Filipe Luís

Jase

Unbelievable. This place can be bloody unbelievable sometimes.

If you go through match threads or even this match (don't remember where I've posted about his previous matches) you'll see I was less than impressive with his performances, which is what I was assessing at those posts.

Now question why we signed him - not if we should have or not - but if he's going to be a first team player or not? To say he hasn't proved his value to Mourinho? Why do you think he was signed in the first place? To replace Cole in the bench? I honestly believe some of you might be wondering that and I repeat. Unbelievable.

He's adapting, he's new in the squad, his finding his feet. What's surprising there? How many months took Ramires to do the same? Eden Hazard after an spectacular first weeks in England? What could he possibly have done to assure people he's here to be a bench warmer? He may not be a starter in the first matches, but that's because it takes time to adapt to a new team, situation and league. He's struggling, anyone can see that, but his value as a player continues to be the same. Spanish league champion, UCL runner-up being one of Simeone's key players. It's too damn early to say BS such as he has to prove himself. So do the other 24 players in the squad. It's pre-season, the fact he went or not to the world-cup is irrelevant. FB is the position in the pitch that needs the most understanding from the more amount of players. He needs to have a good understand with the other defenders (let's not forget he already has with Courtois and that's an advantage to the others), with the AM's to support the attack, but even with the midfielders to help transition, to hold possession, etc. Give the guy time. Is it a concept too difficult for some to grasp? And sorry if I sound like a bitch... I can't help.

I'm convinced Luis will be the first choice LB eventually, but in the first few games, Jose might choose Iva-Azpi. It is possible and it won't mean that Luis won't be a starter.

Exactly. No reason not to ease him in. Burnley away is a tough match so why not introduce him gradually?

He's a proper all-round left-back. Have faith people.

Monday night, shitty ground, shitty weather, fans and players up for it and they're a well-drilled team....there are far, far easier matches to introduce someone to the Premier League.

I see it the other way actually. I would throw him into the deep end so he experiences what PL and English football is like from the get-go. Burnley away is a great personification of that.

Monday night, shitty ground, shitty weather, fans and players up for it and they're a well-drilled team....there are far, far easier matches to introduce someone to the Premier League.

If we get scared of a small team like Burnley we should just very well say good bye to the title before the season actually starts.

We should just go and thrash them (I mean all these small teams) NO MERCY like Chelsea of 2009-10.

Preferably I would like Luis to start against Burnley as there is no reason why he should not. On paper we are better than Burnley on every angle. It would delight me to see him start. I just have a feeling that Mourinho's choice will be to play Luis for the Leicester game and go with Azpi at LB for the Burnley game.

If we get scared of a small team like Burnley we should just very well say good bye to the title before the season actually starts.

We should just go and thrash them (I mean all these small teams) NO MERCY like Chelsea of 2009-10.

First game of 2009-10 we played Hull who are probably considered a 'small team'.

We went 1-0 down to them and beat them 2-1.

We did not thrash them.