Lionel Messi

Myself

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's following City and Chelsea then the most likely reason for me is that two of his very good friends Aguero and Fabregas are there..

Ane why would he follow Courtois and Luis since today?

Try examining the situation as a whole.

Messi has massive tax issues in Spain, so much so that he's now before a judge which is the first time a player in La Liga will be put before a judge for taxes(Real Madrid players Xabi Alonso and Iker Casillas and tennis star Rafa Nadal all settled out of court) he's already paid 50m in fines for his tax charges. He won't have that problem in England and will likely be protected better against such charges.

His wife was seen with Fabregas and Cesc's girlfriend during the last international break in London. They are very good friends.

Chelsea and Messi share the same sponsors in Adidas and Turkish Airlines, it would make perfect sense for both parties to be on the same side, no?(Messi and Chelsea, can only be good for business practices)

The Director was fired for what? is Barca underachieving? or has the situation just become untenable?

Seems like a weird day to just wake up and say "oh you know what, I haven't liked Chelsea on instagram yet." Then his wife says the same thing "Oh shit I haven't liked Chelsea on twitter yet!" and then finally Cesc's fiancee decides to like the notion that he is now following Chelsea. They are close, very close.

I'm not dismissing it, if Messi is truly unhappy where could he go? London is the most realistic destination in all honesty and his best friend is here.

You're right. Not denying any of that. But it's still not enough to say he's going to sign for us.

But like someone else posted. I'm just trying to keep myself in check because it's almost too good to be true that we could actually sign Messi. Hell I'd probably keep dismissing all the news until I actually see him holding the shirt.

Pros

- A new challenge. He has achieved everything at Barca & is at an age where it could be a last chance to play at a high level in another league. Won every trophy to win, is La Liga highest goalscorer, and Barca's highest goalscorer.

- The tax issue in Spain

- His wife loves Cesc's bird

- The Adidas/Turkish Airlines connection

- All these little social media teases

Cons

- Seems a little coordinated just to put pressure on Barca

- Funding the transfer

Highly unlikely but if it did ever happen it would instantly propel us as one of the truly elite clubs in the world

Following things seems a warning shot

Against this transfer

Declined as a player

Transfer fee £200m

Tax issues which will take his attention away

Team balance

Not really. Sometimes he just seems very unmotivated. The current Barca team is very average. There is no midfield and Messi often has to drop very deep and play as a midfielder and create chances for others because no one in the midfield does it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You