Petr Cech

eldo

Had a nightmare last 15 or so minutes. Hesitant on a few occasions. The miscommunication from him & Luiz, for the goal was just awful.

Huh? Were you in both heads and there to hear what was going on?

The goal was simply a product of great effort by WBA and an awesome cross. I cannot see how it was a result of poor communication between Luiz and Cech because it happened so fast.

But please do explain your reasoning.

Had a nightmare last 15 or so minutes. Hesitant on a few occasions. The miscommunication from him & Luiz, for the goal was just awful.

It was not a miss-communication, Cech had to take a step forward in case everyone misses the ball, but he could not do anything about that. It was a great cross which is no surprise considering that the crosser had all the time and space in the world, and Anichibe just beat Luiz to it. Petr couldn't do anything.

It was not a miss-communication, Cech had to take a step forward in case everyone misses the ball, but he could not do anything about that. It was a great cross which is no surprise considering that the crosser had all the time and space in the world, and Anichibe just beat Luiz to it. Petr couldn't do anything.

Looked as if Petr came out for the ball then completely stopped, while Luiz lost his man. Will have to see it again.

Looked as if Petr came out for the ball then completely stopped, while Luiz lost his man. Will have to see it again.

Exactly what happened. Both Cech and Luiz are at fault, Cech for hesitating (you're always beaten coming off your line like that without going for the ball) and Luiz for losing the challenge.

Glad people are realising that if Cech comes out for this, it isn't a goal. Luiz should've stayed on Anichebe for sure but Cech stopping when the ball was mid-flight was equally as bad.

Cech was never going to get to that ball ahead of Anichibe unless Anichibe stopped. The cross is a great one becasue it was bent away from Petr, his step forward was in case Anichibe missed it. There is absolutely nothing Petr could have done to prevent that.

Cech was never going to get to that ball ahead of Anichibe unless Anichibe stopped. The cross is a great one becasue it was bent away from Petr, his step forward was in case Anichibe missed it. There is absolutely nothing Petr could have done to prevent that.

Having watched the goal a few times it looked like Cech stopped, he should've at least made an attempt to go for the ball.

I'll have to watch it again to see whether what you're saying is correct, but from what I saw I though Cech should've either made the decision to stay on his line or to attempt to go for the ball. He did neither.

Having watched the goal a few times it looked like Cech stopped, he should've at least made an attempt to go for the ball.

I'll have to watch it again to see whether what you're saying is correct, but from what I saw I though Cech should've either made the decision to stay on his line or to attempt to go for the ball. He did neither.

yeah, his play wasn't great, but the cross was really good.

I've learned over the years that when a GK leaves the goal to intercept the football he should be damn sure to finish the job because if he misses it, the goal will be exposed.

Still, we were just too shitty in the last 20 minutes to want anything other than what we got.

The reverse angle from in front of the goal clearly shows that he wasn't getting there ahead of Anichibe. Maybe he should have stayed on his line, but he wouldn't have saved it on any account.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bsut6_goal-anichebe-west-bromwich-1-1-chelsea-11-02-2014-highlights_sport#from=embediframe