Luis Suarez

Blueboy

Tbf every player does that, even Messi who missed a clear cut chance at the last min last week against Valencia. If he is terrible at finishing and still scoring around 30 goals, that means when he is really good at it he should be getting around Messi/Ronaldo figure? I think people are judging him on a few misses but undermine his efforts like that dummy against Spurs or 40 yards vs Norwich. This year he has definitely improved as you said, the Everton match 2 weeks ago was a good example. When he still had a lot to do he still managed to lift the ball over the GK with the defender by his side.

While he misses chances, he cannot be categorize in bad finishing catalogue imo, it is not like Liverpool creating 10 chances per game for him either.

I can't disagree because much of what you said is true, but until this season Suarez was a pretty average finisher. He always used to get into great positions last season and his tally should've been a lot higher if he had a cleaner finish last season - but this year he's definitely put it behind him, he definitely doesn't need a lot of chances to score. Far more clinical now, as you said.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing I love about Suarez's game is that he isn't scared to try the improbable. He's the best at improvising in and around the box and will take a shot from ridiculous angles. He tries things that you don't see any other striker in the league take.

It would be refreshing seeing a striker actually threatening the target for us. Torres, Ba, and Eto'o get the ball and fumble and bumble around and give it away more often than not. Suarez has the ability to take on 2 or 3 in the box and still score or hit the target.

He's exactly what we need.

Another thing I love about Suarez's game is that he isn't scared to try the improbable. He's the best at improvising in and around the box and will take a shot from ridiculous angles. He tries things that you don't see any other striker in the league take.

It would be refreshing seeing a striker actually threatening the target for us. Torres, Ba, and Eto'o get the ball and fumble and bumble around and give it away more often than not. Suarez has the ability to take on 2 or 3 in the box and still score or hit the target.

He's exactly what we need.

Our strikers seem to create fuck all by themselves except torres against mancity. And that is what suarez does in every single game. Our strikers remind me of soldaldo where the ball has to be placed in front of him in front of the keeper before he can score.

Suarez and aguero on the other hand can dribble 2 pple in the box and score. We would have far more goals than we have now if our strikers can create chances on their own.

Suarez gets too much hype in my opinion, while he's a good player nearly all of his goals has been scored against the bottom 10 teams in the league. I think that'll be a telling factor in today's game with Arsenal, pretty similar situation to Ozil in the way he's not been too influential in the top clashes. I think Cavani would be the better choice.

Suarez gets too much hype in my opinion, while he's a good player nearly all of his goals has been scored against the bottom 10 teams in the league. I think that'll be a telling factor in today's game with Arsenal, pretty similar situation to Ozil in the way he's not been too influential in the top clashes. I think Cavani would be the better choice.

I wouldn't say that, it's pretty obvious that Suarez is given more attention by top sides. There is usually a game plan to stop him getting the ball in dangerous areas or someone personally man marking him. Luckily for Pool they also have another striker. So Sturridge is allowed a little more space which proves to be enough for him to get more chances. When Liverpool face a top side they usually play on the counter attack and this is by far the most suitable system for Sturridge to end up on the end of golden chances with his speed/technique.

It's no confidence that Sturridge's record in clashes against top sides in the last year and a half is brilliant - he gets more space cause the opposition is too focused on stopping Suarez

11 goals; 3 assists in 15 matches against United; Arsenal; City; Tottenham; Everton and Us

I do think agree that Cavani would be the better choice but for other reasons.

lock this thread; I had asked Duncan castles(who is supremely well connected to mourihno's posse) in the summer when suarez had that 40 mil clause why mourihno didnt just go in 4 him; he dm'ed back saying mourihno dosen't rate suarez for the system he is trying to build.

This is not happening.

We don't need Suarez! Lukaku is 20 years old and is one of the best strikers of the league, Suarez was playing at Groningen at the age of 20. We need to trust in Romelu and help him to became a world class striker. He is talented enough.

We don't need Suarez! Lukaku is 20 years old and is one of the best strikers of the league, Suarez was playing at Groningen at the age of 20. We need to trust in Romelu and help him to became a world class striker. He is talented enough.

Lukaku has the worst technique, he'll be a Demba Ba 2.0. Luis Suarez is a dream, people saying he doesn't impact big games need to watch yesterday's game closer. Tbh Cavani is overrated, he play's second fiddle for PSG and Uruguay NT for a reason... (still prefer him over Costa though).

Lukaku has the worst technique, he'll be a Demba Ba 2.0. Luis Suarez is a dream, people saying he doesn't impact big games need to watch yesterday's game closer. Tbh Cavani is overrated, he play's second fiddle for PSG and Uruguay NT for a reason... (still prefer him over Costa though).

I think we have enough technical players, we rather need a beast like Lukaku. He showed in Everton that he can use his physique to protect tha attacking midfielders(Deulofeu and Barkley).

• 4 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You