Shakhtar sell Adriano to Roma, then surely they will not also sell us Costa? As for the business of Salah-to-Fiorentina, maybe it could yet help us land Cuadrado....

Transfer windows :rolleyes:.

Well, he didn't say that they're in talks with Chelsea: "We're negotiating about Douglas' transfer, but I won't disclose details. We'll make statement if we agree the deal. If not then not. It's too early to talk about amounts (moneys)".

Well, he didn't say that they're in talks with Chelsea: "We're negotiating about Douglas' transfer, but I won't disclose details. We'll make statement if we agree the deal. If not then not. It's too early to talk about amounts (moneys)".

Maybe so, but when you combine that statement with the one that the player himself has made regarding our possible attempt to sign him, it now looks extremely likely that that is exactly what is currently happening.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You