Petr Cech

eldo

Made an odd mistake. But he makes match changing saves in almost every game. He's still the best keeper in the world.

Best keeper in the world? Not based on this season.

Some of his decision-making this season has been awful.

I really hope we don't sell Courtois, just so Cech can retire at Chelsea.

Best keeper in the world? Not based on this season.

Some of his decision-making this season has been awful.

I really hope we don't sell Courtois, just so Cech can retire at Chelsea.

His performance against Bayern is by far the best performance by GK this season. He's also made unbelievable saves at crucial times in almost all of our games this season (The one just before first goa today, against Draxler in midweek at 1-0, against Silva with his legs vs City, 2 one-on-one saves at 1-0 against Schalke in Germany....etc).

His performance against Bayern is by far the best performance by GK this season. He's also made unbelievable saves at crucial times in almost all of our games this season (The one just before first goa today, against Draxler in midweek at 1-0, against Silva with his legs vs City, 2 one-on-one saves at 1-0 against Schalke in Germany....etc).

His performance against Bayern does not count for much or does it to you ?

Bayern was not even ready for that game, see Bayern now. They would whip Chelsea 4 zip, easily. Even if both Cech & Swarzer in the net.

His performance against Bayern does not count for much or does it to you ?

Bayern was not even ready for that game, see Bayern now. They would whip Chelsea 4 zip, easily. Even if both Cech & Swarzer in the net.

They would, but that's a different story. Some of the saves he made were just incredible. In the second half of extra time, he was single handedly preserving our lead for 15 minutes from shot after shot after shot.

They would, but that's a different story. Some of the saves he made were just incredible. In the second half of extra time, he was single handedly preserving our lead for 15 minutes from shot after shot after shot.

Bayern were not sharp enough, then.

Yes, cech was good there. However, I still think, he ought to be gone, in the next summer.

He is still a top keeper, but this is his 4th mistake that has cost us in an important game. He usually makes not much more than 4 mistakes per season and usually has those in unimportant matches. But the fact that he has already reached that contigent makes me wonder how fast he is detoriating.

Courtois is already there and he is 11 years younger. We can't risk losing him. Sry, but if Cech does not pick up form, he has to take a back seat. There are no really outstanding goalies. Casillas has been into decline since years, Neuer is extremely overrated. I don't think we would lose anything with Courtois as our no.1.

I don't think we would lose anything with Courtois as our no.1.

Again, I agree with the crux of your point.

The fear with bringing in a new keeper is that their inexperience might cost us goals as they develop. The reality is that Cech is actually throwing in mistakes that are leading to goals too, so one has to ask would the difference in having Courtois actually be that great?

Just think if De Gea had conceded the second goal against West Brom.

The fear with bringing in a new keeper is that their inexperience might cost us goals as they develop. The reality is that Cech is actually throwing in mistakes that are leading to goals too, so one has to ask would the difference in having Courtois actually be that great?

If Courtois was joining Chelsea straight from Genk, then I'd be worried about inexperience...

However, due to his progress at Atletico...it'd be stupid not to give him a chance at Chelsea.

Either he comes back to Chelsea, earns the #1 spot or leaves...(I hear Barca are looking for a keeper)

As for the comparison to De Gea..he conceded a similar goal this season...but all the media attention went to Januzaj for scoring the winner with a volley.

Courtois

- after this season he Will have 3 years experience with a top side in spain

- won the spanish cup

- won the UEFA cup

-won the european supercup

- got cl experience

- keeper of the year in spain

- all this on the age of 22

For a 22 year old thats bags of experience

He is still a top keeper, but this is his 4th mistake that has cost us in an important game. He usually makes not much more than 4 mistakes per season and usually has those in unimportant matches.

Spot on, the fact Cech is making more mistakes in a short period of time is worrying. When an outfield player is displaying the same inconsistency you would expect him to have a spell on the bench, my belief is that he needs a sabbatical and Schwarzer given a chance. In the past Cech has had no competition and knows that he could get away with poor displays, I think he has become complacent like a few of our players of late, a spell on the sidelines won't do him any harm at all.

No point mentioning Courtois, despite already stating my thoughts about him being brought back, we cannot do anything now until next season but in Schwarzer we have a capable deputy.

Courtois

- after this season he Will have 3 years experience with a top side in spain

- won the spanish cup

- won the UEFA cup

-won the european supercup

- got cl experience

- keeper of the year in spain

- all this on the age of 22

For a 22 year old thats bags of experience

No, that's shit, I really hope we sell him, Cech is the best keeper in the world, Choulo19 said.

You know that guy who said Mikel was the best DM in the world two seasons ago? or that Schurrle can't have a bad game because he chases the ball and Giaccharini is a world class player.

Courtois is well past the raw developing stage now.

Several folks here, might say Cech has played well this season.

On Saturday, did he play well, then ? Could he have dealt better with the first goal or the second ? The second goal trickled past him & into the net, rather easily, I feel.

So the question remains the same for me. Who should start for Chelsea next season ?