Petr Cech

eldo

This swap transfer talk doesn't really make sense. Cech only has 1 year left on his contract and if the price that has been thrown around is right, then he will cost only between 10-15m. That's not exactly expensive. Why would Wenger swap one of his better players - especially AOC - for someone he could just buy easily?

This swap transfer talk doesn't really make sense. Cech only has 1 year left on his contract and if the price that has been thrown around is right, then he will cost only between 10-15m. That's not exactly expensive. Why would Wenger swap one of his better players - especially AOC - for someone he could just buy easily?

I'm sure a lot might have to do with Mourinho. He might reject a cash deal, but accept a swap.

True but that was quite some time ago. One would think he'll do things differently this time.

It depends how badly he wants Cech. If such a deal did happen, it would be good business IMO.

Anyone else going to be a bit pissed if he ends up going to Arsenal? It would feel like Lampard-City again..

Completely different story.

I have the biggest respect for Petr Cech and his decision to sit on our bench for a year, even though he still is class and one of the best in the world (currently IMO even better than our own first choice goalie). I wish him well wherever he goes. It would be bitter if he did go to Arsenal, but I can't compare that with Lamps betraying us in such a manner like he did.

Anyone else going to be a bit pissed if he ends up going to Arsenal? It would feel like Lampard-City again..

If Petr wants to go to Arsenal, that's fine with me. It is the lying which makes Lampard's City move problematic. Take those lies away and I don't think any Chelsea fan would begrudge Frank anything. If Petr and his wife think that staying in London is best for their family then we should be sympathetic to that. He deserves no less.