Petr Cech

eldo

Cech really took the piss yesterday after he tried to be too clever with that back pass. It was so freaking unnecessary and luckily nothing happened from it. Mourinho's reaction to it says it all..

ibbnxNHQtDKEFm.gif

And after the game, Mourinho said this..

James Olley @JamesOlley 13h

Mourinho: "Today was a game where I was close to a heart attack...that stupid thing at the back (Cech nearly caught out by Hernandez)."

Cech really took the piss yesterday after he tried to be too clever with that back pass. It was so freaking unnecessary and luckily nothing happened from it. Mourinho's reaction to it says it all..

He didn't do it on purpose. His first touch wasn't good. Thank gosh he had that sliding control thing in his locker.

He didn't do it on purpose. His first touch wasn't good. Thank gosh he had that sliding control thing in his locker.

He could have just set himself up to boot it upfield, which eventually he had to, when he got the back pass. You're running the risk when you have someone as persistent as Hernandez closing down the ball.

He could have just set himself up to boot it upfield, which eventually he had to, when he got the back pass. You're running the risk when you have someone as persistent as Hernandez closing down the ball.

But I think that is what he was trying to do but his touch let him down and the ball just went over his foot.

But I think that is what he was trying to do but his touch let him down and the ball just went over his foot.

He's probably try to do it with his left foot but my point earlier was he should set himself up and just kick it with his right.

He's probably try to do it with his left foot but my point earlier was he should set himself up and just kick it with his right.

Very easy to say that, but if you're predominantly a left-footed player it's only natural to want to shift it onto his stronger foot. I certainly do the same when I'm playing, I often refuse to kick with my left unless it's absolutely necessary. I just don't think he saw Hernandez closing him down as he was focusing on Welbeck closing from the opposite side. I was a little pissed at Cahill for such a silly pass in all honesty. he should have just smacked it out. Oh well, no harm done.

Very easy to say that, but if you're predominantly a left-footed player it's only natural to want to shift it onto his stronger foot. I certainly do the same when I'm playing, I often refuse to kick with my left unless it's absolutely necessary. I just don't think he saw Hernandez closing him down as he was focusing on Welbeck closing from the opposite side. I was a little pissed at Cahill for such a silly pass in all honesty. he should have just smacked it out. Oh well, no harm done.

Understandable but it's not like Cech's right foot is weak at kicking the ball. As for not knowing Hernandez was closing down, maybe you're right or maybe not. I'm sure Mourinho would have made the point before the game don't run any risk at the back especially when somebody like Hernandez is around. Cech should have just kicked it upfield with his right IMO.

Understandable but it's not like Cech's right foot is weak at kicking the ball. As for not knowing Hernandez was closing down, maybe you're right or maybe not. I'm sure Mourinho would have made the point before the game don't run any risk at the back especially when somebody like Hernandez is around. Cech should have just kicked it upfield with his right IMO.

Yeah I agree he should have just swung a leg at it. But I think what happened was, he gets the ball from Cahill, seeing Welbeck closing him down, so goes to shift it away from Welbeck and onto his stronger left - at which point he realised Cheese Dorito is right on him, so after some Ronaldinho shizzle, manages to clear the ball. Just don't think he checked his shoulder. He nearly got Eto'o'd!

Yeah I agree he should have just swung a leg at it. But I think what happened was, he gets the ball from Cahill, seeing Welbeck closing him down, so goes to shift it away from Welbeck and onto his stronger left - at which point he realised Cheese Dorito is right on him, so after some Ronaldinho shizzle, manages to clear the ball. Just don't think he checked his shoulder. He nearly got Eto'o'd!

Post of the month, no doubt.

http://www.petr-cech.com/News-and-actualities/A-Fantastic-Victory/mo-56u.article.aspx

In the 70th minute he was forced to perform a rather hazardous stunt when he failed to control a back-pass and had to hook the ball away from Hernandez in the last second. “I got a back-pass and I was going to backheel the ball away but Chicharito was too quick, which is why I was forced to resort to that desperate move and hope for the best. In the end it all worked out just fine,” Petr recalled.

• 3 weeks later...

Rumors going around that PSG is intersted in Cech in the summer for 17m. Not saying it is a good move by us but if that is the case and Courtois demands me or him situation I would have to accept it imo. It is good money for a GK, practically with Neuer at around 25m. Not saying Cech is massively behind but he is no where near the level in quality atm.

So if it really has to come down to him or Courtois I think we should sell Cech, especially with this sort of money being offered.

Rumors going around that PSG is intersted in Cech in the summer for 17m. Not saying it is a good move by us but if that is the case and Courtois demands me or him situation I would have to accept it imo. It is good money for a GK, practically with Neuer at around 25m. Not saying Cech is massively behind but he is no where near the level in quality atm.

So if it really has to come down to him or Courtois I think we should sell Cech, especially with this sort of money being offered.

Neuer isn't that much better than Cech.

Honestly, I'm for Courtois staying and Cech going in the summer but you don't need to underrate Petr to try and make your point more valid.

Neuer isn't that much better than Cech.

Honestly, I'm for Courtois staying and Cech going in the summer but you don't need to underrate Petr to try and make your point more valid.

I guess, but he is a bit better atm you have to say. Actually Cech proves why teams are willing to pay big money(for a GK) for him with his performance against City, good saves when he was needed. Kind of a bit sad to want one of your best player who is still playing well to go but really sometime there is more to football than just the on field part :(

It is the conclusion which we all knew would one day come down to, either bite the bullet and sell Cech for Courtious or cash in on Thibaut and keep Cech, then search for another keeper to be the long-term replacement.

It will be a sad day, but imo, the best scenario is to sell Cech for a high amount and bring in Thibaut - using the money to help bring in either: a better option for a back-up, or towards the new striker that will come in the summer.