Diego Costa

Spike

Why did Del Bosque even play him in a meaningless friendly when it was well known that he was still carrying a hamstring injury? Would have been a good opportunity for him to just stay back in London and get fully fit during the international break but it's too late now.

Hope the injury is not serious or we're fucked. There are some very important games coming up over the next few weeks and having Costa fit might just be the difference between a win and a draw and knowing our annual dip in form around November it's vital to win as many games as possible till then. At least we have Remy now...

This is why I was worried we might have to rely on him in the long term, he isn't exactly the fittest guy in the world so it would be good if we have 2 top class strikers or so. Remy is a decent back up but lets see how he does against Swansea.

If there's one medical department I trust in the whole world is ours.

Just a week ago Cesc said it was the first time he played without pain in EIGHT months. I remember a few cases in the past of players that had problems in Barcelona then were transferred somewhere else and the problems went away. Who knows how good Atletico team is?

We have a great team at Cobham, so I won't worry for now if Costa is injury prone or not, I'm positive the medical team will work on him - as they do with everyone - and if it's fixable, they'll fix it. Chelsea players - especially his age - are rarely in and out the physio room here. So I trust them to work on his muscles and improve his general condition.

As for this injury itself, I'm not that worried. It's nice having a second striker with quality and Remy seems to have it. Of course, he's not the same level as Costa, but Schurrle and Hazard would have a chance to shine and score with Fàbregas. We not only have a striker now, but a quality playmaker and a system that benefits the attacking players in general.

It would suck not to count on Diego against City, but that's two weeks from now and I refuse to worry about something that could be the same scare he had against Everton. He played yesterday, so maybe del Bosque is actually doing the right thing and sending him home for Chelsea to work on his recovery before it's a serious thing. It could be a preventive thing more than an injury already. He did have a problem a week ago, but he played then and he played yesterday. Maybe he just needs some rest.

No need to panic yet imo. Either way it would be better in the long run to rest him against Swansea or at most use him as a sub.

Anyone notices his pattern is awfully similar to Torres? Torres was one of the best in the world and Rafa kept rushing him back because Liverpool team was shit and eventually he ruined him, just hope the same isn't happening with Costa. If he needs 1 month rest, lets give him it rather than keep rushing him back in 2 weeks and risk the injury being worse again.

Pointless to play against Arsenal and City if it means he can't run properly and just hurt himself even more, even the best like Ronaldo and Messi can't do anything for their team when rushed back as we see when Barca got fucked in 12-13 CL or Portugal this summer.

Anyone notices his pattern is awfully similar to Torres? Torres was one of the best in the world and Rafa kept rushing him back because Liverpool team was shit and eventually he ruined him, just hope the same isn't happening with Costa. If he needs 1 month rest, lets give him it rather than keep rushing him back in 2 weeks and risk the injury being worse again.

Pointless to play against Arsenal and City if it means he can't run properly and just hurt himself even more, even the best like Ronaldo and Messi can't do anything for their team when rushed back as we see when Barca got fucked in 12-13 CL or Portugal this summer.

Torres is an anonomly, no one will ever decline that rapidly ever again, not in their twentys anyway.

Maybe he isn't even injured and this is just a ploy to secure Munir El Haddadi for Spain. After minor injury, club often ask NT to play their player the least possible, he played one game, VDB saw what he wanted and Diego could return to Chelsea safe.

To add something, Costa really didn't seem injured yesterday.

I don't even think he picked up injuries consistently until he was rushed back towards the end of last season and the world cup probably made it worse. I hope he is given proper time to heal because his long term fitness will be crucial to our success this season. Why the hell did Spain even play him when it was a meaningless friendly and he was known to be nursing an injury?

This guy seems very injury prone hey?

Not a good sign for our long terms hope with him.

he isnt injury-prone. Atletico just destroyed him last season by playing him while he wasnt fully recovered and now he is getting backlashed by this. he needs to recover fully. he shouldnt have played the WC in the first place and after that he immidiately started pre-season with us. He needs to rest and be fully fit. Its beyond my beliefs how professional doctors cant figure out that he needs to rest and not rush him into play. he has had this problems since May and he needs to solve them finally. He isnt very injury-prone, its just the same injury appearing again and again.

he isnt injury-prone. Atletico just destroyed him last season by playing him while he wasnt fully recovered and now he is getting backlashed by this. he needs to recover fully. he shouldnt have played the WC in the first place and after that he immidiately started pre-season with us. He needs to rest and be fully fit. Its beyond my beliefs how professional doctors cant figure out that he needs to rest and not rush him into play. he has had this problems since May and he needs to solve them finally. He isnt very injury-prone, its just the same injury appearing again and again.

So then Chelsea should just put him in the bench for a couple weeks to get rested and use Remy.

The cases are completely different. Torres had knee issues that ruined him. Hamstring is a muscle problem. If he ever develops knee issues too - knock the wood - it's unrelated to the problem he has now. An ACM or whatever is the name of what van Ginkel had is related to ligaments and therefore more likely if he ever gets a serious injury although tearing the ligaments is unpredictable and happens bc of abrupt rupture that can happen anytime.

Costa problem has nothing to do with Torres old problem